Menu

Ignore this thread!

7 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

So I always said that once I wasn't actively parenting and homeschooling anymore that my house would be put together and clean.  I lied. 

There's a meme about this and the pandemic. People didn't leave their houses for weeks. No one's house is clean we've all gained weight. We all lied about everything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I did all the things and cooked all the food. Now I'm feeling exhausted, not hungry, and I really want to just take a shower and go to bed. Things aren't smelling right after cooking. But that might be because I found some bad sausage in the refrigerator and tossed that stinky stuff, and now I don't want to smell anything else.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I had the dermatologist look at my toenail.  She said it may try to fall off, but suggests that if it comes to that, to use medical tape to keep it on for as long as possible.

What's for dinner?  We're having creamy chicken tacos.

Honey garlic chicken thighs in the crock pot. With rice. And green beans on the side.

• Thanks 4

I am trying to care about the World Series this year.   One of my teams won last year, so this year, was kind of anticlimactic even without Covid.  We don't have anything to watch tv with anymore, and the only other person in our family who likes baseball stayed at college all summer.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Junie said:

I am trying to care about the World Series this year.   One of my teams won last year, so this year, was kind of anticlimactic even without Covid.  We don't have anything to watch tv with anymore, and the only other person in our family who likes baseball stayed at college all summer.

Well, one of my girlfriends asked me if the World Series even counted this year.🤣 IMO, if the Dodgers are in it, it counts.

• Like 2

Morning. Coffee.

Anybody else only capable of bad dreams? I was flying to Paris... and my purse was missing. And the plane was laid out like several living rooms, and nobody had masks, and people from DH's hometown wanted me to sit with them but I just wanted to figure out if my purse was in a stowed carry-on or not, and my college roommate gave me a crumpled $10 (yes, US) and wanted me to buy her a stapler ASAP, and the plane landed on a highway without anybody else even noticing, as I was figuring out how to ask in French whether the phone chargers were compatible with my phone. Really, brain? This is how you dream of an international vacation? 🙄

Edited by Carolina Wren
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

The cat is playing soccer on the tile floor with the lid of a glue stick. That think really goes.

Chester's favorite toy is a large plastic jar that used to hold peanut butter powder.  He loves pouncing on it and chasing it around the living room until it gets stuck under the sofa.

• Like 3

Good morning!

I really love my new nightstand clock radio, but I accidentally turned on the alarm for this morning, and that thing is LOUD!  I think there is a way to turn down the alarm volume but I have to find the instruction booklet.

There are Some Things that need to be done or at least started that I have been avoiding and I should really get to some of them today.  My goal is to get 1 Thing done before the cello lesson this morning.

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had a dream that I woke up from this morning.  I have no idea what was happening except that I was trying to check out from Target but the line kept looping and never ended.  And there was a dinner and a fire but I have no idea how they were related.

A few weeks ago I was signing ASL in my dream.  That was kind of cool. :)

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Junie said:

I had a dream that I woke up from this morning.  I have no idea what was happening except that I was trying to check out from Target but the line kept looping and never ended.  And there was a dinner and a fire but I have no idea how they were related.

A few weeks ago I was signing ASL in my dream.  That was kind of cool. 🙂

That sounds about right for Target, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Æthelflæd said:

Bookie, I would like you to know that because of your Terminator post I watched Terminator Dark Fate, which I had really been looking forward to seeing, and it turned out it was one of the dumbest movie ever. I was mad at myself for watching it afterward and really mad at James Cameron. I mean, there were just so many dumb, inconsistent points I was 🤬 at the screen and kept texting my dd about all the stupid parts. Then I watched Terminator to wash Dark Fate out of my brain. And then I started T2 last night because I actually think it was peak Cameron. 

We are still rolling with the Not Cooking Plan. Full school was accomplished and iTired. 

T2 is definitely the best one.

Hello! I'm overwhelmed by House Things and Educating People but I am alive, as per regulations. Hugs and love and prayers!

Toto, are you taking before and after pictures? Wanna share 'em?

Jean, are you taking before and after pictures? Wanna share 'em? 

Susan, wear the dress!

• Like 6

I completed 3 Things.  4th Thing will not be done today, but that's OK.  We finished Anne of Green Gables - dh came up and listened to the last couple chapters because it's one of his favorites, too.  We are moving on to a bit of Shakespeare next for story time - Romeo and Juliet.

Gyros and lemon rice is for dinner.  The three middles have youth group, so they will probably have pizza there.  I promised to save some gyros leftovers for them.

• Like 2

Go outside and look South to see Saturn, Jupiter, and the moon all lined up.  

It's s Lunar Conjunction Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Junie said:

I took a quick trip outside, but couldn't find the moon.  I saw some stars and airplanes, so it's not super cloudy.

Maybe we don't have a moon here anymore. 😞

The moon was never real! Get with it. The projector must be broken.

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, Junie said:

I took a quick trip outside, but couldn't find the moon.  I saw some stars and airplanes, so it's not super cloudy.

Maybe we don't have a moon here anymore. 😞

I think the moon might have set already.  Or the projector broke.  You'll have another chance tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2