Menu

Ignore this thread!

I want to know how to miss childbirth.  It is too late for me to enjoy this skill, but maybe it could help someone else!

I was just minding my own business, thinking up some kind of snarky remark to post, and BAM!

There was kid 6.  Didn't even realize it til Renai told me.

True story: I nearly missed kid 5, too.  I guess I am just. that. good.   It's a gift.  

• Like 3

I was just minding my own business, thinking up some kind of snarky remark to post, and BAM!

There was kid 6.  Didn't even realize it til Renai told me.

True story: I nearly missed kid 5, too.  I guess I am just. that. good.   It's a gift.  

I really feel that #6 is coming, that's why I picked that pic.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

This is not how I got the name but it works.

Rachel>Rache>Slache. I've also been called Chachel (think Rachel) Sludge ( :glare:), Sledge (I used to work construction and I am *strong*), and Slater. My husband calls me Machel.  :001_wub:

Eta: And DeSlacheable! That's what started the whole thing.

Neat!  DH and I were discussing how to put together a sludge lab sometime for our kids.  When we do it we will dedicate our efforts to you!

STOP IT.  I do not have faulty logic.  Someone said she wanted SWB to post.  I said if she does, it's because SWB and I are tight.  Then she did - you know, because she and I are tight.  So just stop.it.now before the whole thing gets out of hand and I put you on The List of People for AMJ to Beat Up.

:toetap05:

DH said if I am going to be a ninja elephant I have to put a trunk on the icon, but I don't know how.  Who do we contact for requesting new icons?

• Like 1

Love it!  So happy to have that clarified.  If it'd been something in French, I'd have butchered it every time.  Slache I can do.    

(edited for typo.  up too late last night)

I was afraid it was going to be Irish.  I can never figure out how to pronounce things from Irish spellings -- my Irish ancestors did not pass that knowledge down.

Phew, finally reached the end of the thread (for the next few seconds).  I was busy all day, and had PAGES of reading to do to catch up again!  Must sleep now -- eyes glazing over....

• Like 1

I want to know how to miss childbirth.  It is too late for me to enjoy this skill, but maybe it could help someone else!

It's called being a dude.

Wait!!! Don't go away mad.

Don't worry sweetie, I wasn't angry with you... but I'm always mad.  :willy_nilly:

No no no!  I neeeeeeeeeed you here.  These people are crazy.  

Like I'm any better.

Neat!  DH and I were discussing how to put together a sludge lab sometime for our kids.  When we do it we will dedicate our efforts to you!

What *is* that!? I kept hearing about that in high school, which is why people started calling me that. I only took physical science, biology, chemistry, and marine biology.

I have family connections to a Greek (cousin married one).  Does that count?

No.

We need more pie in the other thread!

Is that even still a thing?

• Like 2

We have officially survived the Mosque thread, the Is There A Christian Forum thread and the Mass Exodus thread. WE ROCK!!

:party:  :party:  :party:

:patriot:

Well, not to be contrary, but what's to celebrate? That means we can come back out of hiding and stop playing here in the corner.  Where's the fun in that?

(Oh, wait. I AM being contrary. Call me "Conan the Contrarian." [i miss the days of Word Girl.])

What *is* that!? I kept hearing about that in high school, which is why people started calling me that. I only took physical science, biology, chemistry, and marine biology.

Is that even still a thing?

For the first part quoted:  You took all that in high school?  I only got to take half of that!  DH says a sludge lab is where the students receive a big, gooey, messy mixture of stuff and they have to sort it all out as to what is what.  It can have styrofoam, dirts, oils, water, other liquids -- anything safe to mix together.  The students not only have to figure out what all is in it, they also have to figure out how to figure out what is in it.  Sounds like a lot of fun (kinda like I imagine forensic science might have to handle), so I want to try one.

As for the second part quoted:  I was going to dock you even more points, but this is in effect a partial disavowal of the other thread, so you gain back as many points as you were going to be lose here.  However, the points docked elsewhere are still docked!  :001_tt2:

For the first part quoted:  You took all that in high school?  I only got to take half of that!  DH says a sludge lab is where the students receive a big, gooey, messy mixture of stuff and they have to sort it all out as to what is what.  It can have styrofoam, dirts, oils, water, other liquids -- anything safe to mix together.  The students not only have to figure out what all is in it, they also have to figure out how to figure out what is in it.  Sounds like a lot of fun (kinda like I imagine forensic science might have to handle), so I want to try one.

As for the second part quoted:  I was going to dock you even more points, but this is in effect a partial disavowal of the other thread, so you gain back as many points as you were going to be lose here.  However, the points docked elsewhere are still docked!  :001_tt2:

We had a block schedule. I also took 5 "years" of Spanish and graduated a semester early so that I could work full time which is how I could afford to volunteer for a year in Louisianan. I believe that every high school should have a block scheduled because I was a completely average student but I got to do some cool things simply because of the schedule.

The ducks are flying south after a crazy day of packing…  WOO-HOOOOOOOO SPRING BREAK!

It is just lovely to have a reason to paint my toenails.   :coolgleamA:

All those with bum feet…. get well soon!   Infinity-points-minus-one to all y'all.  Thanks for keeping me laughing during an otherwise ugly week!  :thumbup1:

• Like 2

We had a block schedule. I also took 5 "years" of Spanish and graduated a semester early so that I could work full time which is how I could afford to volunteer for a year in Louisianan. I believe that every high school should have a block scheduled because I was a completely average student but I got to do some cool things simply because of the schedule.

I will have to look into this block schedule thing.  My school didn't have it.

:nopity:

Which is no excuse.

You lose a gazillion points.

I don't even care about points anymore. I'm enlightened.

If this is still going when I get back from Florida, I'll buy you all kittens.  Especially you, Slache.  LOTS of 'em. 

Go ahead. I like Chinese.

I will have to look into this block schedule thing.  My school didn't have it.

It was cool.

• Like 1