Menu

Ignore this thread!

It's funny that you still feel the need to lie about this today.

That's not nice. 

It really was the baby.

Once, she was 4 years old, we were in a crowded post office when she let out a big one. Everyone turned around. Even the post guy gave her a sticker or something because he said it was the best one he'd heard in a long time.

I didn't even remember this story until she reminded me of it as I was reading the farting part of the thread to her. So there!

• Like 3

Not for me.  I WILL live to be in my 80's (at LEAST).  I am going to determinedly take after my Dad's side of the family in this, and not my Mom's.  Mom died at age 66 (much much much too soon), and her mother died at age 67.  If I can I'll get on Smucker's/Willard Scott's postings of centenarians -- hopefully for multiple years.

That's what I tell my dh. My mom's side is the longer living though. My great grandmother on my mother's father's side was 96 (officially) when she passed away. Her body couldn't hold on after a surgery. I say officially because the SSN office has her birthday as 1902. As I was searching the genealogy, I happened to come across her and her family on the 1900 census. She was already 1-2 years old. So, she was actually possibly 100 when she passed. My grandmother was surprised to hear that! 

• Like 1

No one has posted since almost 3 a.m. People are not taking this thread seriously.

Maybe I should wake up everyone. Here you go.

Well, it certainly doesn't replace Hot Hula Dudes, but that was AWESOME.  How do you find these things?  (Now I have to figure out how to get this to play for DD every morning...)

• Like 1

You win! :driving:  :huh:  :thumbdown:  :scared:  :eek:  :001_unsure:  :auto:

I hope the driver apologized and brought you flowers in the hospital.

No, his dad was the only big shot lawyer in town. The perpetrator (love that word) wasn't allowed to say anything. No lawyers would take our case anyway, out of fear of retribution. Can you tell I grew up in a small town?

No, his dad was the only big shot lawyer in town. The perpetrator (love that word) wasn't allowed to say anything. No lawyers would take our case anyway, out of fear of retribution. Can you tell I grew up in a small town?

I am appalled and have a great deal of righteous indignation on your behalf.

• Like 3

I had lice growing up and we were poor. My mom put aloe in my hair for a week because lice are super picky and prefer clean hair. I'm not saying don't treat it, but keep the dirty hair thing in mind.

We are trying for dirty hair. Then they can't attach their eggs. There's not much my daughter prefers over wallowing in mud, then not washing it off. Broke her heart when I told her the rest of her was getting cleaned. 

I plan to die at 74.

Don't do it. This thread will still be going strong then. We need you!!

I've never learned to drive. Sometimes when people are nasty about the fact that I don't drive (you'd be surprised how often this happens!) we tell them that we don't believe that women should drive. They don't really know how to respond at that point.

:lol:

You have no idea. I have a really unpleasant story (stop reading if you're eating) involving my grandmothers legs getting stuck to the fake leather in her car and a bunch of her skin peeling off. She wrapped herself in toilet paper and drove to the doctor just bleeding everywhere. All of those situations scarred me when I was really young and I associate them with old age. I know it's wrong, but knowing something in your head and believing it in your heart are two different things.

Ouch!

My last remaining grandmother is 95. She's been telling me that getting old is horrible for the last 23 years. In those 2 decades she's beaten lung cancer, watched most of her friends die, where was I going with this??? Oh yeah, she's gotten remarried to a great man, met and spent time getting to know all of her great-grandkids, been on several wonderful trips....and is the only sane person in our family.  

Getting old sucks ( and a lot of time is spent in the bathroom), but it's not all bad. 

• Like 1

Well, it certainly doesn't replace Hot Hula Dudes, but that was AWESOME.  How do you find these things?  (Now I have to figure out how to get this to play for DD every morning...)

It is a gift.

Also, we owned this album when our dc were little (in fact, we still have it); since I knew it existed, I looked for it on YouTube, and voila!

• Like 1

Ok, I'm changing the subject, per your command.

I love Maru the cat:

Uh oh, there is no sound coming from my computer and the the volume is turned up. Wonder what button my cat stepped on now. Youtube volume is up too :( I dislike computer problems. I'd say hate, but I'm trying to teach my kids that we do not say hate..

Uh oh, there is no sound coming from my computer and the the volume is turned up. Wonder what button my cat stepped on now. Youtube volume is up too :( I dislike computer problems. I'd say hate, but I'm trying to teach my kids that we do not say hate..

I don't think there's any sound. It's just Maru playing in the boxes.

Whew, I just folded six loads of laundry.  Ugh.

I hate laundry! True confession.

That's impressive!  I've never folded that many loads at once.  I generally have a rule that laundry must be folded hot from the dryer (that's how I avoid ironing).  Of course, that sometimes results in a couple extra fluffing cycles.  (And also explains why I have at least 6 loads waiting to be washed at any given point in time!)

• Like 2

Hi guys. I spent the morning applying for an apartment. If we get we'll go from a 2 bed 1 bath to a 3 bed 2 bath with a bigger kitchen and a much better layout. It's also within walking distance of a nature park I'd love to take the kids to everyday. Please keep your fingers crossed or pray or sacrifice kitten's. It's only $50 a month more and IT'S RENT CONTROLLED!! Our apartment has gone up $350 in the 4 years we've lived here!

Anyway, how is everyone?

• Like 6

Bullfrogs and Butterflies - i remember the good ole days of door-to-door record sales from Agapeland. What was that one called? Oh yeah - The Music Machine.

Music Machine, Music Machine

Like no contraption that you've ever seen.

Whenever you want to something da da,

Put something in it and a song comes out.

The string song was my favorite.

• Like 2

I stayed away to get things done, then decided to pop back in briefly to skim the thread....HAH!  O.k. several pages later I can finally say love the videos, great posts, you guys rock, but now I'm out of time to do anything else.  

You should be getting paid.   :)

I know, right???

• Like 4

That's impressive!  I've never folded that many loads at once.  I generally have a rule that laundry must be folded hot from the dryer (that's how I avoid ironing).  Of course, that sometimes results in a couple extra fluffing cycles.  (And also explains why I have at least 6 loads waiting to be washed at any given point in time!)

Part of my complex system is that it goes on hangers or that non-hanging stuff is put in various baskets by person.  I need more room in my laundry room - you know, for my complex system.

• Like 2

Hi guys. I spent the morning applying for an apartment. If we get we'll go from a 2 bed 1 bath to a 3 bed 2 bath with a bigger kitchen and a much better layout. It's also within walking distance of a nature park I'd love to take the kids to everyday. Please keep your fingers crossed or pray or sacrifice kitten's. It's only $50 a month more and IT'S RENT CONTROLLED!! Our apartment has gone up $350 in the 4 years we've lived here!

Anyway, how is everyone?

That is a lot more stuff for you $50 a month.  The extra bathroom alone would do it for me.

I'm good, juggling it all with one hand tied behind my back and rocking it.  :D

(Just a little bad story.  My dad was rude the other day and he kind of took responsibility but I am still a little mad at him because he was REALLY rude.  He is coming over in a bit, and I will be nice, though, because I am very nice.)

• Like 7

That is a lot more stuff for you $50 a month.  The extra bathroom alone would do it for me.

I'm good, juggling it all with one hand tied behind my back and rocking it.   :D

(Just a little bad story.  My dad was rude the other day and he kind of took responsibility but I am still a little mad at him because he was REALLY rude.  He is coming over in a bit, and I will be nice, though, because I am very nice.)

Good grief, why would anyone be rude to you, especially your dad?  Does he need a talking to?  I have a cat that loves to spray.  Truly odoriferous spray.  Would that help convey the message that rudeness is not acceptable?

• Like 2

I excel at laundry, and I have a complex system.  True story.  It's the only household duty I usually do not mind.

Part of my complex system is that it goes on hangers or that non-hanging stuff is put in various baskets by person.  I need more room in my laundry room - you know, for my complex system.

Yes, I like laundry too.  I would love to convert the "eat-in" part of my kitchen into a bigger laundry area.  For one, I'd rather do laundry than cook.  For two, it would be better than my current system:  washer and dryer in a hallway on the way to the bathroom, piles of dirty laundry all over the floor and stacks of clean laundry on the formal couch no one sits on.   

• Like 1

Good grief, why would anyone be rude to you, especially your dad?  Does he need a talking to?  I have a cat that loves to spray.  Truly odoriferous spray.  Would that help convey the message that rudeness is not acceptable?

Finally, someone who understands me!!! :thumbup:

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 2

Laundry is the one thing I can absolutely keep up on. I fold every load as it comes out of the dryer, *and* put it away (although I fudge a little now that I have a two-story house: I fold everything and put stacks neatly in the basket, to take upstairs in one fell swoop).

• Like 1

Laundry is the one thing I can absolutely keep up on. I fold every load as it comes out of the dryer, *and* put it away (although I fudge a little now that I have a two-story house: I fold everything and put stacks neatly in the basket, to take upstairs in one fell swoop).

Putting it away is my downfall.  Everyone is supposed to put their own laundry away.  The result is a couch full of stacks - one for each person, plus a couple stacks of towels.  I'd love a laundry/dressing room where everyone just grabs what's clean from their stack or shelves or whatever.  But, then, that might be why I haven't aspired to titles of royalty as you have.  :-)

I excel at laundry, and I have a complex system.  True story.  It's the only household duty I usually do not mind.

You should get some help.

I'm good, juggling it all with one hand tied behind my back and rocking it.   :D GO TEX!

I'm sorry. Parents can be a pain.

• Like 1

I'm great with laundry. I do it throughout the morning, toss it all on my bed which gets made every morning, fold it at nap time, and it gets put away before hubby gets home. I *hate* laundry and I *hate* dishes. Everything else is a piece of cake. Someday I'll have this in my kitchen.

Eta: And yes that's my pinterest, so if you wanna know what kind of person I really am...

• Like 1

Putting it away is my downfall.  Everyone is supposed to put their own laundry away.  The result is a couch full of stacks - one for each person, plus a couple stacks of towels.  I'd love a laundry/dressing room where everyone just grabs what's clean from their stack or shelves or whatever.  But, then, that might be why I haven't aspired to titles of royalty as you have.  :-)

See, you need to march all your little people over to the couch and require them to pick up their laundry and put it away right now. It should be a regularly scheduled part of your day.

I don't know if I'd want all our clothes in one room like that. Possibly if I had 19 children like *some* people do, it would make sense, but with just two...no. :-)

You can choose your own title, you know. We don't have inherited titles in this country...although maybe we should...::cheeky royal grin::

• Like 1

I don't do Pinterest.

Pinterest is great. I've pinned about 50 different curricula that I've learned about from the hive, books that I can't read right now (but unlike most people I actually do read them), things I want to do in my house when I get it and amazing organizing/cleaning things that have simplifies my life.

• Like 2

See, you need to march all your little people over to the couch and require them to pick up their laundry and put it away right now. It should be a regularly scheduled part of your day.

I don't know if I'd want all our clothes in one room like that. Possibly if I had 19 children like *some* people do, it would make sense, but with just two...no. :-)

You can choose your own title, you know. We don't have inherited titles in this country...although maybe we should...::cheeky royal grin::

<sigh>  I should.

Hmmm..... I'll have to think about my title.  It will take awhile.  I'm slow that way. 

I am the opposite of boring! I just don't need another time-sucker in my life. You people take all the extra I have. ;)

I don't just sit on pinterest. I pin things that I find interesting from amazon etc. and clean it out once a month when I'm cramping and want to lay down. Regularly cleaning it out makes so that I actually implement the ideas.

• Like 1

Bullfrogs and Butterflies - i remember the good ole days of door-to-door record sales from Agapeland. What was that one called? Oh yeah - The Music Machine.

Music Machine, Music Machine

Like no contraption that you've ever seen.

Whenever you want to something da da,

Put something in it and a song comes out.

The string song was my favorite.

Mine was Have Patience. I bought the cd so my oldest could grow up with those songs. She knew the patience song before I ever purchased it though. Then, I finally found the other cd put out by them - something about Oliver something-or-other. There was a song I remembered and I finally figured out the cd after googling. The song went, "stretching the truth, is telling a lie. Angels are honest that's why they can fly," or something like that. I'll be getting that cd next.

Oh, and that 3rd line is, "Whatever you want to sing about," You can get it on Amazon.

• Like 3

My dad minded his P's and Q's while here.  But then he suggested that I train the dog.  <sigh>  He said his brother has trained his Pyr.  I suggested that his brother come and train mine, and he said that his brother probably wouldn't want to drive that far.  So then I said, "Yes, probably."

It sometimes works for me to be full of dry sarcasm around literal folks. I got 99% of my sense of humor from my mom.

• Like 4