Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I've never tie dyed.

You should. We got the kit for $11 and everyone got a $3 shirt, all from Walmart. We bought them a while ago but never got to it, so inflation probably happened. We had probably 15 colors. We do it once every few years. Sometimes I'll incorporate a sharpie.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Renai said:

We got rain today!!! Some of the northern parts of the state got snow! They definitely need it. The fire is at 311,000+ acres and shows no signs of slowing down.

Yay for rain and snow, but only because you need it. Boo for fire. Nobody likes fire.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Slache said:

Sorry.

Not as big of a deal as I originally thought. I called and the company was so nice. They are emailing me everything to go ahead and administer the test. I just have to print it and then scan the completed scantron into the computer and email it back to them. That'll definitely shave some time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Slache said:

You should. We got the kit for $11 and everyone got a $3 shirt, all from Walmart. We bought them a while ago but never got to it, so inflation probably happened. We had probably 15 colors. We do it once every few years. Sometimes I'll incorporate a sharpie.

Sharpie for?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Spirea said:

Sharpie for?

I made an aqua and slightly dark baby blue one and drew a fish with bubbles, and drew hearts on a pink and purple swirl my daughter made. I have also cut up the bottom and styled the sleeves. I don't sew them, it's almost grunge.

• Like 4

Morning.  I'm being super lazy this morning. Slept until 9am, having my breakfast and tea in a super leisurely manner.   I don't teach until 1pm and then only teach 2 classes so Wednesdays should be my relaxed day.  I think I need to follow through with that more.  Of course, I only have 2 weeks left of this year after next week's break week.  Oh well.

My schedule for next year is definitely not as leisurely, at least not as listed.  Classes that don't get enrollment will be cancelled so there are some possibilities.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I need to buy a new thermometer because ours bit the dust. Recs? It's been a long time since we bought one and the options are overwhelming. The last one we bought was a Bruan thermoscan ear thermometer when Oldest was a baby, so 11+ yrs ago. Accurate and easy to use is my priority.

I have the temporal that was sold at costco. Exergen?

• Like 4

Good morning!

I just got a call from Rachel - she has apparently gotten a new job with medicare services, lol.

Went on a walk with a friend.  Now home and getting ready to do Things.  I still need to do end of year books.  It's been very difficult to garner any enthusiasm or motivation about them, which is unusual for me.  Alas and alack.   

Coffee!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spirea said:

Something about summer makes it hard to get schooling. We need to do a few more days of the real deal before we move to summer school.

I’m right there with you. ASD Son finished today but the other two are like  dragging through mud to get to the end.

Summer goals:

Thoroughly clean the house!

Buy a couch

Buy a new mattress/bed for DH and I

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 4

OK so most of you ITTers are having edpos because you are still homeschooling.  But my only "Pupils" are my plants and my animals so here is my "Training up a Garden"po. 

I was right to be a bit nervous about the tree circles.  😉  I don't have the stamina to do one circle at a time.  I think that I did probably 1/6 of a circle today.  There had been yard circles of bark many years ago when we bought this place that we are trying to get back to.  So I used the weed whacker to re-etch the circle boundaries.  Then I used one huge Lowe's box, that's been flattened out to it's greatest extent and laid that down against one border.  I did use my utility knife to help shape it a bit into more of a circle shape though technically this"circle" is more of an arc because it is cut off by the driveway.  Then I dumped two wheelbarrow loads of bark on it and smoothed it out "good enough".  I will do a final smoothing later when I have all the area cardboarded and barked.  So right now it looks like a funny randomly barked area.  (The swooshes were much easier because they were bounded by the curb and a retaining wall on each side.) 

A neighbor did come by to tell me how nice everything is looking though.  🌸

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
homophones are tricky
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Books are ordered.  Meeting with ds17 went pretty well, and he actually asked me to help him figure out how to use the "reminders" app on his phone, so yay for that!  I'm hopeful that he will attempt to set a wake-up alarm for himself.

Now to try the scary pantz-fixing dealio.  The waist on my Goodwill pantz is too big, but according to YouTube, I can insert some elastic in the waistband and they will be all fabulous.  Imma try it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We were going to have strawberry trifle for dessert tonight. Dd went to cut the berries and they had all grown fur! Guess a week is too long to wait to eat them.

I’m all done deep cleaning the upstairs. The main space is our class/play/game room area so it gets a lot of use. The rest of our used books are in the crate waiting to be sold next trip to THS. I’m ready for break!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Right!? Maybe it's the testosterone? Just a theory.

DS 23 uses women’s Secret brand deo/antiperspirant as men’s versions do nothing for him. I’m thinking the other two should, as well.

Star Wars IV tonight while I make my fall term shopping list. Nothing like the original although Rogue One was pretty fantastic.

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Spirea said:

Should I let ds10 read Huckleberry Finn? It was in the children's section but isn't the very condensed illustrated classic that I would have preferred.

Yes!

One of John's favorites and great discussions about racism which is quite relevant.

• Like 2

Tomorrow is my last day of homeschooling. It's kind of bittersweet. We just got to the American War for independence in History and I would have loved to delve into that, but...I can't do that and work my job. And while my kids don't complain about school, they just kind of do it. It's not like we just love doing school. Although we just finished a good book. "A Gathering of Days." Isn't that a good title?

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Spirea said:

It's been so long since I've read it.

I'm concerned about language.

I bought the Classic Starts version.

I suggest if you have any qualms about it, then put it aside until you have time to read it again yourself. It is not actually a children's book at all. Twain wrote it for adults. 

As a funny, my DS 17 refuses to read Tom Sawyer as he read the first few pages and was incensed that Tom would not help his aunt. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2