Menu

Ignore this thread!

Hummus Yummus.  And, Stacy's pita chips.  And, I looooooove Indian.  And, margaritas.  Wooo-Hoooo Party Time!

And, while we are there I want to buy a cheap house in Waco so that super nice HGTV couple can fix it up.  (I am staying with Cable-Watchers here at Del Boca Vista on Spring Break.  I myself am not a Cable-Watcher.  But, I am finding I like what a few barn door sliders and 50K can do to a place.)

• Like 3

And she'll come, because she and I are tight. That's why she posted earlier in this thread. Personal favor for moi.

No! She is my BFF. I try not to wave it around because I don't want to hurt anyone.

Sorry girls.  She's my best friend, and Albert Moyo is my second best friend, and Slache, you're only my third best friend.  

Hummus Yummus. And, Stacy's pita chips. And, I looooooove Indian. And, margaritas. Wooo-Hoooo Party Time!

And, while we are there I want to buy a cheap house in Waco so that super nice HGTV couple can fix it up. (I am staying with Cable-Watchers here at Del Boca Vista on Spring Break. I myself am not a Cable-Watcher. But, I am finding I like what a few barn door sliders and 50K can do to a place.)

So fun!

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 1

Do you have other allergies? I want to get a head start on summer party planning.

I have OFA.  Oral Food Allergy Syndrome.  So, my immune system mistakes the proteins in lots of fruits/veggies/tree nuts for the pollen in trees (to which I also have an allergic reaction).  Stinks cuz I loooooove fruits/veggies/tree nuts and, the OFA didn't hit until adulthood.

The good news is that cooking breaks down the proteins and, I can then eat those foods without reaction.  Lots of raw goodies are off limits for me, though.  

This is Texas, right? Just BBQ everything. 

Edited to correct a rogue pre-conjunction comma.  (See Siggy)

I have OFA. Oral Food Allergy Syndrome. So, my immune system mistakes the proteins in lots of fruits/veggies/tree nuts for the pollen in trees (to which I also have an allergic reaction). Stinks cuz I loooooove fruits/veggies/tree nuts and, the OFA didn't hit until adulthood.

The good news is that cooking breaks down the proteins and, I can then eat those foods without reaction. Lots of raw goodies are off limits for me, though.

This is Texas, right? Just BBQ everything.

Edited to correct a rogue pre-conjunction comma. (See Siggy)

Yep, Texas. My son has some of this going in. He says foods make his lips itch. Avocados and bananas are two.

Yep, Texas. My son has some of this going in. He says foods make his lips itch. Avocados and bananas are two.

Meeeee toooooo!  And, the banana and avocado thing is new.  That's the worst part of all this.  It all started with apples in college.  Now my list of no-nos is up to about 15 or 20 foods.  

I can't peel white potatoes anymore, either.  Red, yes; white, no.  

And, I can't wash dishes.  (okay, not really)

Meeeee toooooo!  And, the banana and avocado thing is new.  That's the worst part of all this.  It all started with apples in college.  Now my list of no-nos is up to about 15 or 20 foods.  

I CAN'T WASH DISHES!!

I'm chronically nauseated and dirty dishes make me sick. I can do them *right* after I cook, but not an hour later. 

• Like 1

And, I'm supposed to be careful around latex, according the maternity nurse whom I really liked until 3 am when I requested a paci for kid #4 and she dared to tell me in a condescending, singsongy, I'm-18-years-old-and-can't-even-remember-to-feed-my-cat-let-alone-care-for-a-kid kind of voice, "ooookay; but Breastfeeding Is Beeeeee-eeeest."

She is lucky I was too sleep-deprived to bother throttling her.  

• Like 1

The good news is that cooking breaks down the proteins and, I can then eat those foods without reaction.  Lots of raw goodies are off limits for me, though.  

Edited to correct a rogue pre-conjunction comma.  (See Siggy)

Wait...you corrected it so that the comma comes *after* the conjunction? :ohmy:

See, I'm gonna have to deduct points, even though you wrote "BBQ" and "Texas" in the same reply.

• Like 1

Wait...you corrected it so that the comma comes *after* the conjunction? :ohmy:

See, I'm gonna have to deduct points, even though you wrote "BBQ" and "Texas" in the same reply.

It doesn't help that you have invented a new club that promotes post-conjunction commas. That's just wrong. :hat:

• Like 1

It doesn't help that you have invented a new club that promotes post-conjunction commas. That's just wrong. :hat:

No, mostly it's just hard.  I'm a pre-conjunction person at heart, and while I know lots of comma-challenged people, I've never really understood what it must be like for them.  So this is a lesson in sensitivity training for me.

Seriously.  Converting all pre-conjunction commas to post-conjunction commas??  Have you ever tried it??  The pressure. It's killing me.  I'm ETA-ing posts left and right here.  

No, mostly it's just hard.  I'm a pre-conjunction person at heart, and while I know lots of comma-challenged people, I've never really understood what it must be like for them.  So this is a lesson in sensitivity training for me.

Seriously.  Converting all pre-conjunction commas to post-conjunction commas??  Have you ever tried it??  The pressure. It's killing me.  I'm ETA-ing posts left and right here.  

I will have to let you be sensitive for both of us, 'cuz it's just WRONG. :driving:

• Like 3