Menu

Peformance Improved? Let me know!

Bob

Hi All,

I've been working for the past couple of days to tune the forum software and server configuration to improve performance. :hurray:

I think the changes I've made should have improved things substantially

for most users - please let me know if you think things are better.

-Jedi Bob

Hi All,

I've been working for the past couple of days to tune the forum software and server configuration to improve performance. :hurray:

-Jedi Bob

I think it's great! I'm always grateful for the things you people do.

Thanks!

I was hoping it would now also make dinner. Sigh.

:biggrinjester:

Thanks, Bob!!! You're the bees knees..or wings..or ground control...or something really important!

I do have a curiosity question, not really a complaint or anything: Is there any way to include functions like smilies and text styles for the social group boards? Just wondering.

Yesterday I got Server Busy most of the day. Today, not once! I have been on the computer off and on all day, and not one problem.

Your awesomeness is showing today,

:hurray::party::hurray:

Thanks for all your help, today and everyday!

Tap

I was hoping it would now also make dinner. Sigh.

:biggrinjester:

Thanks, Bob!!! You're the bees knees..or wings..or ground control...or something really important!

I do have a curiosity question, not really a complaint or anything: Is there any way to include functions like smilies and text styles for the social group boards? Just wondering.

Click "advanced options" under the message window.

I don't have the "server busy" messages anymore, but I am still always logged out whenever I navigate to a different page. For example, I'll log in then click on a board and am logged out. I click to post a reply and have to log in again; then click to check my messages and have to log in again; then click back on the main board and am automatically logged out again. And often I will log in, it will say I successfully logged in, but instead of proceeding to the page I wanted it kicks me back to the log in page. Often I'll log in, type a new message, and when I click "Submit Reply" I get bumped to the log in page.

It never happened before, then it started happening sporadically, and now it happens all the time.

Should I assume this is a problem only I am having? :001_huh:

I don't have the "server busy" messages anymore, but I am still always logged out whenever I navigate to a different page. For example, I'll log in then click on a board and am logged out. I click to post a reply and have to log in again; then click to check my messages and have to log in again; then click back on the main board and am automatically logged out again. And often I will log in, it will say I successfully logged in, but instead of proceeding to the page I wanted it kicks me back to the log in page. Often I'll log in, type a new message, and when I click "Submit Reply" I get bumped to the log in page.

It never happened before, then it started happening sporadically, and now it happens all the time.

Should I assume this is a problem only I am having? :001_huh:

When you log in there is a little box that says something like 'keep me logged in'. If you don't check the box, it logs you out after a short period of time, I am guessing maybe 10 minutes. Are you checking the box, and still getting automatically logged out?

Things have seemed much better - haven't gotten a server busy message since the upgrade. Until tonight. Right before posting this mesage, I had a hard time getting on for about five minutes. Just fyi, in case it helps. Thanks for the hard work.

Robin

Me, too.

Aggie

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi All,

-Jedi Bob

I'm having problems with Hybrid display. The threads box on the top displays way past the screen; the box is wider than my screen but the post boxes are normal. In order to scroll down, I have to go across horizontally and cannot see the names of the posts any longer. I don't know if I need to do something in options or if this is a part of the problems you are working on.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All,

-Jedi Bob

You prolly don't want to here this...

...but I've been getting lots of "server busy" over lunch lately....

After doing as much as I could with server tuning, I added more hardware to run the forums last night. It seems to me that this helped quite a lot, even today during peak times. Let me know if you get any more server-busy messages.

-Jedi Bob