Menu

Ignore this thread!

Yes, you get points for Disneyland.  Give yourself about 1,000 because I am arbitrary like that.

You are so awesome. But then you have "texas" in your name, and we Texans are just awesome like that.

Also sometimes arbitrary.

Which can be good or bad.

In your case, it's good.

:hat:

• Like 1

You are so awesome. But then you have "texas" in your name, and we Texans are just awesome like that.

In your case, it's good.

Loyalist.  But I like you anyway.  66,000 points for starting page 6.  And another 1000 for liking Spalding.

I'm going back to the thread that doesn't exist, where nothing subversive at all is going on….

:gnorsi:

Loyalist.  But I like you anyway.  66,000 points for starting page 6.  And another 1000 for liking Spalding.

I'm going back to the thread that doesn't exist, where nothing subversive at all is going on….

:gnorsi:

You're quicker and more generous than I am.... 6,000 points for you!

• Like 1

OneStep gets 1,000,000,000 because she is in Texas and cuz she's my favorite.  :D

(Don't look now, but I think we may have attracted spam, the highest compliment.)

Ok, you know what. This isn't fair. I'm crowning myself winner and Queen. So there. Also, California's better than Texas.

You can tell her that he will be five years old at the end of May, and that he is going to Disneyland to celebrate. :-)

Do I get points for Disneyland?

Awe man. We want to go to Disneyland! She'll still call him her baby.

In your case, it's good.

I am an extra dose of arbitrary and random.  It is part of my charm.  Give yourself an extra 45 points for saying "Texans".

• Like 1

Ok, you know what. This isn't fair. I'm crowning myself winner and Queen. So there. Also, California's better than Texas.

Awe man. We want to go to Disneyland! She'll still call him her baby.

You are not a decent person.  In fact, you are the worst person I know.  I'm having a hard enough day, and you try to make it worse.  Minus a million points for saying that CA is better than TX.

• Like 1

Surely I can get some points for being THE VERY FIRST ONE to award points. I'm the one who started this points thing and the only thing I've been offered is the opportunity to mop a floor for points.  I mean, what????

I award you Slache's points because she is a travesty of a human being and has no Texas love in her.

• Like 1

You are not a decent person.  In fact, you are the worst person I know.  I'm having a hard enough day, and you try to make it worse.  Minus a million points for saying that CA is better than TX.

No. It's too late. I already won.

I hope that was 100% sarcastic. Hugs if you'e having a hard day.

No. It's too late. I already won.

I hope that was 100% sarcastic. Hugs if you'e having a hard day.

No!  You did not win!

Yes, I am having a terrible day!  I lost a contact, horribly sprained my ankle (again!), dh erased my browser and all of my favorites, and I had an awkward convo with my brother about my dad's future care and living situation.  

The upside for all of you people is that anyone who feels really and sincerely sorry for me gets as many extra points as they want.

P.S.  Today is my 16th wedding anniversary. 

• Like 2

No!  You did not win!

Yes, I am having a terrible day!  I lost a contact, horribly sprained my ankle (again!), dh erased my browser and all of my favorites, and I had an awkward convo with my brother about my dad's future care and living situation.  

The upside for all of you people is that anyone who feels really and sincerely sorry for me gets as many extra points as they want.

P.S.  Today is my 16th wedding anniversary. 

Happy anniversary! We're half way there. And I still won. My member title proves it.

• Like 2

If you offer sympathy, I will remove your points.  This is not the Girl Scouts, little lady.  Pull yourself up by your bootstraps!

I believe that the appropriate exhortation here would be "Suck it up, Buttercup."  I mean, really, bootstraps are for firemen. Sweaty firemen. Wearing kilts.

It's 12:57 p.m. here. Is it close enough to call the end of the school day?

• Like 4

I believe that the appropriate exhortation here would be "Suck it up, Buttercup."  I mean, really, bootstraps are for firemen. Sweaty firemen. Wearing kilts.

It's 12:57 p.m. here. Is it close enough to call the end of the school day?

Stick a fork in me - I'm done!

• Like 1

Hi Chelli. ;)

Hello! Thanks for the link to the Texas thread.......

I'm getting a late start to the points, but I'm going to do my best to catch up. I do have a few negatives to start with though.

1) I'm actually born and raised in Arkansas so not a true Texan. I just moved here 8 1/2 years ago.

2) I still prefer pork over beef for BBQ, but I do like the slow-cooked Texas method.

3) I do not like the part of Texas I live in (Houston) when it comes to weather and landscape, but there are parts of Texas that I do really like (Hill Country, San Antonio, Fort Worth).

4) I do not, nor will I ever cheer for UT in football. I would never be able to show my face in Arkansas again.

Now I plead my case for points.

1) Buc-ees and HEB are my two favorite Texas stores. I think every state should have them.

2) The pecans down here are crazy good and really big. Best pecan pies EVER!

3) When I lived in Colorado, everyone thought I had a Texas accent so even though I'm not from here apparently I talk like I am.

4) I received 85% on the How Texas Are You quiz. I failed when it came to gas station food. I just can't do it. I'm too much of a foodie.

5) The awesomeness of Texas highways with wide shoulders and high speed limits makes it like the American Autobahn.

6) While I might now like the weather or landscape of Houston, the shrimp is out of this world! So good and fresh off the boat!

7) The homeschool laws in Texas are the best in the nation. No argument to say otherwise shall even be addressed because it's too ludicrous to even consider.

8) I really want to meet Texasmama in person. I think we could get in a lot of trouble have a lot of fun together.  :sneaky2:

9) My very nicely numbered lists should count for beauty and ease of presentation.

• Like 2

I'm getting a late start to the points, but I'm going to do my best to catch up. I do have a few negatives to start with though.

1) I'm actually born and raised in Arkansas so not a true Texan. I just moved here 8 1/2 years ago.

2) I still prefer pork over beef for BBQ, but I do like the slow-cooked Texas method.

3) I do not like the part of Texas I live in (Houston) when it comes to weather and landscape, but there are parts of Texas that I do really like (Hill Country, San Antonio, Fort Worth).

4) I do not, nor will I ever cheer for UT in football. I would never be able to show my face in Arkansas again.

1) Buc-ees and HEB are my two favorite Texas stores. I think every state should have them.

3) When I lived in Colorado, everyone thought I had a Texas accent so even though I'm not from here apparently I talk like I am.

4) I received 85% on the How Texas Are You quiz. I failed when it came to gas station food. I just can't do it. I'm too much of a foodie.

5) The awesomeness of Texas highways with wide shoulders and high speed limits makes it like the American Autobahn.

6) While I might now like the weather or landscape of Houston, the shrimp is out of this world! So good and fresh off the boat!

7) The homeschool laws in Texas are the best in the nation. No argument to say otherwise shall even be addressed because it's too ludicrous to even consider.

8) I really want to meet Texasmama in person. I think we could get in a lot of trouble have a lot of fun together.  :sneaky2:

9) My very nicely numbered lists should count for beauty and ease of presentation.

Points subtracted for typos.  :coolgleamA:

You are like the umpteenth person I saw making there way through the thread by liking my posts. I thought it would be fun to leave a note.

• Like 2

10,000 points for flattery.  Double it for the well-organized post.  We would have some fun together, Chelli.  :)

• Like 1

Did someone say Girl Scout cookies?

Cupcakes over at the other thread that really isn't?  

Pie?

:drool5:

We disavow all knowledge of pie.  Who's bringing the whipped cream?

• Like 1

In general, I might or might not agree with you, but today I saw bluebonnets. Texas wins.

Until the bluebonnets are gone, and then Disneyland trumps.

• Like 2

Oh my goodness! I almost spit tea all over the computer. (Former Girl Scout here.) 

You almost spilled WHAT?  I hope you realize that some words don't mean the same thing in these forums....  Perhaps you meant a tisane of stewed leaves....

• Like 2

Hi, Chelli!  I'm in SE TX, too!

• Like 1

What the heck?  I'm number two!  And AMJ is number three.  

We shall conquer the world.  (And no coup is necessary.  I'm reasonable - really!  I'm just very cranky today. :crying: )

Hugs, cookies and wine to you. But no points.

Holy heck! I didn't know you could find that out. How am I not on this list???  What does a girl have to do? Well duh, post more.

Have no life absolutely whatsoever. Seriously though, I have a busted heel and I'm trying not to walk. Lots and lots of sarcastic posts have littered the board today. And I keep running out of likes.

• Like 3

Hugs, cookies and wine to you. But no points.

Have no life absolutely whatsoever. Seriously though, I have a busted heel and I'm trying not to walk. Lots and lots of sarcastic posts have littered the board today. And I keep running out of likes.

I have a similar problem with my badly sprained ankle.  Walking on crutches hurts one's underarms, yo.  I am pushing fifty and have NEVER used crutches.  Weird.  I had to borrow them from my dad.

True, sad and amusing story:  In order to make it to co op this morning to teach my class, I had to drive my boys to the Goodwill store, give them money, and ask them to buy me some crutches.  Well, they bought the only pair there, which were too short (I'm 5'10"), had one rubber stopper missing from the bottom and had NO handholds.  Then, when I got to co op, I had to call my friend to come park my car so I could walk right in the door.  After co op, I drove to my dad's house to borrow his crutches, which have HANDHOLDS.  Nice. :coolgleamA:

Taking a bath a bit ago was interesting, too, given I was trying not to hurt myself, suspend my sprained ankle out of the water and not wet the road rash on the other leg I got when I hit the pavement.  It's bad to be me today.

My plan is to sit here and waste time on the internet because I can't do much else.

Did someone say Girl Scout cookies?

Cupcakes over at the other thread that really isn't?

Pie?

:drool5:

Oh, bother. Now I'm hungry.

Texas is like California's crazy, overly friendly, foul-mouthed gun-nut little brother who got a big head when he shot up and got taller than his elder brother.

• Like 1

I have a similar problem with my badly sprained ankle.  Walking on crutches hurts one's underarms, yo.  I am pushing fifty and have NEVER used crutches.  Weird.  I had to borrow them from my dad.

True, sad and amusing story:  In order to make it to co op this morning to teach my class, I had to drive my boys to the Goodwill store, give them money, and ask them to buy me some crutches.  Well, they bought the only pair there, which were too short (I'm 5'10"), had one rubber stopper missing from the bottom and had NO handholds.  Then, when I got to co op, I had to call my friend to come park my car so I could walk right in the door.  After co op, I drove to my dad's house to borrow his crutches, which have HANDHOLDS.  Nice. :coolgleamA:

Taking a bath a bit ago was interesting, too, given I was trying not to hurt myself, suspend my sprained ankle out of the water and not wet the road rash on the other leg I got when I hit the pavement.  It's bad to be me today.

My plan is to sit here and waste time on the internet because I can't do much else.

I'm 5'10".

• Like 1

I have a similar problem with my badly sprained ankle. Walking on crutches hurts one's underarms, yo. I am pushing fifty and have NEVER used crutches. Weird. I had to borrow them from my dad.

True, sad and amusing story: In order to make it to co op this morning to teach my class, I had to drive my boys to the Goodwill store, give them money, and ask them to buy me some crutches. Well, they bought the only pair there, which were too short (I'm 5'10"), had one rubber stopper missing from the bottom and had NO handholds. Then, when I got to co op, I had to call my friend to come park my car so I could walk right in the door. After co op, I drove to my dad's house to borrow his crutches, which have HANDHOLDS. Nice. :coolgleamA:

Taking a bath a bit ago was interesting, too, given I was trying not to hurt myself, suspend my sprained ankle out of the water and not wet the road rash on the other leg I got when I hit the pavement. It's bad to be me today.

It's likely they're not sized properly if they're hurting your underarms.

A native of Arkansas says you are free to pull for Rice, Baylor or A&M. According to the Anti-Longhorn Society of Arkansas, those cheering for UT are not allowed back over the border.. :laugh:

• Like 2