Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

We did our first Sunday of Advent candles last night with dd18's college friend who came over to see if he could borrow some cough medicine and ended up staying for leftover pizza and Advent.

Brought dd18 to school then stopped by UPS and Walgreens (for a FedEx return) and have been putzing around since then.  No one has eaten the turkey legs, so I stuck them in some water with a chopped onion to make some soup/broth.

This afternoon we have violin/viola lessons, children's choir, and Scouts.

It's cold outside.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Ugh. I'm way behind my loose "schedule." Need to go to Big Lots to get two more small boxes of lights for the tree, stop by the bank, and go to Kohl's for an Amazon return. Not necessarily in that order.

Later (in 1.5 hours!), I have two different webinars at the same time. One is a 4-week business coaching thing; the other is for teachers needing to work on their dossier to go from level 1 to 2 on their teaching license. I'll probably attend the latter.

Finally, this evening, Gymnast has a string orchestra practice. They have a concert this Saturday. Since dh changed his hours and is now getting off at 3, he can drive to orchestra practice because sunset is at 4:50(!) and I don't like driving much in the dark.

• Like 5

I guess I never made it on this morning.  Whoops.  

I got up early to meet dd to workout but then she send a message that she needed more sleep so we didn't meet up.  I didn't sleep well at all so I wasn't particularly upset.   I ate breakfast, went in to the science center early, then hid in our upstairs storage area during the first class time, when I don't teach.

I did some orbeez play with my pre-k'ers today.   It went well (as well as pre-k ever does for me).  

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 4

We just got home from ds's Accuplacer testing at the CC.

He passed both the regular Reasoning/Algebra/Statistics test AND the Advanced Algebra and Functions so can go right into College Calculus, but only needs PreCalc for his major so we'll probably stick with that.  (He's doing MUS Pre-Calc at home but is only up to Lesson 4 I think).  

He does need to take a prerequisite class in English.  He missed the required score by 2 points, at least one of which is a question he knew what they were looking for but answered "wrong" on purpose, or as he put it "out of spite".  It was about using "he/she" or "they" as a singular.  He answered "they".  

He also passed the Technology Literacy Test, whatever that is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Somehow I managed to order a set of bankers boxes that were delivered today.  I'm not sure how you accidentally order bankers boxes, but alas and alack.  They ARE useful, so I might keep them.

It was probably Isaac. The other day I tried to let him watch a fish tank video on youtube and by the time I got my phone back he'd ordered a Chevy.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Good morning!

It's the last day of NaNoWriMo!  Dd15 has about 3000 words to finish up today.

I appreciate Isaac's taste in organizational boxes.  He ordered us the perfect size for storing/moving books.

Speaking of hatchbacks, I'm taking my new old car to a Honda dealership to get it checked out.  At some point this afternoon, I need to bring some kids out to get various gifts for Christmas parties.  Other than that, I just need to get dd18 to and from school and work.

Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I groceried. Alone. In the dark. (That's the only way to go to this particular store and not have it be terribly crowded: get there by 7 AM.) It was below freezing. I bought all the things. (Actually, I left some for other people, because I am very nice. And also one cartload was expensive enough.)

I'm simultaneously planning to homeschool DS next year and checking out a charter school he probably wouldn't get into (usually 1/4 of applicants get in; it's a lottery) and that's probably too far a commute. We're going on a tour this Saturday. At least I might get some interesting ideas.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The Honda repair guy says the car is about perfect - all systems are in great condition and the brakes, battery, and tires are all like new, so I think we will keep it.  I let ds17 take it for a drive around the block.  Svengo.  Baby steps.  He was excited about getting to change the radio station, lol.

Next up is story/writing time as soon as dd15 gets back from walking the neighbor's dogs.  Then pick up dd18 from school and bring her to work.  Then do a couple misc. things and then bring everyone to Target after ds17's facetime cello lesson.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hello, I forgot to get on this morning again.   Or at least forgot to post, I'm pretty sure I read everything.  Then just forgot to post.  

It was a normal Tuesday.  Hex bugs and magna-tiles were a big hit with my Jr Maker Space class.  

Dd has decided she wants to go to class earlier with me instead of having her dad drop her off just in time for her classes.  She likes being away from home a little bit and she plays games on her 3DS in the lobby and likes when little kids want to watch.  She sees it as helping parents keep their younger kids amused.  

• Like 3