Menu

Ignore this thread!

13 minutes ago, ikslo said:

DH and I are going to exploring to look for a side table for the lanai. The newly painted chairs need a side table I decided. Something cute but cheap. As in if I see something by the side of the road it’s in contention kind of cheap. Bonus points if it’s kitschy.

Oh how fun!  I'm never successful at something like that (ahem, patient enough) but I can't wait to see what you find!

Also, I like your new (?), shiny, efficient signature! 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, ikslo said:

That’s good, right?

Yes. They are stressful at the best of times, but right now I still haven't healed from my surgery, we do not have a car that fits the whole family, my health is absolutely in the toilet at the moment, we are under a lot of stress from not working from the pandemic... I don't want visitors. And honestly I'm not sure I could come up with the money for the whole Thanksgiving spread for 10 people.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, ikslo said:

DH and I are going to exploring to look for a side table for the lanai. The newly painted chairs need a side table I decided. Something cute but cheap. As in if I see something by the side of the road it’s in contention kind of cheap. Bonus points if it’s kitschy.

That’s really cool. I can’t wait to see what you come up with. Just make sure it’s not a dead opossum. Sometimes you see them on the side of the road.🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Slache said:

Yes. They are stressful at the best of times, but right now I still haven't healed from my surgery, we do not have a car that fits the whole family, my health is absolutely in the toilet at the moment, we are under a lot of stress from not working from the pandemic... I don't want visitors. And honestly I'm not sure I could come up with the money for the whole Thanksgiving spread for 10 people.

Yay for in laws not coming.  Hugs for how hard everything still is.  💓

• Like 5

I'm sorry to see so many people leave.  😞 

We're on to Plan B for our day.   They had to cut the circuit for an outside light while ripping apart the wall and it also cut the internet, tv, etc.   So kids and I are hanging out at the science center.  I can still sit with my foot up, get some class work done, but no laundry until later.  I guess between tonight and tomorrow I should still be able to get it all done.   Bad thing is I sorted it in the tub and all over the bathroom floor since there was no where else to do it, so when dh is ready to take a shower after working all day, that will have to be moved.  Oops.  

We ordered Panera for lunch.   It was a great day when I found out they would deliver to the science center.  

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Æthelflæd said:

In sad news, Servie has disappeared her account and it happened so fast she did not get a chance to say good-bye, so I am saying good-bye to all of you wonderful ladies in her stead.  

😢 Bye Servie!!  Praying for you, especially in this difficult time of year.

• Like 4

The headache pain is mostly gone, but I'm still suffering the brain fog that comes after some of my migraines.  This probably would not be the best time to get caught up on grading...

Another major item on my to-do list was to clean up the house a bit -- putting things back where they belong -- but that's too much bending down and moving around.  My headache would spike for sure.

Maybe I'll just go read a book.  And take a nap.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Afternoon. It's sunny, and quiet, and I would sure like a nap. The cats woke me up around 3, and didn't let me have more than fifteen minutes of sleep at a time until the alarm went off at six. The cause of the restlessness? 

They could see the bottom of the food bowl. The horror.

I plan to do chores, write, paint, and crash early tonight.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

I have an ambitious to-do list and a raging headache.  These two things are not compatible.

Same. Sorry, friend. I'm glad your headache has improved some since this post. 🥰

5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

It is dh's birthday today so I was up extra early (later than Lynn, though!) snd took the pup for a walk and made birthday breakfast - baked French toast (aka bread pudding)   and bacon and corned beef hash.  

We're going on a short hike in a little bit and then dh will fiddle with his birthday present (a record player) until dinner.

Coffee!

Happy nirthday, Susan's dh!

4 hours ago, Slache said:

In laws are officially not coming for Thanksgiving.

Would a happy dance be inappropriate?

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Saturday!!!!

I slept late this morning!!!

Going to My Aunt’s for lunch today for mY Mom’s birthday, which is today.

Today is supposed to be the last hot day. Next week the temps are supposed to go down to seasonal.

Happy nirthday, Krissi's mom!

2 hours ago, Æthelflæd said:

Bookie, this is just for you. XOXO, Gen X

Thanks for this, lol. I've never seen it. (I'm a first wave millenial, but I'm not a very good one.)

I told Dave that having more than 1 project going at a time stresses me out, so he disassembled the sink guts to try to install the dishwasher. That would have been fine, except the guy who delivered the dishwasher said we didn't need the tubes and cords we had also ordered, so he kindly returned them for me, and then it turned out we did actually need them, after all. The local hardware store didn't have what we needed, which took 2 attempts to discover, so I offered to stop at Lowe's when I went to the big town a half hour away to get groceries. Lowe's used up all the time I had for all errands, so I'm home now and still have to grocery shop, but a nasty headache has sidelined me.

While I was gone, Dave took apart the oven, began to disassemble the deck, and made the laundry machines currently inoperable.

I may scream.

(In all fairness, we bought the fixer-upper version of "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie." He really was trying to do just 1 job while he waited for me to get back from Lowe's.) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

10 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Booyah!

Counterintuitive homeschooling life lesson: every time I try to make things fun it seems to blow up in my face. I decided to have LL give geography presentation s about what she would do if she won an all expenses paid trip to different areas. She literally made a slide saying "I'm not interested in any festivals or cultural events in Asia" 🧐🤦🙄😒

With you 100%.  😆 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Booyah!

Counterintuitive homeschooling life lesson: every time I try to make things fun it seems to blow up in my face. I decided to have LL give geography presentation s about what she would do if she won an all expenses paid trip to different areas. She literally made a slide saying "I'm not interested in any festivals or cultural events in Asia" 🧐🤦🙄😒

I don't do fun and I don't do moving parts. I have found that my immensely boring, efficient approach has led to them doing fun, school oriented things in their free time and I take full credit for that when questioned on my methods. 🤠

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Junie said:

I *finally* finished reading Les Miserables.  I began reading it last November and just finished it today.  I had seen the movie so I already had an idea of what was going to happen.  I just enjoyed slowly walking through the story.

That’s impressive. I could never stick with a story that long.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Spudater said:

Booyah!

I don’t try to make things fun. Too much effort for too little payoff. I just stick with pleasant and hopefully interesting.

• Like 4

I gave up on fun projects a long time ago.  The kids aren't really interested, they just want 'get it done' when it comes to school.  The only hands-on thing they do for school is science.  Everything else is pretty much reading and outlining/summarizing.   They do their own art stuff.  

• Like 4

My "stay off your feet as much as possible" day yesterday I got over 6,000 steps.    I'm going to do better today.  Finish up the laundry but sit working on classes the rest of the time.   I ended up having to change my dressing a day early (was supposed to wait 48 hours) because it was coming loose probably from shoving my foot in my shoes.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Good Morning!!!
COFFEE!!!!~D

Sunday!!!

Inwoke up earlier than intended and then got up because I hurt. Getting old is not for sissies. I think I slept wrong, or something.

Church today and then I think I will take DD to Target in the Big City to the South (as opposed to the regular Big City that we usually go to, which is to the North of us. Mileage and time wise we are right in the middle of the two, but for some reason we usually go north) because she is leaving Friday night on the 8th Grade East Coast Trip, which should have been last Spring, but Covid shut down, and she needs a few things for the trip and I just cannot stomach going to The Afsa. Target is’t really my cup of tea anymore, either, but it’s better than The Afsa and I think there’s a Hobby Lobby down the street, too, but now that I think about it, they won’t be open because it is Sunday.

• Like 3

I do projects that are fun for me. LOL. Other than that, no. 

Picked up a lovely cluster of acorns on my morning walk that I want to put into a still life somehow. I think I'll sketch them and see how they might fit into something I would love to assemble and paint together sometime. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I do projects that are fun for me. LOL. Other than that, no. 

Picked up a lovely cluster of acorns on my morning walk that I want to put into a still life somehow. I think I'll sketch them and see how they might fit into something I would love to assemble and paint together sometime. 

Make sure you show us what you have done with them when you are finished. I love seeing your work!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DorothyNJ said:

I gave up on fun projects a long time ago.  The kids aren't really interested, they just want 'get it done' when it comes to school.  The only hands-on thing they do for school is science.  Everything else is pretty much reading and outlining/summarizing.   They do their own art stuff.  

Fun stuff just isn't so fun when it is required. Makes sense to me to get required stuff done quickly so you have time for "fun and interesting to me" stuff.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, DorothyNJ said:

My "stay off your feet as much as possible" day yesterday I got over 6,000 steps.    I'm going to do better today.  Finish up the laundry but sit working on classes the rest of the time.   I ended up having to change my dressing a day early (was supposed to wait 48 hours) because it was coming loose probably from shoving my foot in my shoes.  

I plan my day on paper in the evening. This enables me to do less the next day. If I'm doing the kids laundry I make sure they've collected it all. If I'm doing school I make sure the cabinet is organized. Anything I need from outside the house can be gathered before hubby isn't home to do it.

• Like 5

Good morning!  

I do school as school and sometimes things are fun and interesting and sometimes not.  In general, I use materials and activities that I like and/or find interesting.  Otherwise I try to follow the Critter method of allowing as much free time for exploration as possible.

I was in a major rush getting ready for church this morning because I discovered a run in my sweater that was an easy fix but still took 10 minutes.  I am wearing my new black boots and they are warm and surprisingly comfortable.  

We are trying to coordinate everyone to be available for 5 minutes this afternoon to have cake and sing happy birthday to dh - not so easy to schedule when ds25 is working until 2:15ish and dd22 needs to drive back to the university and ds15 and dd17 have zoom orchestra rehearsals at 2 and 3:20.  

Coffee!

• Like 4