Menu

Ignore this thread!

No one has posted in almost two hours. People are not taking this thread seriously.

I must beg to differ, Your Highness.

I will have to look into this block schedule thing.  My school didn't have it.

"Yes, you're very smart. Now shut up."*

I'm intrigued (again, I know I've looked at it before on here) too. However, I suspect we may be veering too close to education and seriousness by mentioning this on this thread.

Seriously.

This needs to stop.

Seriously.

*Note: This is a Princess Bride quote and is meant to be humorous.

• Like 3

Ok. I'm at 900 posts now. Time for me to  start working again. I actually work from home, which can be good and bad. Seeing how I'm on here instead of working, this would count as bad.

Hope to see y'all later tonight. I promise to resurrect this thread if it does, indeed, die.

• Like 3

I'm posting just to up my post count. I've been a member here so long, it's a shame I only have almost 900 post. It should be closer to 20,000. I'm a slacker. You may deduct points for that if necessary.

1000 points for understanding the importance of post padding. :thumbup1:

• Like 5

I'm posting just to up my post count. I've been a member here so long, it's a shame I only have almost 900 post. It should be closer to 20,000. I'm a slacker. You may deduct points for that if necessary.

Probably 1/3 of my posts are simply:

:grouphug:

Way easier and quicker than tracking and attaching the coolest emoticons.

Now who's the lazy one? That'd be me - I am the Queen of Lazy. (While still trying to be nice.)

Me too! and I barely have 300. I've been mostly lurking since the old old boards.

I remember a thread (probably very similar to this one - I didn't read it) titled "How in the world does anyone get 10,000 posts" or something like that. It was deleted because it got too big.

I hear ya, girl. Same with me:-)

• Like 1

Me too! and I barely have 300. I've been mostly lurking since the old old boards.

I remember a thread (probably very similar to this one - I didn't read it) titled "How in the world does anyone get 10,000 posts" or something like that. It was deleted because it got too big.

See, I remember the old old boards too. In fact, I have saved a post from Paula (Paula's Archives, is she still around?) that was from the old old boards. Then, the boards changed to the new old board, which I think I caught. But, then I was off for awhile, and had to catch up again to the new new (current) board. I think that's how it went.

How long did that post get?

• Like 1

Probably 1/3 of my posts are simply:

:grouphug:

Way easier and quicker than tracking and attaching the coolest emoticons.

Now who's the lazy one? That'd be me - I am the Queen of Lazy. (While still trying to be nice.)

But, I love emoticons.

kiss_facebook_emoticon.png

• Like 2

See, I remember the old old boards too. In fact, I have saved a post from Paula (Paula's Archives, is she still around?) that was from the old old boards. Then, the boards changed to the new old board, which I think I caught. But, then I was off for awhile, and had to catch up again to the new new (current) board. I think that's how it went.

I think I'll do a Throwback Thursday and repost that post. It was cool. It was called "All my 4yo boy wants to do is play in the dirt all day."

Or something like that.

mudplay.gif

• Like 2

Oh yeah, now I remember why I don't post a lot - I feel compelled to come back and check for replies, likes, etc. every 5 minutes. And when I've replied to more than one thread on the same day? I'm no good to anybody.

Wait, you mean, your life doesn't revolve around this board?? 

unsure_emoticon.jpg

• Like 3

I want you all to know that I intend to share my fortunate and unexpected windfall with every one of you who have shared the ignoring of the thread experience.

You're welcome.

Thanks. My poor little man has outgrown his bed and I don't have money for another. Plus our couch has snapped in half and is being held up by a brick. We're classy like that.

Oh yeah, now I remember why I don't post a lot - I feel compelled to come back and check for replies, likes, etc. every 5 minutes. And when I've replied to more than one thread on the same day? I'm no good to anybody.

Hmm, I wish I could figure out how to add emoticons from the iPad.

I've been on too much recently, but my typical routine is to get up in the morning, check my texts, email, and the hive, respond to what's applicable, and be done until the next day. I need to get back to that.

• Like 3

I've been on too much recently, but my typical routine is to get up in the morning, check my texts, email, and the hive, respond to what's applicable, and be done until the next day. I need to get back to that.

Yeah, I used to check message boards every few weeks or so. That's why I didn't catch this thread until a few days in. See?

Yeah, I used to check message boards every few weeks or so. That's why I didn't catch this thread until a few days in. See?

I find that skimming the boards once a morning allows me to read all of the educational posts without getting wrapped up in anything. I have learned SO MUCH about curricula, and methods, and organization. I have pinterest boards for curriculum I hear about here, and a word document that I copy and paste particularly brilliant posts into.

• Like 2

Oh, WOW, texasmama!  Do you have close but previously unknown relatives in Nigeria, too??? We have SO much in common!

No, this was not Nigeria so I KNOW it was legitimate.  I do know some Nigerian people, though, and also have had some poor friends stranded in foreign countries where they suddenly lost their ability to spell and speak correct English.  I think they might have been the victims of muggings involving head injuries.

• Like 2

I find that skimming the boards once a morning allows me to read all of the educational posts without getting wrapped up in anything. I have learned SO MUCH about curricula, and methods, and organization. I have pinterest boards for curriculum I hear about here, and a word document that I copy and paste particularly brilliant posts into.

I especially like my word document with all the recipes I've lifted copied saved from this board.

• Like 2