Menu

Ignore this thread!

True confessions:

We have lice. No idea where they came from. None. This is not fun. 

However we whipped out the microscope to take advantage of the situation. I love homeschooling.

This is the worst thing I have ever heard.  It is one of my greatest fears.  (lice, not microscopes or homeschooling or true confessions)

• Like 2

True story:  I have sprained my ankle twice in the past three months while walking/running in the neighborhood with the dog and a kid.  Same ankle, same stretch of uneven pavement.  I obtained a sturdy brace and resumed exercising today with the dog and two kids.  No harm befell me.

(FYI:  If you plan to be a serial ankle sprainer, it is advisable to take a kid or two with you so you can hand off the large, uncivilized dog while you are rolling on the ground crying and yelling "Oh God! Not again!" after the ankle sprain.)

• Like 4

FYI:  If you plan to be a serial ankle sprainer, it is advisable to take a kid or two with you so you can hand off the large, uncivilized dog while you are rolling on the ground crying and yelling "Oh God! Not again!" after the ankle sprain.

::makes note to self::

• Like 2

Forget your family!  We're your new family!

I was at church.  (insert angel emoticon)

Not in this case.  A beloved great-grandmother is involved.  All of my grandparents are dead, so I make the most of DH's whenever I can see them.

• Like 2

I'm sorry. I'm turning 30 this year and I don't want to get any older. Too many bad stories in that arena too.

Wow, you ARE young!  Marriage and pregnancies happened well after I turned 30.  It's like I didn't really get going in life until after that milestone.

BTW, hopefully you are not feeling "middle age", because that would mean you expect to die around age 60.  I plan on living for a LOOOOOOONG time yet!

• Like 1

Having turned 41 recently, I take issue with saying things fall apart after 40. I'm quite well thank you very much! My last was born when I was 37. Since my grandmother had my youngest uncle when she was 47, I consider myself still in my prime.

I also keep everything in quite well, usually. Except last night as I was reading this thread. My oldest called it a shnart. It's when you sneeze and fart at the same time. I told her because of this thread, I also had embarrassed myself and needed to change. If I had warning, I would not have had to change. I was way too comfortable. I now only read this thread on my guard (not Depends or anything else).

oh, shnart!  What a wonderful word!  Guess what DH and DD13 are hearing about when they get home from shopping!

:lol:

I think it was just me, honey.  But it was a weird deal what happened.  I think there were extenuating life circumstances in my case, though.

I had my last baby shortly before turning 39.  Old mamas unite!   :D

As for the last paragraph, thanks for sharing. :scared: Happens to the best of us, or so I hear. :rofl:

I married at age 36 (after DH and I knew each other for 10 years -- so impetuous!).  DD13 was born not long before my 37th birthday, and DD10 was born a couple of months before my 40th.  Then "peri"menopause started around age 42 and it's been continuing ever since.  I'm hoping my 51st year will see the official end of that nonsense.

But I feel pretty well, all things considering, and I'm getting into more trouble than ever!

• Like 1

Not in this case.  A beloved great-grandmother is involved.  All of my grandparents are dead, so I make the most of DH's whenever I can see them.

(((hugs)))  All is forgiven.  You may go.

I miss my grandparents so much.  They were such wonderful people and added so much to my life.

This is the worst thing I have ever heard.  It is one of my greatest fears.  (lice, not microscopes or homeschooling or true confessions)

Been there, panicked, dealt with it, taught the extended family how to deal with it (which was interesting, because we suspect we got it through them, with them catching it at school).  Then we had round 2 and dealt with that.  Once you get it and go through dealing with it the panic subsides. 

Want to come over and play?  :D

• Like 2

True story:  I have sprained my ankle twice in the past three months while walking/running in the neighborhood with the dog and a kid.  Same ankle, same stretch of uneven pavement.  I obtained a sturdy brace and resumed exercising today with the dog and two kids.  No harm befell me.

(FYI:  If you plan to be a serial ankle sprainer, it is advisable to take a kid or two with you so you can hand off the large, uncivilized dog while you are rolling on the ground crying and yelling "Oh God! Not again!" after the ankle sprain.)

I once broke the same toe, stubbing it on the same chair leg, twice in the same day.  I had to have a second set of x-rays because the toe went from 45 degrees to the side to 90 degrees!

Top that!

Been there, panicked, dealt with it, taught the extended family how to deal with it (which was interesting, because we suspect we got it through them, with them catching it at school).  Then we had round 2 and dealt with that.  Once you get it and go through dealing with it the panic subsides. 

Want to come over and play?  :D

Ummmmm, I'm really busy lately but thanks anyway. :scared:

I once broke the same toe, stubbing it on the same chair leg, twice in the same day.  I had to have a second set of x-rays because the toe went from 45 degrees to the side to 90 degrees!

Top that!

No thank you. You can keep the points.

I was run over by a truck once.  Hopefully it won't be happening again.

Top that!

I bow down to the queen of klutz.  I cannot top that.

Though I will say that I had a night terror a few weeks ago, reinjured my ankle, tore a divet out of my shin, and bruised up my rear and hip so badly that it lasted for two weeks.  Then I sprained my ankle (and hurt my wrist and gave myself horrible road rash on the opposite leg in the process) again about a week later.  I have been wanting to get a pedicure, but I am afraid the nail place would call 911 instead of doing my feet.  I now have to wait until I don't look like I have been beat half to death.

• Like 1

Literally. An old full size Ford Bronco, head on. Fortunately it was in a parking lot, so he wasn't going fast. Left tread marks on my ankle. Nothing some time in the hospital and a few screws couldn't fix. 

You win! :driving:  :huh:  :thumbdown:  :scared:  :eek:  :001_unsure:  :auto:

I hope the driver apologized and brought you flowers in the hospital.

I'm on my phone so I'll read your reresponses later, but I'll clarify. My mom, dad, one aunt, two uncles, all grandparents and 1/2 my cousins are all drug addicts. They have *very* old bodies and most died before turning 60. I don't actually know what it means to be old. The only "old" people I know really well are my in-laws and they treat themselves very poorly. I used to not fear ageing, but my husband's made a huge deal out of it. He brings it up all of the time. Anyway, my point is that I know I'm being a dork, but thanks for the support.

Now, on with silly posts!

"Are you still reading that thread?"  - dh this morning as he hears me burst out laughing.

My husband this morning - "So... how's the ignore thread?"

Forget your family!  We're your new family!

I was at church.  (insert angel emoticon)

:Angel_anim: ? Is this for sensitive issues? I've never used it because I'm afraid it's a reference to miscarriages or something.

Having turned 41 recently, I take issue with saying things fall apart after 40. I'm quite well thank you very much! My last was born when I was 37. Since my grandmother had my youngest uncle when she was 47, I consider myself still in my prime.

I also keep everything in quite well, usually. Except last night as I was reading this thread. My oldest called it a shnart. It's when you sneeze and fart at the same time. I told her because of this thread, I also had embarrassed myself and needed to change. If I had warning, I would not have had to change. I was way too comfortable. I now only read this thread on my guard (not Depends or anything else).

Do some squats after your kegals. I never accidentally fart. I snort all the frigging time though.

True confessions:

We have lice. No idea where they came from. None. This is not fun. 

However we whipped out the microscope to take advantage of the situation. I love homeschooling.

I had lice growing up and we were poor. My mom put aloe in my hair for a week because lice are super picky and prefer clean hair. I'm not saying don't treat it, but keep the dirty hair thing in mind.

Wow, you ARE young!  Marriage and pregnancies happened well after I turned 30.  It's like I didn't really get going in life until after that milestone.

BTW, hopefully you are not feeling "middle age", because that would mean you expect to die around age 60.  I plan on living for a LOOOOOOONG time yet!

I plan to die at 74.

I once ran my dad's station wagon into the side of our church.  I was 15 and trying to back it out.  I don't know what he was thinking.  It was the beginning of a series of unfortunate events with me and cars.

I've never learned to drive. Sometimes when people are nasty about the fact that I don't drive (you'd be surprised how often this happens!) we tell them that we don't believe that women should drive. They don't really know how to respond at that point.

Well, good grief!  That would taint anyone's view of aging.  No, that is (of course) not how it is supposed to work.  Drugs age people in a way that is astounding.

ETA:  (((hugs)))

You have no idea. I have a really unpleasant story (stop reading if you're eating) involving my grandmothers legs getting stuck to the fake leather in her car and a bunch of her skin peeling off. She wrapped herself in toilet paper and drove to the doctor just bleeding everywhere. All of those situations scarred me when I was really young and I associate them with old age. I know it's wrong, but knowing something in your head and believing it in your heart are two different things.

My husband woke me up with churizo con huevos y queso fresca in corn tortillas, and now we're having salmon burgers for lunch with spinach, carrot, apple, pineapple juice. Not too bad if you ask me.

If you like mexican and don't know what churizo is you should check it out. It's an inexpensice seasoned meat with beans and peppers in it.

• Like 2

My husband this morning - "So... how's the ignore thread?"

My husband is always asking me who I'm "talking to".  I'm like "It's Jean on the WTM!" or something.  He tries not to be jealous.  

:Angel_anim: ? Is this for sensitive issues? I've never used it because I'm afraid it's a reference to miscarriages or something.

I don't know if it is for miscarriages.  Maybe someone else knows.

Do some squats after your kegals. I never accidentally fart. I snort all the frigging time though.

You don't fart because you had c-sections.  If you gave birth the other way and got hemorrhoids, you would accidentally fart.  It is what it is.  Keeping it real here!

I had lice growing up and we were poor. My mom put aloe in my hair for a week because lice are super picky and prefer clean hair. I'm not saying don't treat it, but keep the dirty hair thing in mind.

I hope to never have lice.  College girl got bed bugs in her college townhome this year, which was close enough.

I plan to die at 74.

This is still young.  Set a better goal for yourself, like 84.  That is a respectable goal.

I've never learned to drive. Sometimes when people are nasty about the fact that I don't drive (you'd be surprised how often this happens!) we tell them that we don't believe that women should drive. They don't really know how to respond at that point.

Well, in CA and NY you don't really need to drive, right?

You have no idea. I have a really unpleasant story (stop reading if you're eating) involving my grandmothers legs getting stuck to the fake leather in her car and a bunch of her skin peeling off. She wrapped herself in toilet paper and drove to the doctor just bleeding everywhere. All of those situations scarred me when I was really young and I associate them with old age. I know it's wrong, but knowing something in your head and believing it in your heart are two different things.

That is a really, really bad story.  I would be scarred, too.

My husband woke me up with churizo con huevos y queso fresca in corn tortillas, and now we're having salmon burgers for lunch with spinach, carrot, apple, pineapple juice. Not too bad if you ask me.

If you like mexican and don't know what churizo is you should check it out. It's an inexpensice seasoned meat with beans and peppers in it.

*chorizo alone doesn't have the beans in it.

Only ask exactly what is in it if it won't  ruin your appetite for eating more. We eat it alot.

I don't think farting has to do with how one gave birth. I started farting during my first pregnancy that ended in a section. It kept going until my insides were rearranged again with my second pregnancy (11 years later). Speaking of rearranging the insides, after my section I could actually feel my bowels moving. I mean, REALLY feel them. It was weird. I could tell exactly when I was going to need to use the bathroom (within 30 minutes - 1 hour). Strange. After the second pregnancy rearranged my insides, I no longer had that superpower.

I hate squats. Note: regardless of how you give birth, do not do squats within 6 weeks of said birth. Your insides will feel like they are falling out. Don't ask. This may be the reason why I hate squats so much. And Jillian Michaels. Who seems to really love squats.

Ok, carry on with the regularly nonscheduled stream of consciousness.

• Like 1

*chorizo alone doesn't have the beans in it.

Only ask exactly what is in it if it won't  ruin your appetite for eating more. We eat it alot.

Shhhhhhhhhhh....

I hate lunges.  I think they can't be good for knees.

I'll only do lunges as part of cardio, not with weights. I'll also only do squats until my thighs are parallel with the floor.

I don't think farting has to do with how one gave birth. Technically I started farting when I was a baby. Technically. I started farting during my first pregnancy that ended in a section. It kept going until my insides were rearranged again with my second pregnancy (11 years later). Speaking of rearranging the insides, after my section I could actually feel my bowels moving. I mean, REALLY feel them. It was weird. I could tell exactly when I was going to need to use the bathroom (within 30 minutes - 1 hour). Strange. After the second pregnancy rearranged my insides, I no longer had that superpower.

I hate squats. Note: regardless of how you give birth, do not do squats within 6 weeks of said birth. Your insides will feel like they are falling out. Wohoho. What? I'm going to have nightmares. Prolapsed uterusness runs in my family. Don't expound on this. Ever. Please and thank you. Don't ask. This may be the reason why I hate squats so much. And Jillian Michaels. Who seems to really love squats.

Ok, carry on with the regularly nonscheduled stream of consciousness.

• Like 1

Wohoho. What? I'm going to have nightmares. Prolapsed uterusness runs in my family. Don't expound on this. Ever. Please and thank you.

Noooo, it's ok now. No prolapsed uterus here, although it is a subject that is not discussed enough. But, I will not expound upon it here either as it scares the piss out of me. (No pun intended, considering our other conversations.)

Technically I started farting when I was a baby. Technically.

Speaking of farting babies, my oldest would let loose some big ones, and everyone would turn around thinking it was ME. It would have been embarrassing if she hadn't been so darn cute. But, not many people believed it was the baby. That's how loud and obnoxious they were.

Speaking of farting babies, my oldest would let loose some big ones, and everyone would turn around thinking it was ME. It would have been embarrassing if she hadn't been so darn cute. But, not many people believed it was the baby. That's how loud and obnoxious they were.

It's funny that you still feel the need to lie about this today.

• Like 3