Menu

Ignore this thread!

7 hours ago, Renai said:

@KrissiK did you figure out if the thick chocolate drink you had was champurrado? I may have missed the response somewhere. Or...(ominous music plays) you did not read the all of the last page....🤨😱

I looked it up on Wikipedia and it might have been that. All I know was it was really good.

Booya/h!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

I have slept in this morning - it's after 7am and I am still in bed ON THANKSGIVING MORNING!!  This is because dd23 had a night shift and probably won't be home until 6pm, so dinner will be around 6:30 tonight instead of our usual 2pm and I am not in a rush to get the apple pies in the oven by 8am.

I do need to get the "Happy Thanksgiving" banner up.

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Happy Thanksgiving my Dear ITT friends!! I am thankful for all of you and the many years of Internet friendship on this thread. Y’all are the best.

I got up a bit before 6, got two pumpkin pies in the oven and now I am sitting a bit before I have to deal with the bird.  The cat is outside, demanding to be let in,  but everyone else is asleep and she likes to bug people. So she can just wait.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Food is cooked. All that's left is mashing the potatoes, baking the rolls, and warming stuff up when it's closer to gobble gobble time. It's just me and Newbie enjoying the peace and quiet this morning. Very relaxed. I'm glad I stayed up a little late last night because it's affording me a calm and pleasant day today for reflecting on and truly being thankful for so many blessings.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I got up about 9:30am.   We are eating at 6:30pm because dd has lunchtime Thanksgiving with her dad.   We are heading over to her apartment around noon to put the turkey in the oven there.   But dh does all the cooking anyway.  He's been up since around 6 or so.  I'm not even sure, I was sleeping.  

Evidently ds didn't know we were eating at dd's apartment.  He also was unaware my mother sold her house and moved and is buying a new house (stupidly).   As someone who doesn't like finding out plans at the "last minute" (anything less than 3 days in his opinion), he really should listen to more conversations.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Evidently ds didn't know we were eating at dd's apartment.  He also was unaware my mother sold her house and moved and is buying a new house (stupidly).   As someone who doesn't like finding out plans at the "last minute" (anything less than 3 days in his opinion), he really should listen to more conversations.

Oh my word, this is so much ds17!

• Like 3

It's weird being at my child's house for Thanksgiving.    

It's also funny because she has no sharp knives, no wine glasses, very few regular glasses, no spices.  Dh did bring all the pots and pans needed but didn't think about these other things.

I'm getting lots of ideas for stocking stuffers for Christmas.

And in a complete betrayal of how I raised her, she arranged all her books by color.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

36 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

It's weird being at my child's house for Thanksgiving.    

It's also funny because she has no sharp knives, no wine glasses, very few regular glasses, no spices.  Dh did bring all the pots and pans needed but didn't think about these other things.

I'm getting lots of ideas for stocking stuffers for Christmas.

And in a complete betrayal of how I raised her, she arranged all her books by color.  

Svengo!  It's like staying at a vrbo and trying to cook! 

Slache would definitely approve of the book arrangement, lol!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The corn is toasted for the harvest corn salad and needs to cool, so I am sitting for a while and having a second cup of coffee.  It has been agreed that Turkey Cookies will be made after dinner so dd23 can be here for the mayhem.  Dd12 made homemade chocolate frosting for their construction.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Can I tell you all a secret?  Despite all my championing of pie, I actually don't really like pie.  I just have some today because it's tradition. 

I absolutely love apple pie, especially with ice cream, but I don't like the traditional pies.

• Like 4

Happy Thanksgiving, all! 🦃

I basically split the meal into both lunch and dinner (squash, peas, cranberry sauce, crudites, and the first half of the pie for lunch, and chicken and mashed potatoes and the rest of the pie and anything else that's left for dinner). This left me time to read a book. 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The turkey got put in at 11:30, so Thanksgiving dinner will be at dinner time, as usual. 

Dh was asking about what did we want to have for lunch. Did I want him to buy something? Were we eating in? He wouldn't let go when I told him whatever he and Gymnast decide. I finally told him that I am only in charge of Thanksgiving dinner and not to ask me anything about other food.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I had apple pie for lunch.  Because there wasn't anything else really (could have raided dd's freezer/cupboard but didn't want to). 

Mom was supposed to bring ONE dessert.  She brought pumpkin pie, apple pie, cool whip, ice cream, chocolate layer cake and eclairs.  For 6 of us.  ALL of us are trying to lose weight.  She was told specifically ONE dessert.

She also keeps talking about doing holidays at her new house.  Except she bought a house an hour away so oldest dd wouldn't be able to make it out there with her split holidays. 

She keeps saying we can stay the night if we're there for dinner.  Except we have a dog that we definitely don't want to bring in the car for an hour to bring with us (he's not a good traveler).   And don't want to have to sleep over every single time we go for dinner.   We do that when we got to MILs house which is why I only go maybe 2 or 3 times a year.  Dh is already going to his mom's every other weekend to help her out with stuff (and because she was only given 6 months to 2 years, almost 18 months ago).  We don't really want to be spending every single weekend away from home.   So she's going to have to come to us or we just won't see her very often.  

Add that her house has stairs and she'll have to deal with snow, leaves, etc. and it was just such a bad idea all around.  But dh keeps telling me to shush when I point it out.  I guess she definitely knows how we feel about it by this point.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Wheres Toto said:

I had apple pie for lunch.  Because there wasn't anything else really (could have raided dd's freezer/cupboard but didn't want to). 

Mom was supposed to bring ONE dessert.  She brought pumpkin pie, apple pie, cool whip, ice cream, chocolate layer cake and eclairs.  For 6 of us.  ALL of us are trying to lose weight.  She was told specifically ONE dessert.

She also keeps talking about doing holidays at her new house.  Except she bought a house an hour away so oldest dd wouldn't be able to make it out there with her split holidays. 

She keeps saying we can stay the night if we're there for dinner.  Except we have a dog that we definitely don't want to bring in the car for an hour to bring with us (he's not a good traveler).   And don't want to have to sleep over every single time we go for dinner.   We do that when we got to MILs house which is why I only go maybe 2 or 3 times a year.  Dh is already going to his mom's every other weekend to help her out with stuff (and because she was only given 6 months to 2 years, almost 18 months ago).  We don't really want to be spending every single weekend away from home.   So she's going to have to come to us or we just won't see her very often.  

Add that her house has stairs and she'll have to deal with snow, leaves, etc. and it was just such a bad idea all around.  But dh keeps telling me to shush when I point it out.  I guess she definitely knows how we feel about it by this point.

Make her take the desserts home.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Slache said:

I got a Black Friday offer for a year of Hulu for 99 cents a month. I want that, right? We have free Netflix and pay for Disney, but for less than $12 I figure I can risk not liking it.

We have Hulu, Netflix, Disney and Amazon Prime Video.    Hulu is the one most likely to have current tv shows (usually delayed a week or two to watch).    They also have old shows and movies and stuff.  I find a lot of their stuff more mainstream and less "original content" than the others.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Slache said:

I got a Black Friday offer for a year of Hulu for 99 cents a month. I want that, right? We have free Netflix and pay for Disney, but for less than $12 I figure I can risk not liking it.

Weren't you a no tv family?  Or am I thinking of someone else?  (I don't care.  We watch a lot.  Just curious.) 

• Like 2

Tummies are all very full.  We're going to watch a movie before dessert (The Big Year).  I didn't make it very far through the Thanksgiving prayer, so ds26 read it while the rest of us held onto each other and sobbed.  It's all good.  And a prayer worth praying

from The Valley of Vision

GLORIOUS JEHOVAH, MY COVENANT GOD,

All thy promises in Christ Jesus are
      yea and amen, and all shall be fulfilled.
Thou hast spoken them, and they shall be done,
  commanded, and they shall come to pass.
Yet I have often doubted thee,
  have lived at times as if there were no God.
Lord, forgive me that death in life,
  when I have found something apart from thee,
  when I have been content with ephemeral things.
But through thy grace I have repented;
Thou hast given me to read my pardon
    in the wounds of Jesus,
  and my soul doth trust in him, my God incarnate,
  the ground of my life, the spring of my hope.
Teach me to be resigned to thy will,
  to delight in thy law,
  to have no will but thine,
  to believe that everything thou doest is
    for my good.
Help me to leave my concerns in thy hands,
  for thou hast power over evil,
  and bringest from it an infinite progression
    of good,
  until thy purposes are fulfilled.
Bless me with Abraham’s faith
  that staggers not at promises through unbelief.
May I not instruct thee in my troubles,
  but glorify thee in my trials;
Grant me a distinct advance in the divine life;
  May I reach a higher platform,
  leave the mists of doubt and fear in the valley,
  and climb to hill-tops of eternal security in Christ
    by simply believing he cannot lie,
    or turn from his purpose.
Give me the confidence I ought to have in him
  who is worthy to be praised,
  and who is blessed for evermore.  Amen

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Every year I forget to do that and then you do that and then I swear I'll do it the next year and then I forget.

Put it on your Google calendar for next year. It'll remind you, unless the company goes under.

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Meh. We had it for awhile, but found we didn't watch it much, so canceled it. We don't watch current shows, and can get old shows from Amazon and YouTube. But like you said, it's not a lot to lose, so can try it. 

• Like 3