Menu

Ignore this thread!

Yabbut I'll bet no one else here had a couple of seconds of TV fame tonight on the ABC show "American Crime." Just me. Yup. In the court room scene towards the end of the show. The woman in the rose-colored sweater...moi.

I'm only charging $50 for autographs...

I would like a video clip!

And I'm glad you showed up because the rest of them were getting really inappropriate.

• Like 5

I would like a video clip!

And I'm glad you showed up because the rest of them were getting really inappropriate.

I know. It's a tough show, definitely not family friendly. Not sure it will have a second season (I think this was only episode four) or not, but most of it was filmed in San Marcos, south of me. All courtroom scenes (including the outside of the "courthouse," which you could see tonight) was the San Marcos government building. Church scenes (I was in two of those) are at the First Methodist Church in San Marcos. The set for a short scene which was cut from the pilot was at the Austin airport.

• Like 2

Wow, you're short. Do you regret your VBAC at all? I'd like a natural birth, but my doctors are always so impressed by my feminine area and I've always feared a vaginal birth.

No regrets. But if I needed another csection, I would have gladly taken it. 

• Like 1

My husband is eavesdropping on this thread (peeking over my shoulder) He knows all about everyone's girly bits (as we call them at my house) now.

He's a little confused about the purpose of this forum.

To cause me to do a scary loud snort and make my DH laugh uproariously. Duh.

• Like 5

I don't know about v's because I never got one sadly, but I have been told that having a baby hurts no matter how you do it.... And I was going tho go natural on my vbac. Crazy, right?

So my daughter's violin teacher quit the music store where she takes lessons tonight. He's willing to pursue private lessons with her because he thinks she's awesome, but my price just went up. $75 a month to $55 a lesson. Then there is the added question about how ethical it is to take your students with you when you leave the music store. I can afford the increased price and we love love love... Love the teacher. Please discuss and return a decision. This is a nonserious thread with a serious question, so a simple answer of go or no go will suffice.

You do not play fair. A serious question in a non-serious thread? You might get voted off the island.

Next week 

Or when the thread dies and I revive it in a year

Yeah, not very ethical to music store. 

But you had me at love,love,love....

I'd finish out a few sessions at the music store if they had a replacement for him, then jump ship to be with the man I love. 

• Like 1

Looooonnnng time lurker here. I just had to say that I was a bit apprehensive reading page 14. I was sure that there would be an emoticon posted for the vbac discussion. Phew!

Have a great day ignoring this thread (Ya'll are very gifted with this skill). I will crawl back under my rock now.

Edited to correct spelling. Sigh, this is why I rarely come out of hiding. I hate making spelling and grammar mistakes for all the world to see. I can maintain my illusion of perfection much better under my rock.

• Like 8

Had to post again about how proud I am of all the wonderful posters who keep this enormously informative thread alive every day, working their fingers to the bone to keep it alive for all the poor homeschooling moms out there that need this thread.  May the Force be With You!

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

• Like 4

So, (wasn't there a thread recently about how someone hated when people started with 'so'?)...

So, I'm thinking it's not every day that one falls in absolute love with their violin teacher. Also, the new Tuesday violin teacher teaches on--wait for it--Tuesday, which doesn't work for me. Darn the ethics involved, I'm staying with my man.

Teresa

• Like 1

The way you say it, I think not. Ooooooh. This could be good.

Replace the K with a b.

Boom!

We are awesome and so middle schoolish here.

Worry not, I'm ignorant no longer. I may never recover.

But, wait, there is a whole story behind it. The convo cannot end like this. Texasmama should have gone ahead and thrown you in, instead of just sticking in your big toe. How mean!

So, (wasn't there a thread recently about how someone hated when people started with 'so'?)...

So, I'm thinking it's not every day that one falls in absolute love with their violin teacher. Also, the new Tuesday violin teacher teaches on--wait for it--Tuesday, which doesn't work for me. Darn the ethics involved, I'm staying with my man.

Teresa

Well, since the day doesn't work for you, there are no ethics involved.

Wait, did that come out right??

Did anyone have a problem starting a sentence with 'well'?

• Like 2

Looooonnnng time lurker here. I just had to say that I was a bit apprehensive reading page 14. I was sure that there would be an emoticon posted for the vbac discussion. Phew!

Oh, no no no. I will say, that in my "dirt" thread I was looking for a nice dirt emoticon. But, the wrong kind of dirt kept popping up.  :huh:

• Like 2

What, no one is going to fill me in on the backstory?

I only vaguely remember someone asking something about books, but mistyped the k and put b. It was a  :huh: moment here on WTM. She came back and corrected it to booKs, and it quickly devolved from there, as this thread. All kinds of posts about booKshelves and sizes, and...yeah, it was fun times back then.

• Like 3

I've seen so much my little pony, it's probably why that popped out.

Yes, the series is on Netflix, and I have a 4yo. Nuff said.

Maybe not enough said. We've seen the entire series at least 15 times - no exaggeration. I believe the remake of MLP is a lot more palatable than what I grew up with. 

• Like 1

I only vaguely remember someone asking something about books, but mistyped the k and put b. It was a  :huh: moment here on WTM. She came back and corrected it to booKs, and it quickly devolved from there, as this thread. All kinds of posts about booKshelves and sizes, and...yeah, it was fun times back then.

"back then"????? What are we? Chopped liver??? :toetap05:

• Like 3

Yes, the series is on Netflix, and I have a 4yo. Nuff said.

Maybe not enough said. We've seen the entire series at least 15 times - no exaggeration. I believe the remake of MLP is a lot more palatable than what I grew up with. 

You poor woman. Referring to MLP as "palatable." The things we do for our children.

• Like 1

"back then"????? What are we? Chopped liver??? :toetap05:

Ya know, I actually thought about that wording as I was typing it. I decided to keep it as fodder to keep the thread going. Look! It worked!

Besides that, of course I love all of you. If I say any more, the thread will get too serious, and of course we don't want that.