Menu

Ignore this thread!

My humble apologies for not being present the past few days to keep this thread going. 

In my defense, I was doing my job as a homeschooling mother.  Prepping for High school.  After 1 whole stupid week, I am finally done a Geography course.  Every time I was interrupted I wanted to play this video.

I awoke this morning after 2 weeks of melting snow and warm temps to discover snow on the ground.

My dd summed up my thoughts exactly as she looked outside, saw the snow and promptly pulled her comforter over her head and announced she was hibernating until summer!

• Like 3

When I'm pregnant my diet I consists of about 90% dairy products because that's all I could keep down. I gained nearly 40 pounds with my first pregnancy with milkshakes, yogurt, and eggnog as they were the most nutritious things I could think of. W

This was me during my second pregnancy. Baby came out 8lb 10oz. Considering my csec baby was 6lb 10oz, and I'm only 4'11", I think vbacing this baby was quite a feat. Thankfully, I didn't have any u/s at the end of pregnancy or I might have said to heck with that!

I need to make a confession, and it is a doozy.

On Facebook, one of my friends posted something about Jesus with a representation of what he would look like (you know, because there are no photos), and I thought the image was very attractive.

<hangs head>

(This thread might be very useful for posting confessions.  While we are at it, I also ate too much cake this week.)

Ok, I can add to this...

My daughter's dance company puts on a Nativity ballet every Christmas. The first year we attended, an adult Jesus made an appearance during one of the dances. My friend leaned over and said, "Wow, Jesus is HOT!"  Oh my goodness. I laughed so hard that I got some really dirty looks.  I'd post a photo (because I do have some) but it seems dirty somehow. Jesus should NOT be objectified!

And I confess, I frequently uses LOL.  LOL.

• Like 3

This was me during my second pregnancy. Baby came out 8lb 10oz. Considering my csec baby was 6lb 10oz, and I'm only 4'11", I think vbacing this baby was quite a feat. Thankfully, I didn't have any u/s at the end of pregnancy or I might have said to heck with that!

VBACing any baby is a feat. My VBAC baby was 9lbs 6 oz. Not my brightest idea ever. 

I'll go check out your throwback thread, mostly because I'm going through emoticon withdrawal. Hope it's loaded with them.

I am impressed because that is supershort!

Signed,

Mrs. Supertall

• Like 2

Ok, I can add to this...

My daughter's dance company puts on a Nativity ballet every Christmas. The first year we attended, an adult Jesus made an appearance during one of the dances. My friend leaned over and said, "Wow, Jesus is HOT!" Oh my goodness. I laughed so hard that I got some really dirty looks. I'd post a photo (because I do have some) but it seems dirty somehow. Jesus should NOT be objectified!

And I confess, I frequently uses LOL. LOL.

Lol
  • Like 3

VBACing any baby is a feat. My VBAC baby was 9lbs 6 oz. Not my brightest idea ever. 

I'll go check out your throwback thread, mostly because I'm going through emoticon withdrawal. Hope it's loaded with them.

I'm sorry about the lack of emoticons. I'll try to get back on the ball tomorrow. If I can stop checking this forum...

• Like 2

I don't know about v's because I never got one sadly, but I have been told that having a baby hurts no matter how you do it.... And I was going tho go natural on my vbac. Crazy, right?

So my daughter's violin teacher quit the music store where she takes lessons tonight. He's willing to pursue private lessons with her because he thinks she's awesome, but my price just went up. $75 a month to $55 a lesson. Then there is the added question about how ethical it is to take your students with you when you leave the music store. I can afford the increased price and we love love love... Love the teacher. Please discuss and return a decision. This is a nonserious thread with a serious question, so a simple answer of go or no go will suffice.

I don't know about v's because I never got one sadly, but I have been told that having a baby hurts no matter how you do it.... And I was going tho go natural on my vbac. Crazy, right?

So my daughter's violin teacher quit the music store where she takes lessons tonight. He's willing to pursue private lessons with her because he thinks she's awesome, but my price just went up. $75 a month to $55 a lesson. Then there is the added question about how ethical it is to take your students with you when you leave the music store. I can afford the increased price and we love love love... Love the teacher. Please discuss and return a decision. This is a nonserious thread with a serious question, so a simple answer of go or no go will suffice.

I had two natural childbirths. I now feel I can climb Mt. Everest because pain. I rocked it, baby.

Vioin: Not ethical to the store and also unfair to raise the price so dramatically. I am displeased by this and am voting violin teacher off the island.

• Like 4

No go. (unless you can't find someone better at the store - but try the store first. serenade.gif

I posted an emoticon in that thread, just for you.

I wear purple toenail polish, and bruises are purple so I get a pass.

Confession: Sometimes I say Imma. (Ducks head)

I'm so frequently purple. You'd think it was a requirement.

Wow, you're short. Do you regret your VBAC at all? I'd like a natural birth, but my doctors are always so impressed by my feminine area and I've always feared a vaginal birth.

Tell the store how much you liked the teacher and see if they can recommend one like him.

• Like 1

No go. (unless you can't find someone better at the store - but try the store first. serenade.gif

Actually, the current violin teacher is friends with the new violin teacher at the store. Her current teacher offered to attend a session with the new teacher and Annabelle to get everyone up to speed. Here is the other issue...the pay for the violin teacher, I believe, is unfairly low at the studio. Also, the studio gets paid even if the student doesn't show up for the class. The violin teacher, on the other hand, does not. He makes $9 a lesson only if the student shows up and sits without pay if the student doesn't appear. I think that is...Bologna.

• Like 1

Wow, you're short. Do you regret your VBAC at all? I'd like a natural birth, but my doctors are always so impressed by my feminine area and I've always feared a vaginal birth.

I don't understand any of this one little bit and I'll need to phone a friend or something if you don't elaborate. (Popcorn smiley cuz this might be good.)

• Like 2

Wow, I wish my vag was fancy like that. I've never gotten any compliment...from doctors.

I just changed the wording of my less than tactful post. I think it's because I lift weights. I've had doctors switch to a smaller sized duck bill thing. Did mention I'm a proud snob? ;)

• Like 1

Did you have c sections?

Yes. We almost lost John and I didn't want to put Mary through any risk. John never got past my cervix because he was so big. I was in labor for 3 days and pushed for 4 1/2 hours. Mary was a planned C-Section. After she was so small I considered a VBAC if it's small, but I have this irrational fear that it'll ruin teA for us.

My husband is eavesdropping on this thread (peeking over my shoulder) He knows all about everyone's girly bits (as we call them at my house) now.

He's a little confused about the purpose of this forum.

I'm a little confused about the purpose of this forum, as well.
  • Like 4

In your case, I would just have more sections. And I'm not a big fan. But your body seems not to want to give birth.

I ought to have "amazing birther" on my résumé. The last baby was born in under 3 hours.

Thanks for the honest answer.

• Like 1

Yabbut I'll bet no one else here had a couple of seconds of TV fame tonight on the ABC show "American Crime." Just me. Yup. In the court room scene towards the end of the show. The woman in the rose-colored sweater...moi.

I'm only charging $50 for autographs...

• Like 7

I do wonder how much of it was his size though. I went into labor with Miss Mooies and I didn't want to go to the hospital because I wouldn't have called it "painful". My husband insisted that we go because my contractions (that didn't hurt) were every 2 minutes. I was 6 1/2 CM! I still wonder if she would have been born at home if not for him.