Menu

List view of 2016 Acceptances - copy and paste, and add your student here so we can celebrate!!!

FaithManor

I am adding ds of margoargo's acceptances to the list!!!

American University of Paris - dd of Kim in SouthGA

Auburn University - dd of Teacher mom - scholarship, ds of margoargo

Azusa Pacific University - ds of Running the race

Baylor University - dd of Gr8lander

Berry College - ds of teachermom2834 - scholarship

Biola University - ds of Running the race - scholarship

Birmingham Southern College - ds of teachermom2834 - scholarship

Bridgewater State University - dd of Matryoshka

Case Western Reserve University, Baltimore County - merit scholarship; ds of ValRN

Cedarville University - ds of JanOH

Clark University - ds of Kewb

Colleen in Nova Scotia - ds has two acceptances - with scholarships

College of Saint Rose - ds of Nancy in NH - Trustees Scholarship

Colorado State - dd of Teacher mom - scholarship, and ds of Bugs

Colorado State Master's in Resource Management--dd of Margaret in CO

Concordia University in Montreal - Our very own CLEOQC

Cornell University - dd of Teacher mom decision made!!!

Elon University - dd of JumpedintoTheDeepEndFirst

Florida State University - dd of Melissa B

Furman University-dd of JumpedintotheDeepEnd - Scholarship

George Mason University - ds of ThisIsTheDay

Georgia State University - dc of Joules honors program

Georgia Tech - dd of plansrme, dd of Gr8lander, ds of margoargo

Grand Canyon University - ds of Running the Race - Honors College and Scholarship

Grove City College - dd of Chloe

Hofstra - dd of AngieW in Texas with scholarship

Hollins University - dd of JumpedintotheDeepEnd - scholarship

Indiana University - ds of littlemommy - Honors Program

Iowa State University - dd of Skateleft

Keenesaw State University - dd of Night Elf

King's College - dd of Kim in GA scholarship

Lees-McRae College of Performing Arts - dd of Michelle_NC - scholarships

Loyola University of New Orleans- dd of Katilac - scholarship

Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) - dc ofJoanHomeED

Mcneese State University - dd of Katilac - scholarship

Mercer University - dd of Kim in SouthGa - Presidential Scholarship and Tift Scholarship, and dd of ZiMom - scholarship

Messiah College - dd of Gr8lander

Miami University (Ohio) - dd of JumpedintotheDeepEndFirst Honors Program and scholarship, ds of Sebastian (a lady) - scholarship

Michigan Technological University - ds of Faithmanor - scholarship

Middle Tennessee State University - ds of Teachermom 2834

Missouri Western State University - dd of Momto2Ns - scholarship

Montana State University - dd of Gr8lander

Northern Michigan University - ds of Faithmanor, scholarship

Oglethorpe University - ds of Teachermom2834 - ds of Joules - scholarship

Ohio State University - ds of TheApprentice, ds of mjbucks1 to College of Engineering with merit scholarship and honors program

Ohio University - dd of Hillfarm

Pace - dd of AngieW in Texas with scholarship and honors program

Princeton - dd of Muttichen; dd of Gr8lander

Purdue University - dd of JumpedintotheDeepEndFirst - scholarship & Honors College; ds of Sebatian (a lady) College of Science - NROTC scholarship

Radford University - ds of ThisIsTheDay

Rider University - ds of Kewb
Rose - Hulman Institute of Technology - ds of cjzimmer1, ds of TheApprentice

Samford University - dd of Kim in SouthGa

Santa Clara University, ds of Handmaiden to The School of Engineering - merit scholarship!

Spring Hill College- ds of Teachermom2834, dd of Katilac - scholarship

Susquehanna University - ds of Nancy in NH - scholarship

SUNY Cortland - ds of Kewb
Sweet Briar - dd of JumpedintotheDeepEndFirst - scholarship and Honors College

Texas A & M - dd of Teacher mom, ds of margoargo

Texas State University - ds of Kinsa

Towson University - ds of Kewb
Trinity University - dd of Katilac - scholarship

Union University - ds of MorningGlory

United States Military Academy - ds of margoargo

Universitat von Bayreuth Germany - ds of rdj2027

University of Alabama - dd of Teacher mom - scholarship; dd of Katilac -scholarship; ds of mjbucks1 full tuition scholarship, engineering scholarship, honors program; dd of hopskipjump - scholarship; ds of margoargo

University of Alabama Huntsville - dd of Katilac - scholarship

University of Central Florida - dd of hopskipjump - scholarship

University of Georgia - dd of Night Elf, dd of Teacher mom - scholarship, ds of margoargo - honors college

University of Kentucky - ds of mjbucks1 - honors program, dd of Gr8lander

University of Louisiana at Monroe - dd of Katilac - scholarship

University of Maryland Baltimore Count) (UMBC) - ds of TheApprentice

University of Massachusetts Lowell - dd of Matryoshka - honors & scholarship

University of Memphis - ds of MorningGlory

University of Michigan - ds of Faithmanor - honors; College of Engineering dd of Angela in Ohio, CoE ds of VaIRN

University of New Haven - ds of ValRN - presidential scholarship (several applications pending)

University of Oklahoma - dd of Gr8lander

University of Pennsylvania Wharton School - ds of Jennifer in MI - scholarship

University of Tampa - dd of Melissa B - scholarship

University of Tennessee - ds of Teachermom2834

University of Texas at Dallas - dd of AngieW in Texas

University of New Haven - ds of ValRN - presidential scholarship (several applications pending)

University of South Carolina - ds of mjbucks1 tuition reduction, honors college, merit scholarship

University of Virginia - ds of margoargo

Vanguard University - ds of Running the Race - scholarship

Virginia Commonwealth U- dd of Teacher Mom

Virginia Tech - dd of MysteryJen, dd of Diane P.

Washington College - dd of JumpedintotheDeepEndFirst - scholarship

WendyAndMilo - local state university

Western Michigan University - ds of Faithmanor - scholarship

West Virginia University - dd of Heather in VA - Honors college, scholarship

Willamette University - ds of Joules - scholarship

Worcester Polytechnic Institute - ds of Sebastian (a lady) - scholarship

Xavier University - ds of Teachermom2834 - scholarship

• Like 11

My DS, 18, has been accepted into BYU Idaho and University of Utah. He still has about a month to wait to hear back from BYU Provo. And, it will still be awhile before he hears about scholarships. He's especially excited about UofU because of the Geographic Information Science five year BS/MGIS combined degree, which he would like to combine with a Geoint Certificate. I'm not positive if doing both is possible, but he's excited about the prospect.

• Like 22

Okay, wow! I think I am caught up again. Woot to all of the new acceptances and scholarship announcements!

Ds was invited to the multi-cultural scholarship competition at Western Michigan University on February 20th. He is VERY excited about this.

Unfortunately, he has put on another 2 inches of height since we last bought dress pants (he has a 27" waist so NOT easy to find), and so far my online hunt for 28 x32 that likely have a hem I can let down to 33" has been fruitless. I have not found a single online source for 28 x34. I would hem them up if I could find those. GAH!

I may see if I can find a Men's Wearhouse suit 36L with unhemmed pants and hope that there is enough fabric to do finish a 33" inseam.

• Like 11

And let me say this, though U of Rochester is not the strongest option for his particular niche, we really liked the school, and I am not so patiently waiting to hear from them. It is a very selective school, more so than U of Michigan, so we probably shouldn't be sweating it...still...it would be nice to know one way or the other.

• Like 9

And let me say this, though U of Rochester is not the strongest option for his particular niche, we really liked the school, and I am not so patiently waiting to hear from them. It is a very selective school, more so than U of Michigan, so we probably shouldn't be sweating it...still...it would be nice to know one way or the other.

If he were to go there, we'd finally get the chance to meet in person... Just sayin'... not trying to sway you or anything.  ;)  The school really is fabulous.  Middle son fell in love with his first visit too.  It fits a certain niche type of student.  

• Like 5

Okay, wow! I think I am caught up again. Woot to all of the new acceptances and scholarship announcements!

Ds was invited to the multi-cultural scholarship competition at Western Michigan University on February 20th. He is VERY excited about this.

Unfortunately, he has put on another 2 inches of height since we last bought dress pants (he has a 27" waist so NOT easy to find), and so far my online hunt for 28 x32 that likely have a hem I can let down to 33" has been fruitless. I have not found a single online source for 28 x34. I would hem them up if I could find those. GAH!

I may see if I can find a Men's Wearhouse suit 36L with unhemmed pants and hope that there is enough fabric to do finish a 33" inseam.

My youngest has the same problem. Our local Men's Wearhouse usually works, though, and ds also finds clothes that fit his string bean figure thru Uniqlo. You could also have a 29 or 30" waist altered to fit, or rely on a good belt if they are just a tad loose.

My youngest has the same problem. Our local Men's Wearhouse usually works, though, and ds also finds clothes that fit his string bean figure thru Uniqlo. You could also have a 29 or 30" waist altered to fit, or rely on a good belt if they are just a tad loose.

I have never heard of Uniqlo...off to look them up!

• Like 1

Hi Faith,

I just have one small correction to mention.

Ds was invited to the honors college for Univ. of Southern Maine.  Ds did not apply to Univ. of Tampa.  I think you just added to the line below Univ. of Southern Maine by mistake.

University of Southern Maine - ds of Nancy in NH - scholarship (add honors college here)

University of Tampa - dd of Melissa B - scholarship - (ds of Nancy in NH - honors college)--delete this

Thanks so much for creating and keeping this list for us!

Nancy

FaithManor said: Unfortunately, he has put on another 2 inches of height since we last bought dress pants (he has a 27" waist so NOT easy to find), and so far my online hunt for 28 x32 that likely have a hem I can let down to 33" has been fruitless. I have not found a single online source for 28 x34. I would hem them up if I could find those. GAH!

Same problem with my eldest (25x34!!)--obviously doesn't take after his mum!

We've had good luck with dress slacks at Le Chateau--do you have those there?

Edited because I can't figure out how to quote two people in the same post...sigh...

Edited again: would chinos be acceptable? Here are some: http://www.landsend.com/products/school-uniform-iron-knee-blend-plain-front-chino/id_223037_2350?sku_0=::KHA

Edited by Emerald Stoker

Haven't been here a lot in the past year, but this board has helped us so much through the years!  Adding Ds's acceptances from today and yesterday:

Arcadia University w/ Merit scholarship

Rutgers University 

• Like 18

Haven't been here a lot in the past year, but this board has helped us so much through the years! Adding Ds's acceptances from today and yesterday:

Rutgers University

Congrats!! My daughter applied to Arcadia as well. We applied pretty late so we haven't heard yet. She's looking at the 3/2 forensics program.

Congrats!! My daughter applied to Arcadia as well. We applied pretty late so we haven't heard yet. She's looking at the 3/2 forensics program.

It just came today.  We were almost up to the deadline.  Life circumstances meant we ended up applying even after the deadline to Rutgers!  I was amazed he got in.

Arcadia's campus is beautiful and Ds loves their approach.

Edited by shanvan
  • Like 1

Updating scholarship info. I'm not sure if I should try to copy and paste the whole list or not; it seems like I mess up the formatting when I do that!

My daughter was super excited to get scholarship info from Messiah today. It's a Christian college where she could run cross country, which she loves. It's hard to make the small religious schools affordable, so this is wonderful. She will have tough choices ahead, which is a good thing.

Baylor University - dd of Gr8lander (half-tuition scholarship, eligible for NMF full tuition scholarship)

Calvin College - dd of Gr8lander (NMF scholarship)

Georgia Tech - dd of plansrme, dd of gr8lander (semi-finalist Presidential full scholarship), ds of margoargo

Messiah College - dd of Gr8lander (Trustees full tuition scholarship/honors)

Montana State University - dd of Gr8lander (Achievement Award)

University of Alaska Fairbanks- dd of Gr8lander (UA Scholar)

University of Kentucky - ds of mjbucks1 - honors program, dd of Gr8lander (honors, eligible for NMF full scholarship)

University of Vermont - dd of Gr8lander (honors, President's scholarship)

• Like 18

Baylor University - dd of Gr8lander (half-tuition scholarship, eligible for NMF full tuition scholarship)

Calvin College - dd of Gr8lander (NMF scholarship)

Georgia Tech - dd of plansrme, dd of gr8lander (semi-finalist Presidential full scholarship), ds of margoargo

Messiah College - dd of Gr8lander (Trustees full tuition scholarship/honors)

Montana State University - dd of Gr8lander (Achievement Award)

University of Alaska Fairbanks- dd of Gr8lander (UA Scholar)

University of Kentucky - ds of mjbucks1 - honors program, dd of Gr8lander (honors, eligible for NMF full scholarship)

University of Vermont - dd of Gr8lander (honors, President's scholarship)

What a diverse collection of schools. How did DD come up with her list?
  • Like 1

What a diverse collection of schools. How did DD come up with her list?

It is diverse indeed (and actually larger than what I have posted here.)

We had a few things to consider. First, we live in a geographically isolated state, and college visits prior to senior year were not practical for the most part (she did visit two, neither of which she applied to, lol.) She came into the application season with a general idea of what she wanted to do (engineering and Chinese), but not a good sense of the sort of school she wanted to attend (large, small, religious, secular?) Colleges with good merit and/or generous need-based aid were essential, as she has an older sister in college (and that sister got my husband's GI Bill benefits.) She was likely going to be a National Merit Finalist, and had strong grades and test scores. Oh, and she is a multi-sport athlete, cross country running and skiing, plus figure skating, but not of the caliber that she would be recruited. So she wanted schools where she might have a possibility of at least training with the team as a walk on. She loves the outdoors and is a competitive mountain runner. So, the possibility of mountains was a consideration too.

Eventually a list came together. It is large because admission was uncertain at many (a few lottery type schools were on the list because they were known for generous need-based aid. We normally don't qualify for more than a loan). At others, admission might be likely, but the scholarship that would make attendance realistic was quite competitive. Some seemed interesting, but really needed a visit if she got admitted.

In the end, she's ended up admitted to all so far. She's going to have more choices than we anticipated, and the elimination process will be difficult. We've gotten visits in to 6 schools. And she still doesn't have a strong sense of the sort of school she prefers, though she really, really wants to be able to do sports, more than ever.

Edited by Gr8lander
  • Like 8

Haven't been here a lot in the past year, but this board has helped us so much through the years!  Adding Ds's acceptances from today and yesterday:

Rutgers University 

Rutgers University - adding Merit Scholarship & Honors College, just notified today!

Rider University- admitted today!

Edited by shanvan
  • Like 20

Ds got word yesterday that he has been awarded both merit and music scholarships for Duquesne University (and a small campus housing award).  He is so thrilled!

That was one long road trip to his audition a few weeks ago (part of the way in blizzard-like conditions).  The 26 hour round trip seems more worth it now!

Nancy in NH

Edited by Nancy in NH
  • Like 18

One more acceptance for ds.

McDaniel

Still waiting to hear from a few more.

So far, decent merit awards to everywhere he has applied.

With every acceptance I mentally say "Ha!" to my mother in law.

Me too! 

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be funny if both our kids choose Rider?

That would be funny, but lets make sure our MILs don't ever meet. Lol

Ds likes it a lot, but we are still waiting for financial comparisons.  He needs to visit his top choices again.  Are you going to accepted student's day?  I am trying to see what works for our schedule.

One more acceptance for ds.

McDaniel

Still waiting to hear from a few more.

So far, decent merit awards to everywhere he has applied.

With every acceptance I mentally say "Ha!" to my mother in law.

Kewb, is that McDaniel College or University? I'm not familiar and do not want to list it incorrectly.

Mcdaniel college. Thanks for checking.

Shanvan, we are also waiting on financial package comparisons. Rider is one of his top picks.

He is going to the accepted student day on March 5th.

Perhaps our mil's can get together and discuss how we are loony for homeschooling and that we messed up our children for life even though they have been accepted to numerous colleges/universities.

Edited by kewb
  • Like 5

Another acceptance for DS: University of Maryland College Park, School of Engineering & Honors College

Whenever the list is updated, here is the info for DS that I do not see on the last list

(newest acceptance) University of Maryland College Park, School of Engineering & Honors College

(missing from list) University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC), merit scholarship

(correction) Case Western Reserve University, merit scholarship

(missing from list) Penn State University

(missing from list) Kettering University - merit scholarship

• Like 15

I have all of it accept scholarships updates and the newest acceptance. I think it is all correct now. LOL, under Case Western I had your ds listed as a dd of ValRn, oops!!!

Everyone please always check only the list on the first page since I cannot edit any copy and paste posts of the list that other posters have created.

• Like 1

Mcdaniel college. Thanks for checking.

Shanvan, we are also waiting on financial package comparisons. Rider is one of his top picks.

He is going to the accepted student day on March 5th.

Perhaps our mil's can get together and discuss how we are loony for homeschooling and that we messed up our children for life even though they have been accepted to numerous colleges/universities.

Can my mother join your MILs?

• Like 1

My ds found out today that he's been accepted to the University of Southern California (USC)! And he is a finalist for the Trustee scholarship!

Shocked but very grateful! 

Congratulations! USC was a dream school for my DS21 (music major). When he found out that he needed to take 3 SAT IIs, he decided not to apply for undergraduate, but he's going to apply to one of the graduate programs in music.

• Like 1

I have all of it accept scholarships updates and the newest acceptance. I think it is all correct now. LOL, under Case Western I had your ds listed as a dd of ValRn, oops!!!

Everyone please always check only the list on the first page since I cannot edit any copy and paste posts of the list that other posters have created.

Thanks for this info, Faith. I didn't know to check only the list on the 1st page.

Caught up again I think! Check out that first post which is the original list that I am trying to maintain. It is really excitng! So much fun, so much variety! Woot, woot to parents and students!

You're awesome, Faith!  Thanks for keeping up the list.  It is exciting!  I counted over 160 acceptances--amazing!

Nancy in NH

• Like 4