Menu

Ignore this thread!

I think we're going to buy a new mattress.  Ours is 22 or so years old, from before dh and I were married.   We got a new pillowtop a few years ago but it's probably time.  

Dh wants a Dream Cloud Premier.  They have them at a local store so we'll go try them out before making the final decision.  But they get really good reviews.  Then we'll probably take our relatively new foam topper, cut it in half and give half to each of the kids.   Eventually we'll get them new mattresses too.  

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Huh.  

33 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

That would explain a lot. 

ETA:  Huh.  A booya.  Not sure what to call this one. 

I know, right?! I was in a webinar last week about Menopause and ADHD. It was quite interesting. I think I'm going to ask Dancer if she's done with the portion of my frontal lobe she took with her, because I need it back.

Ah, found the link to the webinar and slides if ya'll are interested. It's free: https://www.additudemag.com/webinar/menopause-symptoms-adhd-estrogen-women-podcast-380/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

My feet are tired!  Dd12 and I are done cooking for the day.  I also managed to get dd18's birthday gift done (it's a photo book for high school graduation).  Chester is gnawing on a tennis ball and seems just a bit too tired to get up and ask me to throw it across the room for him.  

The exciting thing is that nobody gots a thing to do tomorrow.  No work, no school. Just cooking and loafing and maybe a bit of Christmas music practice.  And Thanksgiving decorating.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I’m having a little trouble getting work done this morning. I got a new John Grisham book in the mail yesterday. “The Judges List.” Oh my goodness. It is a thriller and I can’t put it down. Will likely finish it today and get it in the mail to BFF tomorrow.

357 pages in 24 hours. Whew!!

Points for quoting myself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

At least the adult on the sofa remembered to get up and put the turkey in the brine, where it will sit until Thursday. However, they forgot they needed to make the cornbread for the dressing, so that will have to be done tomorrow, preferably morning, so it'll have time to cool down and then soak up all the goodness of the spices the rest of the day.

I also did not go to the storage room to get the turkey pan.  Or buy green beans. Or anything to drink. So, thus, last minute shopping is in store tomorrow. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours!?!  Nobody is taking this thread seriously.

I'm up early today, went and worked out with dd. Although it was a quick-ish workout, mainly walking with just a little bit of weights.  

Today I will put away laundry, work on classes, maybe do some other cleaning.  Or maybe not.  I'm kind of tired. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Renai said:

At least the adult on the sofa remembered to get up and put the turkey in the brine, where it will sit until Thursday. However, they forgot they needed to make the cornbread for the dressing, so that will have to be done tomorrow, preferably morning, so it'll have time to cool down and then soak up all the goodness of the spices the rest of the day.

I also did not go to the storage room to get the turkey pan.  Or buy green beans. Or anything to drink. So, thus, last minute shopping is in store tomorrow. 

No one in my house likes cornbread dressing. I love it, but not enough to make it for just myself. Classic case of North vs South. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Renai said:

Godspeed, my friend!

36 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

DH didn't pull the turkey out of the freezer to thaw yesterday. It is frozen solid sitting in my sink now. Is there a safe way to thaw out a 12lb turkey by tomorrow morning?

Cold water in the sink.

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

I ordered the last Christmas gift.

Overachiever!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

I still have several gifts to order.  And many gifts to make.  I'm trying to give myself some grace and remind myself that I don't necessarily need these particular gifts to be done by Christmas.  It's OK if they are given later.  People will understand.  But still.

Dd12 is raring to go for the cooking and prep today.  I should probably get dressed.  And put away my laundry.

Coffee!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!!

Tons of work today. Willy Nelly!!  Cooking, cleaning, running to the store, post office, dropping the extra Turkey breast off to my mom because she is cooking that for me, the sky is falling, Marvin, the sky is falling!

But right now, I am lollygagging in bed with a cup of COFFEE!!!~D like a lady of leisure.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, Slache said:

We are out of food. Can we do Thanksgiving early?

48 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Yes.  Also come to my house because we have waaaaaayy too much food for the 7 of us.

You could come by here, too. I think we’re going to have like five pies and waaay too much Turkey and dressing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

No one in my house likes cornbread dressing. I love it, but not enough to make it for just myself. Classic case of North vs South. 

The fact that *I* like it is enough for me to make it, lol! There's enough to make two small pans. One goes in the freezer for Christmas, and tastes 5x better because the spices have more time to sit. 😄 

1 hour ago, Slache said:

We are out of food. Can we do Thanksgiving early?

I saw a meme the other day saying the kitchen was officially closed until Thanksgiving and everyone can eat cereal. Try that?

24 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Good morning!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!!

Tons of work today. Willy Nelly!!  Cooking, cleaning, running to the store, post office, dropping the extra Turkey breast off to my mom because she is cooking that for me, the sky is falling, Marvin, the sky is falling!

But right now, I am lollygagging in bed with a cup of COFFEE!!!~D like a lady of leisure.

What is up with us not getting up this morning? I've been awake, but just rolling out of bed. I wanted to get to the store by 8:30 and now it's going on 9.

17 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I haven't bought any Christmas gifts yet. That rat race doesn't start until Dec 1st.

I was concerned about the issues with shipping and shortages, so decided to get ordering done. Well, actually, I usually do have most shopping done by now... I wanted to be EXTRA sure this year though...😐 yeah, that's it... I don't know what I'm saying anymore.

I've just remembered that I'm making chilaquiles tonight.

On the list today is bank, storage room (don't want to buy what I already have), store , post office. Hmm, post office is waaaay on the other side of town. I should start there and work my way back to the house: post office, bank, storage room, store. Yeah, that'll work.

• Like 6

I'm such a horrible mom! We forgot to eat! My poor, skinny child. We stopped by McD's, and now leaving the storage rooms. I don't have to buy a turkey pan! Now to the post office and everywhere else. This will be easier since everywhere else is in the same vicinity. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Renai said:

I'm such a horrible mom! We forgot to eat! My poor, skinny child. We stopped by McD's, and now leaving the storage rooms. I don't have to buy a turkey pan! Now to the post office and everywhere else. This will be easier since everywhere else is in the same vicinity. 

I've had a hankering for New Mexico lately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Renai said:

The fact that *I* like it is enough for me to make it, lol! There's enough to make two small pans. One goes in the freezer for Christmas, and tastes 5x better because the spices have more time to sit. 😄 

This is my policy, lol.

I saw a meme the other day saying the kitchen was officially closed until Thanksgiving and everyone can eat cereal. Try that?

Absolutely.  Imma try this!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1