Menu

Take a look at my pretty cupcakes I decorated for dd's birthday party!

sheryl

Go to POST number 5 which shows 2 pics of homemade cupcakes.  DD wanted strawberry cake so I used 6 cups of FRESH strawberries in a wonderful cake recipe I found!  And, to top it off I searched and stumbled upon a tutorial for a new frosting recipe using a rosette design!  I watched this over and over again and am SO PLEASED with how they turned out.

• Like 23

I want to see your cupcakes!

I have managed to attach pictures a couple of times, but I seem to have to figure it out all over again every time. I'm on my phone right now and can't even see the icons. Hoping someone else pipes in with instructions!

Post number 5 shows 2 pics of homemade cupcakes.  DD wanted strawberry cake so I used 6 cups of FRESH strawberries in a wonderful cake recipe I found!  And, to top it off I searched and stumbled upon a tutorial for a new frosting recipe using a rosette design!  I watched this over and over again and am SO PLEASED with how they turned out.

Your cupcakes are gorgeous!  

And I'm sure they taste as good as they look, with all those strawberries in them — can you post the recipe?

I've "never" made anything this pretty before!  It was great fun and frosting them took less time than making the cake batter.

Someone asked for the recipe and I'll get that for you this week.  It's the cake recipe you want, right?

This summer my dd and I are going to take this cake recipe and make it chocolate and add fresh cherries!   I need to watch my sugar intake but I'm going to do this for my dd and dh.   Yea, right....she said.    LOL!  I will take a bite but I do need to watch the sugar and this cake/icing recipe has a lot of it. 

My dd decided on a vintage "scheme" with flowers and pinks, greens, yellows for decorating.  Actually, a dusty rose and vintage yellow.   I found cupcake liners by Wilton that are a flower shape  It's cool - the bottom half is green (stem) and the top half is a deep scalloped look making it look like an open flower.  Then I made the cupcakes.  For the icing I made the vintage colors (dusty rose and muted yellow).  Not only the colors but the design of the frosting was made in to a rose (open).  I placed 3 "pearls" candy and edible heart-shaped glitter on each cupcake.   SWEET indeed!

Thanks y'all!

Correction:  I forgot I doubled the recipe.  So, for a single recipe it calls for 3 cups strawberries.  I doubled so I used 6 cups.