Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 birds, 1 stone moment*: The pantry is kind of full. The bottom shelf of the fridge is short and deep, and stuff gets pushed to the back and nobody sees it and it doesn't get used. Solution to both: Moved canned fruit, which is better cold anyway, to the back of that shelf so nothing fresh can go very far back.

*Yeah, the phrasing is not ideal, coming from your avian friend.

Oh hey, we've lost the ability to type in different sizes and colors, haven't we?

Edited by Carolina Wren
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, maize said:

I just heard a rather loud crash from upstairs. Should I go investigate?

In one of my first experiences with homeschooling I was being discipled at the home of a woman from our church. There was a very loud crash upstairs. Like the house could have been damaged kind of crash. Everyone at the kitchen table froze and you heard two boys (14 and 16) yell "We're ok!" She looked at me and said "They're doing science," and then continued on as if it was a completely normal experience. I now understand. That was a completely normal experience.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

EdPo:

Science Lab Tip:

I have found that the 32 oz. smooth sided canning jars that I bought (before the pandemic made them hard to find and expensive) have been perfect.  I bought a dozen, but so far I've only needed six.  They were really useful for the Apologia experiments that call for "a large drinking glass".  Having the much larger jar really helped when there were foaming reactions or when something needed to be stirred by a child. 

• Like 5

Morning.  I've kind of been just popping in every so often this week.  Not sure why I've been feeling pressed for time.  Maybe just the chaos around here.   Progress is not moving very fast on the house.  We may need to find a way to organize better than it is right now.  This may go on for weeks if the weather doesn't start cooperating.  

Classes are going well.  We are already getting ready for next session.  We're changing a few things that haven't been working that well.  

• Like 6

Arg!  We just got an email saying the kids' orchestra concerts might be mid-November as originally scheduled, BUT might also be changed to some time in mid-December!  I am so ready to pull them out.  I turned down an ACTUAL PAYING GIG just last night due to the November concerts.  

I think imma call the lady back and tell her I will play the gig.  If there is some question as to the kids' orchestra concerts happening in November, I'm going to assume they will be cancelled or at least delayed.

Imma move to Sweden.

• Sad 4

Ds3 fell asleep before 5:00 yesterday evening and slept for twelve hours.

Which was fabulous until we got to the part about him getting me up at 5:00 this morning 🤣

At least he's in a good mood today.

Edited by maize
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Spudater said:

My list of errands reached critical mass this week so I've been trying to check off as many as I can. I wonder if walmart has kids snow boots in yet.

Lol! Our Wal-Mart has life vests and innertubes.

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

People are not taking this thread seriously!

Nope.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We're having Slachey's favorite for dinner tonight - bratwurst with baked tomatoes & sauerkraut. 😂 I remembered to add the Swiss cheese.

We're having kielbasa, potatoes and sauerkraut because my husband hates me. I haven't had this in years. It's been wonderful. Halp.

• Sad 1