Menu

for those who vent about in-laws here

fairfarmhand

Nope. No worries.

The one I care about, I have never said a bad word to describe her.

To the others....I have only been honest. 

If one of my MILs saw this (I have 2 MIL), they would know who I was talking about. Both know exactly how I feel about them and the other. One I would be friends with, without our relationship.  The other, I don't want to even have dinner with at a wedding. 

Nope... why on earth would they be reading a homeschooling forum, and then the chat board part of it, and then happen to stumble across the extremely rare post in which I might have said something about the in-laws? I could see *some* potential reason for reading up on homeschooling (because the grandkids are going to be homeschooled), but so far I haven't heard them say a word about reading anything about homeschooling, and the chat board part would be the least useful part of the site if they wanted to read about homeschooling (rather than about cupcakes). And then, there are so many other sites about homeschooling.

And, of course, my MIL already knows she's not our favorite person.

• Like 2

They don't know my online username, so googling my name and finding the thread is unlikely

As for this forum, if MIL wanted to read a homeschooling forum she would have done so a long long time ago instead of educationally neglecting her kids. 

• Like 1

My in-laws couldn't even turn on a computer if one were in front of them.

If they happened to find the on/off button, using the mouse and connecting to the internet would be difficult.

If someone got them to that point, finding a homeschool forum on the internet...

It's all way beyond anything I worry about.

I actually like most things about my in-laws.  Their extensive racism/prejudice just bugs me incredibly and it's usually what I post about in a venting sort of way - or MIL's Alzheimers/dementia.  

It has crossed my mind for one of the SILs, but I don't care. if she were ever to confront me, saying, "Quill is *YOU* and you are clearly talking about *ME." I would confirm her suspicions and say, "So what?" i have said unflattering things about the way my parents raised me, but I consider it terribly unlikely that they would be savvy enough to find this site, register, search around and find specific posts.