Menu

Ignore this thread!

See, I couldn't tell how 5c666d6a93a090ad75da641815c183e0.jpgyou were, so I took it as  ;) .

And for the record, I don't get the kilt-lust either.

For me it's the knees.  DH has the cutest knees....

• Like 1

Oh, but then etiquette kicks in, and I'm pretty sure that it is improper to drink applesauce with a straw.

You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd, either.

Actually, roller skating in a buffalo herd is possible, but not advisable, just like going to 105% on the reactor.

Points for a movie quote from a Sean Connery movie that isn't 007!

• Like 3

My husband is eavesdropping on this thread (peeking over my shoulder) He knows all about everyone's girly bits (as we call them at my house) now.

He's a little confused about the purpose of this forum.

My DH learned his lesson on that.  Now if I giggle too much he might ask, but he's quickly learning not to.  :w00t:

They both said that it ruined teA and my MIL has urinary incontinence. My husband's head is HUGE, as is my son's.

I have stress incontinence after my pregnancies, and I had 2 c-sections.  It was likely the 10 days of on-again-off-again labor with the first, however, that caused it.  When I worked a paycheck job I kept a FULL change of clothing in my office, even after I was done breastfeeding & pumping, because just one good sneeze and....

Yabbut I'll bet no one else here had a couple of seconds of TV fame tonight on the ABC show "American Crime." Just me. Yup. In the court room scene towards the end of the show. The woman in the rose-colored sweater...moi.

I'm only charging $50 for autographs...

:ohmy:

What did you DO?!?

PM me your prison address and I'll send you a nail file inside a chocolate bar.

• Like 3

I've missed so much.

Hi! I just assume that everyone on the hive thinks I'm a complete idiot. I've never studied formal grammar, I'm dyslexic, and my spelling in general is atrocious. I have a fantabulous vocabulary, but I also use words like fantabulous so, um, yeah.

I'm glad you have a clear answer.

My husband loves liver. I saute it with onions, garlic, and green bell pepper, toss it on a sandwich with tomatoes, lettuce, and bacon if we have it and toast it. His coworkers were afraid to come to our house because I make "weird" food. When they finally came over it was right after John was born and I told them I made casserole out of my placenta.

Thanks a lot, now I have to clean my computer screen!  No, I wasn't eating at the keyboard.  I was about to bl -- wait, won't post that.  It's gross.

• Like 2

I think men doing hula are as hot as men in kilts.

Well, DU-UH, yeah.

I get to drool over memories of DH here again.  On our honeymoon we had Super Ambassador tickets to the Polynesian Cultural Center, and DH got conscripted into drumming at the Tonga village because I kept pointing at him when they chose "volunteers".  He was so cute in a grass skirt, banging on drums....  It was a memorable part of the honeymoon!

• Like 4

I have something off color to share.  But it is just biology so what the heck ever.

Last night, little dd got her hamster out of the cage to play with and remarked on the HUGE lumps on his "bottom".  Back story:  We have never had a male hamster*.  I was convinced that the poor thing had testicular cancer or a case of terrible tumors or something so I googled, yes, wait for it..."hamster testicles".

So it turns out that this is NORMAL in the spring.  Who knew? I am so relieved.  I shared this information with my sons and dh, and they were all reaching for the brain bleach because, well, you just cannot unhear some things.

It is quite impressive.

*We have managed somehow to have 4 female hamsters and a female mouse.

:ohmy:

:smilielol5: :smilielol5: :smilielol5:

• Like 1

I LOVE the tiny hamsters and tiny burritos and tiny cakes and such so much.

SERIOUS WARNING (the warning of something serious to come...):  Two friends passed away this past week.  It was a heavy, heavy week.  One of them was always posting these tiny hamster videos so I will always think of her when I see them.  

:grouphug:

• Like 1

Me, either.  I used to be, but now I am old, tired and menopausal.  I'd just as soon challenge someone to a duel.  

Okay, given the context this has me worried.  Just what kind of a "duel" are you proposing?  :leaving:

• Like 1

I find that to be humorous I HAVE to do kegels. No kegels, no humor.

This is my theory now about the sourpuss old biddies who never crack a smile, never mind giggle or laugh. They've not been doing kegels and they can't be even remotely amused for fear of leakage...

No, I have pads.  I'm gonna laugh my donkey off in this thread, so I have taken protective measures!

• Like 4

Okay, I'm all caught up now.  Unfortunately, the tendonitis I just beat back into submission is returning, thanks to this thread again.  If I'm not on much in the coming week or so it's due to that, and visiting family.  Hopefully this thread will survive until I can return!

Hey, where is everyone?  It better not be a -- no, surely not.  They wouldn't go THAT far, would they?

Well, DU-UH, yeah.

I get to drool over memories of DH here again.  On our honeymoon we had Super Ambassador tickets to the Polynesian Cultural Center, and DH got conscripted into drumming at the Tonga village because I kept pointing at him when they chose "volunteers".  He was so cute in a grass skirt, banging on drums....  It was a memorable part of the honeymoon!

I've been to the Polynesian Cultural Center.

Points for using the word "conscription".

• Like 3

Okay, I'm all caught up now.  Unfortunately, the tendonitis I just beat back into submission is returning, thanks to this thread again.  If I'm not on much in the coming week or so it's due to that, and visiting family.  Hopefully this thread will survive until I can return!

Hey, where is everyone?  It better not be a -- no, surely not.  They wouldn't go THAT far, would they?

Forget your family!  We're your new family!

I was at church.  (insert angel emoticon)

• Like 2

I have stress incontinence after my pregnancies, and I had 2 c-sections.  It was likely the 10 days of on-again-off-again labor with the first, however, that caused it.  When I worked a paycheck job I kept a FULL change of clothing in my office, even after I was done breastfeeding & pumping, because just one good sneeze and....

I'm sorry. I'm turning 30 this year and I don't want to get any older. Too many bad stories in that arena too.

Ellie and I could have birthed you, Slache.  My 30's were good years for my health, energy, and appearance.   It was not until after turning 40 that things began falling apart.

This year, as a joke, my college girl had a sample of Depends mailed to me.  So funny. :nopity: Buncha smart alecks I have reared.  I have only myself to blame.  <sigh>

Please note that except on VERY rare occasions like once or twice a year with a very full bladder and an enthusiastic sneeze, I experience no urinary incontinence.  #thankyouverymuch

Having turned 41 recently, I take issue with saying things fall apart after 40. I'm quite well thank you very much! My last was born when I was 37. Since my grandmother had my youngest uncle when she was 47, I consider myself still in my prime.

I also keep everything in quite well, usually. Except last night as I was reading this thread. My oldest called it a shnart. It's when you sneeze and fart at the same time. I told her because of this thread, I also had embarrassed myself and needed to change. If I had warning, I would not have had to change. I was way too comfortable. I now only read this thread on my guard (not Depends or anything else).

• Like 2

Having turned 41 recently, I take issue with saying things fall apart after 40. I'm quite well thank you very much! My last was born when I was 37. Since my grandmother had my youngest uncle when she was 47, I consider myself still in my prime.

I also keep everything in quite well, usually. Except last night as I was reading this thread. My oldest called it a shnart. It's when you sneeze and fart at the same time. I told her because of this thread, I also had embarrassed myself and needed to change. If I had warning, I would not have had to change. I was way too comfortable. I now only read this thread on my guard (not Depends or anything else).

I think it was just me, honey.  But it was a weird deal what happened.  I think there were extenuating life circumstances in my case, though.

I had my last baby shortly before turning 39.  Old mamas unite!  :D

As for the last paragraph, thanks for sharing. :scared: Happens to the best of us, or so I hear. :rofl:

• Like 1

If I'm not on much in the coming week or so it's due to that, and visiting family.  Hopefully this thread will survive until I can return!

Personally, I plan to keep posting in this thread until I have at least 1000 posts to my name. This is now post #967. 

At this rate, though, I might get to 1000 before you come back.

• Like 2