Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Green Bean said:

BTDT- all 3 of mine starting the week before Thanksgiving one a week. What was I thinking?

Quoting myself to add all 3 got a cold after. I don’t know if it was related to the teeth.

Advice to self- do not go looking on the accelerated or high school boards. You will only feel bad.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Slache said:

Leftover lasagna and salad. We pooled. It's 102°.

Texan booya.

My kids' temperatures are higher than that, hence my lack of posting today. I'm gearing up for another long night and praying they at least try synchronize their waking up and fevers tonight because I. am. exhausted.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Sad 9

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

My kids' temperatures are higher than that, hence my lack of posting today. I'm gearing up for another long night and praying they at least try synchronize their waking up and fevers tonight because I. am. exhausted.

I’m so sorry, Servie. I hope they sleep tonight and you can get some rest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, I did all the things. Dishwasher is humming, went over my benefits stuff for work since this is Open Enrollment, and voted, since today is the California Primary.

Jeannie for President. Vote ITT!! The only party that makes sense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I need to water my peace Lily. It’s drooping. I received it when my dad died. That was almost a year ago. I am truly amazed that I have kept it alive this long.

Dh received a peace lily from his coworkers when his mom passed away.  I told him that he would be responsible for the plant, because I have a black thumb.  He has kept the lily alive for 15 years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

48 minutes ago, Junie said:

Dh received a peace lily from his coworkers when his mom passed away.  I told him that he would be responsible for the plant, because I have a black thumb.  He has kept the lily alive for 15 years.

I have had to replace my “death plants”. (Named by my kids because I too have a black thumb). 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have had to replace my “death plants”. (Named by my kids because I too have a black thumb). 

Ok, I wanted to add a laugh emoji but thought maybe you would think I was being flippant and rude. I have a black thumb, too. This is why our front landscaping is all rocks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Green Bean said:

Ok, I wanted to add a laugh emoji but thought maybe you would think I was being flippant and rude. I have a black thumb, too. This is why our front landscaping is all rocks.

Go ahead and laugh. When my dad died I was sent the first plant. Dd said, “great. A death plant that mom can kill to remind her even more of death!”  (We have a dark sense of humor at times). 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Good morning!

(((Servie & Serviettes)))  how is everyone this morning?

We're leaving on a Jet Plane later this evening, but before that I need to give Pup his monthly medicine, give the kids their end-of-year books, and hopefully pick up my van from the mechanic.

Coffee!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

How's kids?

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Humph Day!!

Servie, how are the babes?? How are you?? Did you get some sleep?

Yay, Susan!! Hope you get everything done before you leave. Say “hi” to the Queen for me.

I generally have a bad track record with house plants, but I have been making an effort with the ones I got when Dad died. I have a problem with overwatering and I love the peace lily because it so delicately droops when it needs water. Then I water it and it perks back up. It’s nice when they tell you these things and you don’t have to guess.

Work today. Things are winding down. I have a couple of phone calls to make and a Zoom meeting with a “new to me” family.

It’s gonna be hot ☀️☀️🔥🔥🔥, too, but not over 100 degrees yet. That’s coming.

• Like 5

I like cut flowers that occupy table space briefly. I don't like plants (or bugs) inside and may have deliberately killed some so they depart sooner. I figure they will die anyway, and once the flowers fall off the mini rose bush, I don't want it. However, someone gave me a lovely orchid about 3 weeks ago and I'm being very careful to keep this alive. It's still so pretty. I wonder how long the flowers stay on. I was told to only water about 1/4 cup once a week with bottled water. I've given a bit more because it's so hot and dry right now.

• Like 6

Shop po

Where should I buy collared shirts for ds10? I am not finding much at all at normal places I shop online, carters, kohls, target, jcpenney, lands end. So weird I can't find much. Something like 20 options from the big stores, then nearly all colors he would hate. I would like to buy all from one place to reduce shipping, not one shirt from each store. And dont want to pay $40 for a shirt. Frustrating. 

Edited by Spirea
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Spirea said:

Shop po

Where should I buy collared shirts for ds10? I am not finding much at all at normal places I shop online, carters, kohls, target, jcpenney, lands end. So weird I can't find much. Something like 20 options from the big stores, then nearly all colors he would hate. I would like to buy all from one place to reduce shipping, not one shirt from each store. And dont want to pay $40 for a shirt. Frustrating. 

WalMart Men's department is where I buy ASD Son's buttondowns and DS17 golf polo shirts. GAP Kids, maybe? I order DH Oxford cloth shirts on sale only from Lands End about every four years.

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Green Bean said:

I just made chocolate chip cookies with DS17 and Little Man. It was DS17’s first time. 

Gymnast has been wanting to make chocochispas for a week now. We have all the ingredients, and a high altitude recipe. I guess I should help her...

• Like 4

I’m here. Dinner done. New book came in the mail. I am enjoying it. “Last Bus to Wisdom” by Ivan Doig. I’m also reading “Spymistress” by William Stevenson. That’s a true story of Vera Adkins. She was a top British spy in WWII.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

It’s a magnesium brine. Does that help?  

Maybe. I'll try that. Please tell me I won't get out of the bath feeling sticky like when you get out of the ocean. Or do you shower directly after the epsom salt bath?

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2

I have an incredibly busy day ahead. Blueberries need to be picked this morning, the boys are already out doing pumpkin pollination (the bees would do it, but this is for seeds), then I have to go to town and get some insulin syringes for the dog, then go help a friend move, then get a haircut, and then I think I'm allowed to read and rest for the remains of the day.

I might brine.

• Like 7

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D (is brewing. Somehow I got distracted last night and didn’t finish getting it ready.🙄j

Critter has a very busy day. Mine, not so much. The girls have piano lessons, and I have to stop at the post office, but other than that… just work stuff to finish up.

Another hot day here, too. Going up to 105 by the weekend now. 😩😩

• Like 4

Morning! IKEA returns and hopefully buying a new bed. Thankfully, we kept out old mattress while testing out the Casper! But we did throw out the old broken frame so need a new bed.

What mattress do you like for back pain? Firm? Medium, or plush? Brand matter?

Going to be roasting here today, too, and probably until October.

• Like 2

I don't have back pain, but I do have pain pretty much everywhere else.

I remember one time that we had to spend the night in a hotel.  I was very pregnant and had to share a queen bed with two of my girls -- and I got such a good night's sleep.  When I woke up in the morning I felt rested!  When I got up, I actually unmade the bed so I could see what kind of mattress I had been sleeping on. :)  It was a Tempur-pedic.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Green Bean said:

Same in Austin, although I won't be in Austin next week. Heading west to see the offspring in Seattle and in Central California.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Junie said:

I remember one time that we had to spend the night in a hotel.  I was very pregnant and had to share a queen bed with two of my girls -- and I got such a good night's sleep.  When I woke up in the morning I felt rested!  When I got up, I actually unmade the bed so I could see what kind of mattress I had been sleeping on. :)  It was a Tempur-pedic.

Another vote for Tempur-pedic. Same story here, too.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Green Bean said:

Morning! IKEA returns and hopefully buying a new bed. Thankfully, we kept out old mattress while testing out the Casper! But we did throw out the old broken frame so need a new bed.

What mattress do you like for back pain? Firm? Medium, or plush? Brand matter?

This is really individual.  There was another thread recently in another part of the sea where those of us with fibromyalgia talked about how we can't turn over on a tempurpedic bed.  But it's a specific condition and was not a problem shared by people who don't have our condition. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Junie said:

I remember one time that we had to spend the night in a hotel.  I was very pregnant and had to share a queen bed with two of my girls -- and I got such a good night's sleep.  When I woke up in the morning I felt rested!  When I got up, I actually unmade the bed so I could see what kind of mattress I had been sleeping on. 🙂 It was a Tempur-pedic.

DH and I have always had the same experience. We even tried once to buy a “hotel” bed, but we couldn’t figure out how to do it. We just concluded that they only sell those kind to hotel chains and not to the general public.

• Like 3