Menu

A homeschooler won first place in the IL Music Federation composition contest.

OnTheBrink

Bravo! My girls love composing and this is the second year my oldest will be entering a similar contest. I'll have to share with her that another homeschooler did it too :)

Thanks! I cried when she told me. This is the third contest she's won this year for music composition. She's also carrying a 4.0 and is in the honor society in college. I'm in awe of her talent, but more than anything, I'm thrilled that keeping her home for her education was the right choice for her. I really think that homeschooling her has allowed her to explore who she is and what she can do without the external pressure to conform. She is quirky, geeky, nerdy, has blue hair and an endless wardrobe of beanies and mismatched socks. She is who she is and she is confident and brilliant and I'm so proud of her I could burst! 

• Like 17

Thanks! I cried when she told me. This is the third contest she's won this year for music composition. She's also carrying a 4.0 and is in the honor society in college. I'm in awe of her talent, but more than anything, I'm thrilled that keeping her home for her education was the right choice for her. I really think that homeschooling her has allowed her to explore who she is and what she can do without the external pressure to conform. She is quirky, geeky, nerdy, has blue hair and an endless wardrobe of beanies and mismatched socks. She is who she is and she is confident and brilliant and I'm so proud of her I could burst! 

More :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: !

Thank you so much for sharing this, OP.  What an inspirational post for those of us in the trenches and, perhaps more importantly, for people lurking here wondering whether they can homeschool and whether it's worth it.  Thank you!

• Like 3