Menu

Ignore this thread!

I'm reading T. S. Eliot by a fireplace at my editor's country home in South Carolina, and am way too happy right now to pay any attention whatsoever to the message boards.  :001_tt2:

SWB

I would like to know, who REALLY got her to post. Maybe just because it was so long, she had to make sure this was on the up and up. Then saw it was really pointless and decided to sneak out. But, then couldn't, because ignoring it would would be so uncouth.Yeah. That's it.

• Like 2

I can't believe I read the whole thing.  :huh:

Oh, and I finally was the first on a page. And, I quoted myself.

This reminds me of the very old days of wanting to be first on brand new pages once threads were archived. Waaay back, long, long ago. Sigh.

• Like 1

You have been tried and found guilty.  Your sentence:  create the spin-off thread. 

What, no police badge icon, either?

Okay 5000 points to whomever gets them to add icons for police badges and face-palms!

I like this one, but he's not carrying a badge, so could be a fake: policeman-smiley-emoticon.gif

So, I found this guy, but he's way too friendly for this thread, we need someone tougher, I think: Ur-under-arrest--police-badge-cop-smiley

Then, I finally found this guy. I think he'll do: flashing-police-badge-smiley-emoticon.gi

And, for good measure, another face palm: (let me know if you need more. I love face palms.)3059129-quadruple+facepalm.jpg

• Like 5

Oh, and I finally was the first on a page. And, I quoted myself.

This reminds me of the very old days of wanting to be first on brand new pages once threads were archived. Waaay back, long, long ago. Sigh.

If I keep this up, I'll make a whole page with just me.

Look! I quoted myself again.

(Just trying to catch up with everyone else. I really should be doing homework, or sleeping.)

• Like 2

And that someone was me.  

AMJ can't beat me up.  Slache-Like-Rache is my new weightlifting-tv-ditching bodyguard.  And she knows Greek so I especially trust her.

In pictures:

04-3292.jpg

Protected by:

200_s.gif

meTYt1QYkd-12.png

I'm sorry the pictures aren't more flattering.

There. I apologized.

• Like 4

It's conceivable, you miserable, vomitous mass***, that I'm only lying here (in bed) because I lack the strength to stand.

***Begging forgiveness for calling you names. It's thanks to this thread that I just finished re-watching TPB. :)

The pedantic spouting of time-worn quotes boreth me, but to lift a quote from its original context and re-imagine it in a new? That is sublime.  

You are forgiven.  50,000 points for you.  

• Like 3

In pictures:

04-3292.jpg

Protected by:

200_s.gif

meTYt1QYkd-12.png

I'm sorry the pictures aren't more flattering.

There. I apologized.

Am I getting any points for this?

Okay, you get points.  A bazillion, for reading the whole thread.  Minus half-a-bazillion for showing up late (really?  there is no excuse for that ever).  Plus 57,853 for illustrating everything everyone ever said plus our usernames (it would've been higher, but my ducks are always quacking and they are never in a row, so it just doesn't ring true, kwim?) And I'm recommending you to the Grand Poobah as Master Librarian of Emoticons.  Low pay, but highly prestigious.  

• Like 3

I am so far behind in points but I'll try to catch up, first by quoting myself and mentioning Texas. Then I reluctantly have to admit I am only 21% Texas. I think the only thing that scored me points was being friendly (I'm Canadian. It's practically a law.) I wasn't sure what type of pie and it wouldn't let me select all of them. I was fraught with indecision because pie is so delicious. And cake.

I'll also apologize, not just to get points, but because that's also something Canadians do. So I'm sorry. Really, truly sorry y'all.

Did I use y'all correctly? Did I even spell it right? I'm trying to add some extra Texas in there. Sorry again.

Finally, I would like to redeem myself by joining the Pro Oxford Comma Club. It's about time there is a club for proper punctuation!

You are now An Honorary Texan.  I will mail out your award, tshirt, certificate, ribbon, and trophy posthaste.  (Please note the use of the Oxford comma.)

• Like 2

What? Your online persona of a Greek-speaking, weight-lifting, CRT-TV tossing slasher is not the same way your family and friends in real life think of you?

Inconceivable!!!

Actually if you add rambunctious, clumsy, and dyslexic you've got it about covered.

• Like 3

Am I getting any points for this?

Oh, Renai!  You may have come late to the party, but you are destined for greatness, darlin'!  Forget the points; you qualify for Co-Regency of the Universe.

(Sorry; I tried to quote all of your magnificence, but it exceeded the maximum allowed. But, truly, brava, my friend.  :hurray: )

• Like 3

Oh my golly day!!!!  OP just liked one of my comments waaaaaaaaay back at the beginning of the thread.  Methinks she's got a lot of reading still to do...

mommy2beautifulgirls--- if you make it this far, you get infinity points minus 1, plus a fancy title just for starting all this nonsense. :hurray:

(Unless of course you are so appalled at the monster you've created that you choose instead to slink away quietly and change your username.  Which would be completely understandable.) 

• Like 2

I'm reading T. S. Eliot by a fireplace at my editor's country home in South Carolina, and am way too happy right now to pay any attention whatsoever to the message boards.  :001_tt2:

SWB

Why don't we get to like YOUR posts?  I see a like button for everyone else's, but not yours.