Menu

Ignore this thread!

Well, I finished translating 42 Latin sentences in the passive tense. I'm feeling rather passive today anyhow. Got Mississippi pot roast in the crock pot. Picked up fresh strawberries from the strawberry stand.

I'm on a diet and it does not include Mississippi roast. I'm drooling right now.  :drool:

• Like 3

Hi Mary! :hurray: I was wondering about you and all that flooding up Missouri way.

It is ALL around us. My town has areas of flooding, but nothing like Neosho and Seneca and Cassville (Roaring River State Park). Neosho isn't too far from us. It's amazing what a few miles in another direction can do for your safety sometimes. 

We are fine, though. Thank you for the concern. :001_smile:  Our street flooded, but we're up on a little hill, so our house remained unscathed, thank goodness.  

Edited by Southern Ivy
  • Like 6

by the way, I have missed you all a lot. Sorry I've been a loser. haha

I've been too exhausted lately to do anything other than work and sleep, though. I am doing insurance billing full time right now and recently started teaching English to kids in China (I signed on with VIPKID). I think I've been working 55+ hours and getting up at 3:30am to teach. I've been a walking zombie until recently. I think I'm finally adjusting and getting enough rest. 

• Like 9

by the way, I have missed you all a lot. Sorry I've been a loser. haha

I've been too exhausted lately to do anything other than work and sleep, though. I am doing insurance billing full time right now and recently started teaching English to kids in China (I signed on with VIPKID). I think I've been working 55+ hours and getting up at 3:30am to teach. I've been a walking zombie until recently. I think I'm finally adjusting and getting enough rest.

We're just glad you popped in. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate.

Get up on that pole and prove me wrong.

You do know that pole dancing is the folk dance of the American steel worker, don't you?  Everyone in China knows!  They are expanding their cultural horizons and learning this nearly-lost bit of American culture.

• Like 1

This picture is so big that I had to scroll down to the bottom.  On the way down, all I could think was, "Wow.  Jean is a seriously BA homeschool mom if even the bunny has to wear the dunce cap."

:w00t:    :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:

When I read the bio on my gym trainer, she did mention that she has training in pole work.  Seriously, that's a thing. I was  :confused1:  :huh:  :lol:  :coolgleamA:

I might be able to wear sparkly shoes, but I turn pink even typing the word "pole".

And yes, it is possible to take lessons, right here in America, in pole dancing.  It's one of the many fitness crazes because it's quite the workout.

I have three things left to cook and a kitchen to clean. But my son is reading me a date scene with his feline protagonist and another little girl cat. It's hilarious.

Maybe you could help launch his career by including this story in the back of your book as an extra treat for the readers!

• Like 1

I thought he was a cute bun-bun in a cap. Happy birthday, Rusty bunny.

Actually, the post right above it spoke of Alex eating chalk, and when I saw that pinkish-red cone tip I initially thought it was a fat chalk stick.  So I wondered why someone was putting chalk on a bunny's head.  Then I read the message and got it.

Finally.

• Like 1

Dd12 and dd10 are practicing their music together. :001_wub:

A minute ago, dd12 was playing "My Favorite Things" on her flute. Sitting right next to her was dd10 playing "Jingle Bells" on her violin. :blink:

Now they are playing "Star Wars" and "Winnie the Pooh". :001_huh:

Mash up! (Is that what the young'uns call it?)

• Like 1

I'm home. Busy day but good. Some things were discovered that have settled my spirits.

🎉🎉🎉 Happy Birthday, Rusty! 🎉🎉🎉

:) :hurray: :wub: Mary! :wub: :hurray: :)

Jean for President!

Goodnight, all!

• Like 4

Mash up! (Is that what the young'uns call it?)

I had no idea it had a name.

The girls like to practice together, but dd10 is a beginner violinist and dd12 has been playing flute for 4 years.  Their skill levels are very different; yet, they like to play together.  So they each pick a song and play.

It drives dd14 mad.

• Like 8

Good Wednesday Morning.  I'm a page behind (must conserve likes or I'll run out!   :svengo: )

I met with other Moms last night that we're joining with for humanities in the fall for my 13yo dd.  It's going to be great!  Challenging, but great!  And then of course we all had to stay and visit for a while afterwards.  (Might need a nap later today.   -_- )

• Like 6

I had no idea it had a name.

The girls like to practice together, but dd10 is a beginner violinist and dd12 has been playing flute for 4 years. Their skill levels are very different; yet, they like to play together. So they each pick a song and play.

It drives dd14 mad.

Have your girls heard this? I think they might love it.

Classical Mashup

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7OYkWSW7u4k

• Like 5