Menu

Ignore this thread!

Time wasting:  Being first when the page flips, watching Ninjago with my kids, taking selfies....  It's a hard job!

Quoting myself (points!) to say that it hasn't been a total waste of time.  I've learned how to take selfies, how to try to retouch glare on glasses, how to upload, how to resize, how to post pictures, how to change my avatar.  I'm so tech now!  (I'm a lot older than Slache too). Boring story from my youth:  My elementary school got its first computer when I was in the sixth grade.  About 100 sixth graders crowded in the Audio-Visual Room while our school principal read the manual to us.  Then a smart kid from the class made his name go across the screen a billion times using some program that was hooked up with a cassette tape.  After that, it was college before I got to know computers better - and then it was a DOS version of LOTUS, and a few papers typed in who knows what.

• Like 1

b82f4133-dfdf-425c-8f83-97f07323735c.jpg

Wow you're gorgeous!

Could you be more adorable?  Totes adorbs, I say.  (Sorry, Ellie.  I know it is slang.)

Now you need to make that your profile picture.   :)

So what, huh? I'm not cute enough to be a profile picture?

Quoting myself (points!) to say that it hasn't been a total waste of time.  I've learned how to take selfies, how to try to retouch glare on glasses, how to upload, how to resize, how to post pictures, how to change my avatar.  I'm so tech now!  (I'm a lot older than Slache too). Boring story from my youth:  My elementary school got its first computer when I was in the sixth grade.  About 100 sixth graders crowded in the Audio-Visual Room while our school principal read the manual to us.  Then a smart kid from the class made his name go across the screen a billion times using some program that was hooked up with a cassette tape.  After that, it was college before I got to know computers better - and then it was a DOS version of LOTUS, and a few papers typed in who knows what.

How did you upload? When did we discuss my age?

When I started researching homeschool stuffs I kept finding myself here. I decided to join so that I could collect information as it comes in and it has been AWESOME! That's why I'm such a young member. The hive rocks!

• Like 2

So what, huh? I'm not cute enough to be a profile picture? Sigh. YES, you are cute enough to be a profile pic!  This was not about you - it was about HER.  :)

How did you upload? When did we discuss my age?  You told all of us way back that you are turning 30 this year, at which point we mentally began viewing you as wearing onesies and having binkies.

When I started researching homeschool stuffs I kept finding myself here. I decided to join so that I could collect information as it comes in and it has been AWESOME! That's why I'm such a young member. The hive rocks!

I wish I had collected a lot of information before starting.  I had a couple of friends who advised me, and I just went for it.  Didn't get here until I was in my second or third year of homeschooling.

• Like 1

Okay, it was Lots with OAS so I have now threatened killing or maiming her to get her to cease and desist with the post-conjunction commas.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

The Oxford Comma Club just sounds sooooo….. stuffy.  We're the rebellious party school, over here.  You know you want in.  

Play, nice! Just, put, the, darn, commas, wherever, you, want.

I've, always, been, a, cat, person, myself.  

I was going to post some witty remark but, having seen how critical people are, I'm now terrified to do so.

Commas offsetting a clause. Does this count as a post conjunction comma or not? I could see writing it without the first comma but it changes the rhythm.

Absolutely.

• Like 1

I think I've lost over 100 pounds. Come work out with me! I just finished my workout for today, but tomorrow's will be easy.

Wooo-hoooooo!  I am seriously impressed.  Way to go!

I'm not sure whether I'm daunted or inspired by the exercise turn this thread has taken today.  I kept up my 6x/week workout through 3 pregnancies, but things fell apart after that. DH has at least managed to get back into the gym this year.  I miss it, but really don't know how to find the time.  How do you ladies do it all??

ETA:  {I just ate three fun-sized choco bars while reading about all y'alls impressive lives, and plan to hit the kitchen for one more in about 3 minutes.}

• Like 1

You told all of us way back that you are turning 30 this year, at which point we mentally began viewing you as wearing onesies and having binkies.

Not binkies; blankies (was that correct grammar?) I prefer to spend my lounge time in a tank, panties, and a quilt I made for Matt the Christmas after we met.

Wooo-hoooooo!  I am seriously impressed.  Way to go!

I'm not sure whether I'm daunted or inspired by the exercise turn this thread has taken today.  I kept up my 6x/week workout through 3 pregnancies, but things fell apart after that. DH has at least managed to get back into the gym this year.  I miss it, but really don't know how to find the time.  How do you ladies do it all??

ETA:  {I just ate three fun-sized choco bars while reading about all y'alls impressive lives, and plan to hit the kitchen for one more in about 3 minutes.}

It's easy for me because I get up before the kids and do it, or I do it at nap time. They're still so young. We also take them for hikes all of the time.

There is now a spin bike sitting in my living room. My husband purchased it for his workouts but now I feel like I should be exercising instead of sitting on the couch. Is it all a plot to get me to exercise?

Yes. One of my friends is only allowed to watch her favorite show while she's on the elliptical.

I've been a couch potato my whole life. Chelle in MO on this board inspired me so now I walk/run a mile most days with the dog and ds12. I'm not setting records, but I can keep up that level of exercise. It takes 20 minutes. I just head out the door. I'd never make it to a gym. I only started this in December. I'm a newbie.

I love this.  My biggest problem is using weather (think 9 months of blizzards) as an excuse.  Which clearly it is NOT, because so many of these crazy New Englanders go running by my house each day regardless of how much snow has fallen.  

• Like 1

I love this. My biggest problem is using weather (think 9 months of blizzards) as an excuse. Which clearly it is NOT, because so many of these crazy New Englanders go running by my house each day regardless of how much snow has fallen.

Move to Texas. Problem solved. :D
  • Like 4

We can help you stretch that housing dollar. ;)

I have four bathrooms and acreage. 3,000 sq feet. Much less than half a mil. MUCH.

dang.  Dang.  DANG.  

I'm in love already.   

Sweet dreams to me!  And Nighty-night to everyone!  Wake me with some hula again, Ellie.  My dd's loved it!

• Like 3

We can help you stretch that housing dollar. ;)

I have four bathrooms and acreage. 3,000 sq feet. Much less than half a mil. MUCH.

No acreage, because we didn't want it, but yes, four bathrooms, 3000 sq. ft. Way, way less than half a mil.

Come on over!

• Like 3

I'm learning this hula. The choreography is different, because each kumu envisions music differently, but it's this song. This particular video includes the story behind the song (starts after 2:00), told by the son of the writer:

• Like 2

I love this. My biggest problem is using weather (think 9 months of blizzards) as an excuse. Which clearly it is NOT, because so many of these crazy New Englanders go running by my house each day regardless of how much snow has fallen.

Key word here is "crazy." Snow is why God created wood stoves and hot chocolate. One does not argue with God.

• Like 3

Wow you're gorgeous!  Awww, thanks.  I don't think I've ever been called gorgeous!  Right back at ya!

So what, huh? I'm not cute enough to be a profile picture?  Definitely should be your profile picture.  In fact it used to be, right?

How did you upload? When did we discuss my age?  I revived my old photobucket account.  (Tex said her divorce diet was 20 years ago when Slache was still in elementary school, lol). 

I wish I had collected a lot of information before starting.  I had a couple of friends who advised me, and I just went for it.  Didn't get here until I was in my second or third year of homeschooling.

Yes, I don't think I got my first copy of WTM until my oldest was 3rd grade or so?  And I didn't find the board until just a few months before it changed from the old (old, old) format to the new (so, 2007?).

• Like 1

Yes, I don't think I got my first copy of WTM until my oldest was 3rd grade or so?  And I didn't find the board until just a few months before it changed from the old (old, old) format to the new (so, 2007?).

• Like 1

The divorce diet is when you get a divorce and are too distraught to eat and so lose weight.  Don't worry, it comes back when you get happy and/or pregnant three more times and then old and your metabolism is not your friend.

I was thin until adulthood, then I had a medical problem and went on some bad meds and gained 20 pounds and never lost it.  However, I would be happy at that college weight.  I was hot in college.  I won't be hot again, but it would be good not to be chubby.  Evidently not better than eating food, though, because I am still chubby.

I'm on a bad bad med. I was holding at a really good, slender weight for years effortlessly. I started taking this stinky drug and am now 35 lbs heavier over the course of two years. Unfortunately, the medication is a necessity so I really need to focus on diet and exercise (blech).