Menu

Ignore this thread!

I want to have a chocolate lab for a twin.  <heart>  So adorable.

To be perfectly clear on a very important stance:  I am a fan of the Oxford comma, but the post-conjunction comma makes me head hurt.  Cease and desist immediately or I will serve raw almonds at the summer party in or near Waco.  Wait, was that you, Lots?  Or is it Jojo with almond problems?  I'm so confused.

• Like 4

Okay, it was Lots with OAS so I have now threatened killing or maiming her to get her to cease and desist with the post-conjunction commas.

I took a grammar quiz on FB last night and only got 13 out of 15.  I was crushed and humiliated and did not post my abysmal score.

• Like 2

I was going to post some witty remark but, having seen how critical people are, I'm now terrified to do so.

Commas offsetting a clause. Does this count as a post conjunction comma or not? I could see writing it without the first comma but it changes the rhythm.

• Like 2

I want to have a chocolate lab for a twin.  <heart>  So adorable.

To be perfectly clear on a very important stance:  I am a fan of the Oxford comma, but the post-conjunction comma makes me head hurt.  Cease and desist immediately or I will serve raw almonds at the summer party in or near Waco.  Wait, was that you, Lots?  Or is it Jojo with almond problems?  I'm so confused.

JoJosMom LOVES almonds, especially of the smoked variety.  And she is sipping coffee with almond milk (and some SF brown sugar cinnamon syrup) as she types.

• Like 1

All this talk of commas and parties... I've missed so much! Also dog posts. I'd post a picture of my dog, but he always turns his backside to the camera. Actually, that particular response says lots about his personality. As a bonus, I've got a 22 lb. cat. Can anyone beat that?

• Like 1

I'm planning to re-start C25K.  If nothing else it makes me feel better and motivates me to be more careful about snacking/eating (because who wants to do all that work for nothing?).  I was waiting until I adjusted to Daylight Savings Time (changing it early this year about killed me), and then I was waiting until I was over a cold.  I'm just about out of excuses.   

• Like 3

I need to lose about 30. I wish highlights helped. You know what else doesn't help? Chocolate.  But I did jog on the treadmill today. It's a start, right?

That's a great start! 

I think I've lost over 100 pounds. Come work out with me! I just finished my workout for today, but tomorrow's will be easy.

100 pounds - you go girl!  That's awesome!

I'm planning to re-start C25K.  If nothing else it makes me feel better and motivates me to be more careful about snacking/eating (because who wants to do all that work for nothing?).  I was waiting until I adjusted to Daylight Savings Time (changing it early this year about killed me), and then I was waiting until I was over a cold.  I'm just about out of excuses.   

Do it!!! Make a playlist, download the C25K app (free) and the 100 push ups challenge app (also free). Can I help? Do you need something? Make sure to get good shoes. Go to a running store and get fitted. It's so worth it! Buy this. It will be easier and you'll get a better workout. I can send you two weeks worth to try.

If I lose 25 pounds, I will be at my college weight. It doesn't seem like a lot, but I have not seen that weight since I went on the Divorce Diet almost 20 years ago (when Slache was in mid elementary school - LOL!).  I don't recommend it.  I do walk a mile a day, though I skipped it this morning due to hearing thunder when the alarm went off.  I am not walking to be struck by lightening, yo.

What's the divorce diet? I was fat in middle school.

I would like to do this. But, I'm not fond of running. I think I'm going to restart Jillian Michaels, even though I'm not a fan of squats either.

• Like 1

I would like to do this. But, I'm not fond of running. I think I'm going to restart Jillian Michaels, even though I'm not a fan of squats either.

Try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0R9oh7Ct_4

The divorce diet is when you get a divorce and are too distraught to eat and so lose weight.  Don't worry, it comes back when you get happy and/or pregnant three more times and then old and your metabolism is not your friend.

I was thin until adulthood, then I had a medical problem and went on some bad meds and gained 20 pounds and never lost it.  However, I would be happy at that college weight.  I was hot in college.  I won't be hot again, but it would be good not to be chubby.  Evidently not better than eating food, though, because I am still chubby.

When I'm stressed I carb out. Emphasis on the out. I'm determined to be hot. I want to lose 130 (as in 30 more) pounds of fat and tone the crap out. I have fairly sculpted arms and am developing a nice butt. My abs are phenomenal, if only one could see them.

• Like 1

When I'm stressed I carb out. Emphasis on the out. I'm determined to be hot. I want to lose 130 (as in 30 more) pounds of fat and tone the crap out. I have fairly sculpted arms and am developing a nice butt. My abs are phenomenal, if only one could see them.

Me, too, on the carb out - but during the dissolution of my marriage, I completely lost my appetite.  

Your weight loss and fitness goals are very impressive!  If we ever meet, I will look at your abs and admire them.   :D

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 1

Ok, I slipped in, now I'm slipping out. I supposed to be meeting a family new to our homeschool group at a park in about 30 minutes. She has 3 kids and wants to start next year. She might need someone to watch the kids for about 3 hours a day (she works for the schools), and I'm also helping her get her bearings about homeschooling 3. Even though I've never homeschooled 3. But I'm a great encouragement!

• Like 2

I actually have Tae Bo video tapes...around here somewhere. I enjoyed it, as I used to do Tae Kwon Do back in the day. (way back)

What do you like to do? I've done Cathy Smith, Tae Bo, P90X twice, P90X3, Insanity twice, two 5Ks, and climbed Mount St Helens. Now I'm doing MMA and The New Rules of Lifting routine.

is this stuff vegan? Do I want it? Will it make me feel like superwoman when working out?

It has egg and milk. I'm going to look for alternatives. Hang on.

Me, too, on the carb out - but during the dissolution of my marriage, I completely lost my appetite.  It was not stress so much as trauma, and my mind and body processed it as such.  I ate only what a friend put in front of me for a time. I did not experience hunger.  It was a very odd experience.  

I have never been toned a day in my life.  I exercise to stave off the bad cholesterol and to help my heart.  I think those might be related, but I don't know because it is all confusing to me.  I also think exercise helps to prevent diabetes, and my trigycerides and A1C are in a high normal range.  Mostly, the older you get, the fewer liberties you can take with your body and get away with it, in my experience.

Your weight loss and fitness goals are very impressive!  If we ever meet, I will look at your abs and admire them.   :D

I'm sorry about your bad experience. And by "if one could see them" I meant that they were covered in fat. If you punched me in the gut you might break your hand though.

• Like 1

What do you like to do? I've done Cathy Smith, Tae Bo, P90X twice, P90X3, Insanity twice, two 5Ks, and climbed Mount St Helens. Now I'm doing MMA and The New Rules of Lifting routine.

Walk, pilates, JM (even though I complain about squats, lol!), hike, maybe get back into Tae Bo. I've heard of P90 and Insanty but don't know anything about them. I've never hear of the others (well except a 5k and Mt. St. Helens).

is this stuff vegan? Do I want it? Will it make me feel like superwoman when working out?

Vegan pre workout drink that's probably awesome.

Walk, pilates, JM (even though I complain about squats, lol!), hike, maybe get back into Tae Bo. I've heard of P90 and Insanty but don't know anything about them. I've never hear of the others (well except a 5k and Mt. St. Helens).

The Dysfunctional Parrot's review of P90X and Insanity.

My P90X review from my blog:

P90X is a 90 day fitness program which Beach Body categorizes under  their "Extreme Results" section. During the 90 days you do various exercises, including weight trainingyogaplyometrics, and martial arts. I've been through the program twice, but the second time I discontinued so that I could begin P90X3, which only takes 30 minutes a day. The full P90X program includes diet, exercise, and supplements. I only did the exercise, as I was borrowing the program from a friend. These are my findings:

It's easy to modify. I started with 5 pound weights, and quickly worked my way up. I was able to down-scale many of the exercises, and near the end, I was able to up-scale many of them.

Don't watch the scale. My first time through the program, I lost 1 shirt size, 2 pants sizes, and had a more sculpted body, but I gained 20 lbs. As a woman, I had a hard time with the weight gain, but I am very satisfied with the results.

Fast results. Within one week, I could see my body tightening, and every week I noticed drastic improvement in the way I looked and felt.

I had an increased desire for water. I was always someone who had a hard time drinking a lot of water, but with this program I found myself chronically thirsty. My water bottle turned out to be  a good investment. I advise you get one too.

P90X is time-consuming. You can plan on spending an hour to an hour and a half a day on the workouts. I had a hard time fitting my workouts in every day, which is why I have since switched to P90X3.

It requires supplies. In order to do the program, you need free weightsa pull-up bar or bands, a yoga mat, and maybe a yoga block.

This program completely transformed my body, and I would recommend it to absolutely anybody. My fat loss was intense, my energy level increased, and I feel amazing.

• Like 2

ooh, I've actually seen vega in the stores here & I have a sample here but it's not a workout thingy....

but ok, explain to me in little words: why do I need this? I mean I work out already. I drink water. I eat food. What is the magic in these things? Why does that entire aisle exist in the stores? What is in there that I'm not getting in other things????

not being snarky, just really confused & the only people I see buying things there are the guys with no necks who like to think they're ripped but they're um, just fat.... "bulking up" here no longer seems to mean I want to look like Mr Universe but rather I want to look like someone in a biker gang....  Oh, I really got off track....

• Like 1

<Makes a plan to punch Slache in the gut when we meet.>

My dh has done several rounds of P90X.  Sadly, he is injured (shoulder) and probably needs surgery so he gave it up.  He was buff when he did it, though.  I have pictures.   :D

Mine is developing quite the shoulders!  :001_tt1:

• Like 1

ooh, I've actually seen vega in the stores here & I have a sample here but it's not a workout thingy....

but ok, explain to me in little words: why do I need this? I mean I work out already. I drink water. I eat food. What is the magic in these things? Why does that entire aisle exist in the stores? What is in there that I'm not getting in other things????

not being snarky, just really confused & the only people I see buying things there are the guys with no necks who like to think they're ripped but they're um, just fat.... "bulking up" here no longer seems to mean I want to look like Mr Universe but rather I want to look like someone in a biker gang....  Oh, I really got off track....

My dh claims that it enhances your workout.  I have no idea what this means, though, so I'll sit in the "Why do we need this?" camp with you.  He has bought all sorts of protein powders and Creatine.  I read the ingredients and tell him they are crappy.  :D

• Like 2

Sorry. Hi. I workout harder. That's it. I have chronic exhaustion so it's worth it to me to spend $30 a month on. People claim amazing results which I don't experience, but it does make a noticeable difference.

On 4/1/2015 at 4:55 PM, hornblower said:

I want to start marketing a pre-homeschooling powder supplement.

It will provide focus, clarity, endurance  and euphoria. There will be a parent version & a child version.

On 4/1/2015 at 4:56 PM, texasmama said:

This is absolutely brilliant.  It is exactly what is needed!

There is one. If I take this I get my workout, reading, laundry, and chores done before 9 including feeding and bathing everyone. If I don't I'm struggling to get just breakfast made by 9. It improves my mood, energy, and stamin. It's a pill though. I take one a day 6 days a week and I get 140 pills for $100.

Edited by Slache

Do it!!! Make a playlist, download the C25K app (free) and the 100 push ups challenge app (also free). Can I help? Do you need something? Make sure to get good shoes. Go to a running store and get fitted. It's so worth it! Buy this. It will be easier and you'll get a better workout. I can send you two weeks worth to try.

What's the divorce diet? I was fat in middle school.

Thanks for the encouragement!  I did everything you said, except the special formula, (downloaded the app, have a playlist, went to running store and got fitted for running shoes and booKshelves) around January/February and got to week 3 when the weather and "life" got in the way.  So, yeah, time to start again.  I do love my shoes, my booKshelves, my playlist, and getting out alone in the morning.

• Like 1

Diet and exercise? Really?

Bring back the hula videos! :001_tt2:

Shut up and let them be impressed with me!

Thanks for the encouragement!  I did everything you said, except the special formula, (downloaded the app, have a playlist, went to running store and got fitted for running shoes and booKshelves) around January/February and got to week 3 when the weather and "life" got in the way.  So, yeah, time to start again.  I do love my shoes, my booKshelves, my playlist, and getting out alone in the morning.

Did you get the push up app? It's good...

And, so, I could post a picture, but everytime I try to take a selfie, my face is fat. 

Photoshoppe my dear.