Menu

Ignore this thread!

The girls and I saw Dr.Strange. You know, I just don’t like that series. It is just too weird. I didn’t like the first one and I didn’t like this one. At all. Give me Iron Man any day.

Oh lovely! It’s. Dr. Strange Booya/h.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I have performed minor surgery on the blood blisters 

SUSAN!

Heaven's to Murgatroyd.

37 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

The girls and I saw Dr.Strange. You know, I just don’t like that series. It is just too weird. I didn’t like the first one and I didn’t like this one. At all. Give me Iron Man any day.

Oh lovely! It’s. Dr. Strange Booya/h.

I love Dr. Strange.

• Like 2

Warning! Marvelpo.

@Servant4Christ

I just discovered a filtering service that works with Disney plus called Clear Play, so you can get all of the yucky stuff out of the Marvel movies. If it works we won't have to go back and edit ALL of the movies we lost in the great computer blow up of 2021. Check it out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Slache said:

Warning! Marvelpo.

@Servant4Christ

I just discovered a filtering service that works with Disney plus called Clear Play, so you can get all of the yucky stuff out of the Marvel movies. If it works we won't have to go back and edit ALL of the movies we lost in the great computer blow up of 2021. Check it out.

I've heard that name somewhere. Wasn't there an actual DVD player by that name that did the same thing a few years back? I wish there were a player that would just automatically do that for any disc you have. It would be soooo loved here.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Servant4Christ said:

I've heard that name somewhere. Wasn't there an actual DVD player by that name that did the same thing a few years back? I wish there were a player that would just automatically do that for any disc you have. It would be soooo loved here.

Yes. I just found a website comparing 6 different services that do the same thing. I'm so excited!

We have very few DVDs. We don't have Disney plus right now though. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Warning! Marvelpo.

@Servant4Christ

Thank you! We will have to check into this. :)

• Like 2

Just now, Junie said:

Thank you! We will have to check into this. 🙂

I'm really excited. It's $8/mo, but we watch movies once a week and the boy wants to watch Man In The High Castle and a few other things. It would be well worth it for us.

• Like 3

Just now, Slache said:

I should start reading again. At some point.

I'm looking forward to Little Man learning to read so we can just sit and read our own books together. I have been telling him this for a while now in hopes he won't be like DD who states loudly she hates books.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

We had a good day today.

Dh made dinner on the grill -- hamburgers, hot dogs, kielbasa, veggies.  I think he couldn't decide what to make, so he just made some of everything. :)

My breathing is still not normal.  I finished the required nebulizer treatments, so now they will only be done as needed.

Well, unfortunately my breathing became labored after dinner, so I did a treatment then.  And it still isn't quite right, so I'm going to do another one before I go to bed.

It's not bad -- it just isn't particularly good either. 😞  Hopefully I will get this under control in the next day or two.  I have a follow up with my pulmonologist early next week.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Morning, Happy Tuesday.

Cabinets are mostly done in kitchen.  One that was the wrong cabinet came in broken but luckily it was one going in a place all by itself so it didn't hold up anything else.   One drawer can't be used because the stove sticks out more than the measurement said it would.  Still no countertops (will be awhile), sink, stove or dishwasher (those three hopefully today).  

Before the only countertop we had was the piece over the top of the dishwasher (24 inches), between the sink and stove.   The only upper cabinets were two double cabinets and the small one over the microwave (which is mounted over the stove).  No lower cabinets except the under sink one.  

Now we have all that, plus upper cabinets - a blind next to the stove, a blind in a corner opposite the stove and two other double uppers, and lower cabinets - a blind next to the stove and in the corner opposite, a narrow three drawer, a wide three drawer, a double doored with shelves and two drawers, two small single doored with one drawer and shelves, plus a 7 foot tall pantry closet.   And about 8 feet of countertop perpendicular to stove, and 8 feet of countertop set up like a breakfast bar type thing in front of two windows (with the narrow cabinets underneath with knee space in between), and another 3 foot section across from the breakfast bar.  

Dh will have so much more room to cook dinner every night.

• Like 5

I ended up getting up at 6am this morning.  Way too early but I was awake.  

I'm going to banish the goat, run to the AFSA for a few things, run to the classroom and see if I can detach my fake wall from the real wall so it can be moved when my teacher comes to help me tomorrow, do some other work maybe, come home and wipe out the new cabinets and drawers so we can start putting things away.   Dh will have to make some decisions about where he wants things since he is the primary cook.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

One child stayed up. He saw two meteors, but that's about it. So we evidently weren't in a great spot to see them. 

Same child has his driver's skill test today. The other did his last week and passed. 

Continued clean up and debulk today. I'm determined to get all the homeschool and book stuff off to the thrift stores as soon as possible. Maybe it will be there when some other family needs it, and they'll have it for planning early.

• Like 7

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

We're taking the week off from math.  What we're doing isn't working, so I need to consult with dh and figure out a new way to approach it.  Not new curriculum, but a better way of using what we have.

In breathing news, I did end up using the nebulizer before bed and again this morning.  This time I used a combination of meds instead of only albuterol and it seems to be helping.  I'm still having a hard time getting a good, deep breath, but I'm able to talk normally. :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

Krissi, I'm with you on the Dr. Strange.

Junie, hope you have some improvement today!  Breathing is important!

Slachey, I also have the owies.  I'm feeling the bumps and bruises from my fall and hike.  Did a second minor surgery to my blood blisters (just relieving pressure, but it involves sanitizing a safety pin, so I like the drama of calling it "surgery") and took the pup on his morning constitutional.  

Dd15 was going to wake me up to go out and look for shooting stars but she turned off her alarm and went back to sleep.  There is probably too much light in our area to get a good view anyway.

Coffee!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I jumped into Hunter's thread on folk-writing. Probably about to get walloped for saying what I know about publishing and how our reading lists have been curated for us through the decades by five (now four) major publishers, and how our concept of good writing vs. bad writing has been shaped by what is allowed on the market. Hopefully I won't get walloped. 

• Like 6

Frames for posters that are 33 inches by 38 inches are very very expensive.  I'm not talking custom, I'm just talking about one big enough to fit it.  Over $100.   

So I decided to laminate it and just hang it with a "frame" of tape.   Our local teacher store (that got rid of all their teacher supply stuff sometime in the past year or two) doesn't have a big enough laminator.   Staples would have been around $20 but said the shiny surface of the poster wouldn't go through the laminator well and would get messed up.    Now I'm looking at $50 pieces of acrylic from Home Depot.   Why is this so hard????

I also went to Whole Foods to do an Amazon return, waited at the service desk because I couldn't read the orange type on a brown/picture of boxes background that said where the Amazon return line was.   Guy standing there said someone would be at service desk soon, waited five minutes and someone else asked me why I was there and then pointed out I should be at the counter with the guy who was standing their with no customers but now had two people in front of me.  

On the bright side, I was able to detach the fake wall from the real wall so I accomplished that.  

• Like 6

Morning! I’m at doctor office waiting for DS 17 yrly appointment.

EdPos:
I already did school with Little Man. We finished making the duck addition families through 10 today. 3 rows of fact cards take up a lot of space in the wall!

I made a change for DS17. I signed him up for Lantern English Essay Basics. It will likely be easy, but I would rather easy than frustrating. If it goes well, he will keep taking classes through them.

Edited by Green Bean
Changed my mind
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

I jumped into Hunter's thread on folk-writing. Probably about to get walloped for saying what I know about publishing and how our reading lists have been curated for us through the decades by five (now four) major publishers, and how our concept of good writing vs. bad writing has been shaped by what is allowed on the market. Hopefully I won't get walloped. 

Well, it CAN be dangerous to swim in the sea, but it's good for people to hear different perspectives and information on industry practices.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Green Bean said:

Morning! I’m at doctor office waiting for DS 17 yrly appointment.

EdPos:
I already did school with Little Man. We finished making the duck addition families through 10 today. 3 rows of fact cards take up a lot of space in the wall!

I made a change for DS17. I signed him up for Lantern English Essay Basics. It will likely be easy, but I would rather easy than frustrating. If it goes well, he will keep taking classes through them. I’m thinking adding JrAG or AG would be a good addition to round LA skills out. Add some reading and that is an English class. 

Your post reminded me I needed to reschedule the kid's appointments.  We went Friday and the doctor was running way behind so they gave us the option to reschedule.  We were going to be coming home in rush hour traffic on a Friday of a holiday weekend and it was going to start thunderstorming.  The quicker we could get done the better so we declined to wait.

The delay isn't too bad.  We go back June 23rd. 

• Like 5

DS17 will live for another year! He gained 5 lbs of muscle and nearly 2 in. in height from last year. We are short people so height gains are awesome.

I have a Costco Casper Select queen mattress inflating in the living room. Silly me not to read the directions first which said to put it in its base before opening. Oh well. I have to go to IKEA tomorrow for the base anyway. Driving across Houston after 3 pm is not a good idea.

Why a queen? We need a new mattress badly but can’t afford a king again. It will be fine for a couple years.

And I called our trash people who said we can put the old stuff on the curb with no extra charge! Yea! I thought we were going to have to find a truck to haul it to the dump.

Chicken enchilada casserole for dinner. I bought extra avocados this time.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

It's in the 90's with air quality warnings today.   Yuck.

Similar. You have my sympathy.

EdPo: Should I sign DD up for a Lantern class, too? Outside accountability might be good for her. She can argue with someone else! She can’t do summer term cause she has camp the first week of class. I wonder if they could work with that?

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 2

I am working on the camp website and something happened to part of it.  It went poof. And then it came back and had some gibberish like a child had gotten into it.  (A message that said something like "Hey Dad".)  I took this over from someone else (like everything else for camp) and we are still using their password etc. so I assume that something happened on their end.  I've been meaning to switch it over to content that I have 100% control over and I guess this is my sign from "above".  (Put in quotes because while I do think that God lets us know things, I'm not so sure that He bothered in this instance.  Sometimes we can just see that we need to do things differently without any divine intervention.) 

• Like 5

We had cranberry chicken wraps for dinner.  Super yummy!  I got the recipe from the lady who brought them for lunch on our campout.  Cooked chicken mixed with some raspberry balsamic dressing, dried cranberries/Craisins, thinly sliced apples, lettuce, and wraps or flour tortillas.  I believe the original recipe included walnuts or pecans, which I left out.  Almonds might also be yummy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m here. Busy day. I did manage to get a cut-and-color squeezed in there. And I forced myself to go to the post office. I bought a big roll of stamps so I don’t have to go again for a while.

Weather here is pleasant.  Upper 80’s. Not uncomfortable.

Dinner is some kind of chicken. I found a recipe on Allrecipes.com. I had most of the ingredients. It’s in the oven now.

• Like 5

On 5/30/2022 at 9:56 PM, Green Bean said:

I'm looking forward to Little Man learning to read so we can just sit and read our own books together. I have been telling him this for a while now in hopes he won't be like DD who states loudly she hates books.

I remember my oldest being scared to learn to read because she thought I would stop reading to her. Once I assured her I wouldn't stop, she was really motivated to learn. I still had to read anyway until middle school since she turned out dyslexic, but even now, she'll sit in on a story when she visits, at age 22. 

15 hours ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

We're taking the week off from math.  What we're doing isn't working, so I need to consult with dh and figure out a new way to approach it.  Not new curriculum, but a better way of using what we have.

In breathing news, I did end up using the nebulizer before bed and again this morning.  This time I used a combination of meds instead of only albuterol and it seems to be helping.  I'm still having a hard time getting a good, deep breath, but I'm able to talk normally. 🙂

What does your breathing feel like? Like it's shallow? Regardless of how deep a breath you take, it doesn't seem enough? But then when test with oximeter, you're technically getting enough air, it just doesn't feel like it? 

Just wondering...

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Renai said:

What does your breathing feel like? Like it's shallow? Regardless of how deep a breath you take, it doesn't seem enough? But then when test with oximeter, you're technically getting enough air, it just doesn't feel like it? 

Just wondering...

Yes.  It feels like someone tied an exercise band too tightly around my chest.  Nothing hurts.  And my oxygen levels are good.  But when I breathe in, I feel like I can't breathe far enough.

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Humph Day!!

I woke up too early, but I can have a bit more leisurely morning since we have no school.

Not much on the docket for today. Work…. lots of end of the year stuff.

Slashie, I hope you were able to get some sleep.

Junie, I have breathing issues like that occasionally. I chalk them up to panic attacks.

• Like 4