Menu

Ignore this thread!

16 minutes ago, Hadley said:

May I join y’all?  I could really use a happy place, and you always seem to be having such fun!

I’ll bring the sugar and milk for the coffee.  I also have IV bags for those of us who prefer our coffee delivered more efficiently.

Um YEAH!! Welcome, Hadley, and thanks for the coffee stuff!

• Like 3

Good morning!

Slache, I want to hear the story behind your dad’s broken ribs. 

I woke up way too early and then puppy started making noise. My grocery list is ready. I’ll head to Aldi after dropping off the kids at tutorial, then meet with Health Coach Lady, then Publix for a couple things, then home for lunch. 

Coffee!

• Like 2

Thanks!  I can also add some pretzels and peanuts to the breakfast offerings.  I MIGHT have just eaten all of the peanut butter chips and M&Ms out of a bag of trail mix.  Breakfast of Champions!  

I have a plumber coming this morning for round three of trying to figure out what is dripping through the ceiling in my entryway.  I shall then travel into plague country to get my flu shot.  Good day planned.  I truly deserved the breakfast M&Ms.

Happy day to all!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Slache, I want to hear the story behind your dad’s broken ribs. 

I don't know because he doesn't like talking about it. He was on a worksite, I assume doing new plunking work, got buried by probably dirt and no one noticed. I don't understand because it happened at about 10 and no one noticed until lunch so it could not be what I'm imagining. He had broken ribs, a few broken bones and permanent lung damage.

8 minutes ago, Hadley said:

This thread makes me want a puppy!

Am I the only one who now has to iron a mask every morning??  It’s getting more and more surreal...Or is that just my crazy at play?  Dang things get so wadded up in the wash...

That would be the crazy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Good morning. Coffee.

Welcome, Hadley! Our masks don't get crumply in the wash, so no ironing here.

I have killed so many plants. Can't even grow oregano. I have a bamboo hanging in there--I think it'll be 13 or 14 at Christmas--next to the sink, giving disappointed looks because it's out of room to grow, and that's it.

Cleaning week is working great. Except the person who said I needed to call yesterday couldn't talk, said she'd call me back, and didn't. 🙄 Yes, this is why I like email....

• Like 5

I suspected I was alone in this particular crazy😜 !

And I just saw another mention of a puppy!  So fun!

Fall is wonderful, isn’t it?!

I’m off to deal with the plumber.  Thanks for the welcomes.  Have a great day, all!

• Like 7

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday Eve!!!

Today is DH’s Nirthday!!! The kids gave him presents.❤️ They must have snuck down in the middle of the night and put them at his place at the table, Lots of poetry and sweet Homemade  cards and stuffed animals and gum.

School and work today. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Hadley said:

May I join y’all?  I could really use a happy place, and you always seem to be having such fun!

I’ll bring the sugar and milk for the coffee.  I also have IV bags for those of us who prefer our coffee delivered more efficiently.

Welcome, Hadley.

• Like 4

Good Morning.   Happy Thursday.

I don't iron.  I may have at some point in the past ironed a shirt or two (literally only one or two) shirts for dh, but other than that the only time I iron is when I'm making Halloween costumes and have no choice.    Some of our masks get pretty wrinkled since they are quilters cotton but we just flatten them out with hands and deal with the wrinkles.  

We made it through the mask debacle week.  Other than the one memorable incident (calling me a Nazi), we had a few people quit, one kid that was fine once she was firmly told she needed to wear it, and one very nice face shield.   So, not too bad.

Today I start late, except I'm already here because dd and I met for yoga today.  Theoretically once I finish my tea, I'll go do some cleaning up, like rinsing the dishes I washed yesterday morning, and get set up for the day.   I'm doing some rearranging this weekend now that we've been at it a few weeks I have some ideas for what will work better.  I also have to redo dd's room because I'm taking down these very annoying, open sides, plank bookcases dd has and replacing them with some of the cubes that I'm removing from the science center.    I think it will make her room look less cluttered, plus I"m sure there are all kinds of things that she no longer wants/needs in her room.   We kind of have to deal with the bookcases so dh can get to the window to replace them, so we have an excuse for this big project. 

I came home yesterday and half the deck was gone.  Turns out underneath it was a continuation of the slate patio.  If it went the whole way I would like to just keep that, but it only goes under part of it.    New patio isn't on the agenda until next year.   

Siding is coming down and windows getting replaced next week, then new insulation and boards, then wrapping the house until the new siding comes in December, then dh and I will put that up.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday Eve!!!

Today is DH’s Nirthday!!! The kids gave him presents.❤️ They must have snuck down in the middle of the night and put them at his place at the table, Lots of poetry and sweet Homemade  cards and stuffed animals and gum.

School and work today. 

That’s so sweet!  ❤️  Happy Nirthday mr Krissi!  

• Like 3

Hi, Hadley!

Happy nirthday, Mr. Krissi!

I like the idea of ironing, but I never do it. I don't even own an iron right now. The last one was decluttered some time ago. I've made it a point to only buy clothes that can be machine washed and dried, because I never ever ever make time for special laundry of any kind.

Our masks are very crumpled.

I kill plants, too. In fact, once when we were renting a trailer, the front office was giving away sunflower seeds to beautify the lots. We went in to get some and baby Reader (maybe 3 years old?) walks in and brightly says, "Can we have some plants for my mom to kill?" So there you go.

I took a covid test today. In a few days we'll know if it's the mahunga (what Dave calls coronavirus) or if it's just the worst cold ever.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I have an hour.  What should I do?

choices:  take a walk with puppy    
                work on embroidery project    
                read book with coffee      
                practice mandolin

38 minutes ago, Lovely Bookishness said:

Read book with coffee, of course

33 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

ITT with coffee!

I ended up practicing mandolin.  Really just trying out a couple new tunes.  There's a lovely Appalachian tune called Down In A Willow Garden but the lyrics tell the story of a guy who poisoned his girlfriend and went to hang for it.  😳

And then I folded and put away laundry with coffee.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The quiet time alarm is in Mary's room and there's a hardwood hallway between them. Every day you hear her door fly open, her slide across the hall in her socks, fling the door open and proclaim that quiet time has ended. Every day. Door, slide, door, proclamation. Door, slide, door, proclamation. Door, slide, door, proclamation. Today was door, slide, CRASH.

Oops.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I used to do investigations for an engineering company and people would tell me the most incriminating things. “Right over there is where we dump the hazardous waste!”  I was always open about who I was working for and why,  so it’s not like I was tricking them. 

You're very good at your job.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We had dinner. Now I am waiting for DH to come home and we can have his birthday pie. I made an apple pie. With a double crust. Usually I make a French crust because I hate dealing with pie crust, but I decided I needed to become better at something, so... double crust it is. I really stink at fluting the edges.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I ended up practicing mandolin.  Really just trying out a couple new tunes.  There's a lovely Appalachian tune called Down In A Willow Garden but the lyrics tell the story of a guy who poisoned his girlfriend and went to hang for it.  😳

And then I folded and put away laundry with coffee.  

That song sounds like it should go with Slashie's riddle. Gardens and killing people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, myblessings4 said:

We're home from the pumpkin farm.  We hay rided and corn mazed.  And ate a most delicious all fruit strawberry popsicle!  The farm is a pick your own berry farm.  In the spring.  Tomorrow's Friday already!  We're not going hiking since the weather forecast shows thunderstorms.  I have lots to do here, anyway.  I'm tired.  

That sounds like fun. I need to do something fall-ish. But it’s still hot here and there’s mosquitoes all over the place. I’ve got tons of bites.. As if we needed something else to make our lives miserable around here. I think they forgot to spray down at the river. We usually don’t have a lot of mosquitoes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Bad news, good news.

Bad news: We canceled our annual Disneyland trip. ::weeps big puppy dog tears:: But [insert political swearing], so we'll just save our tickets for next year.

Good news: All arrangements have been made for Walt Disney World, instead, because the Right Coast Mouse is better than no Mouse at all (we prefer the Left Coast Mouse). Only 60 days to go!

That is all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/7/2020 at 3:58 PM, Slache said:

I enter the garden. There are 34 people. You kill 30. How many people are in the garden?

12 hours ago, Slache said:

One. The murder scene was irrelevant to the garden scene.

In common English usage, the word "there" would refer to the garden which had just been mentioned.  So, I would say it's very poor communication more than a riddle, imnsho.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Good morning!

I now have two holes in the front room ceiling, and three-fourths of my laundry room wall has been removed.  Still no idea where the leak is coming from...We thought we had located it in June, and had all the original ceiling patches repaired, only to have it start dripping through the ceiling this week.

In other news, my husband decided to ‘fix’ something with our gas fireplace this morning, in spite of my pleas to leave it alone...home repair is NOT one of his many talents.

I’m now spending the day with a contractor and a gas fireplace repairman.  At least I won’t be lonely.

I’m gonna need more M&Ms.  And coffee.

Off to iron my daily mask🤣.

May I ask for prayers here?  My husband still has his head in our gas fireplace...and a big box of matches...

Edited by Hadley
  • Like 3
  • Sad 6

I can keep English Ivy and Philodendrons alive.  Because they are super easy and very forgiving.   I can do okay with succulents if I forget about them and semi-neglect them.  If I'm trying to be good about taking care of them, I kill them. 

Morning, Happy Friday.    Two classes today then lots of cleaning work over the weekend. 

• Like 4