Menu

Ignore this thread!

I have dealt with things including Monday soup, short walk around the cul-de-sac with pup, paying bills by mail and online, cleaning Wally (the robot vac), and making a Phone Call.

It is time for my annual On-The-Road-For-Christmas Hotel Hunt, though this year we will need to find a hotel that will allow a dog.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Spudater said:

The kids are watching The World's Most Dangerous Ways to School. They're fascinated but I kinda want to cry at the thought of these little kids barely more than babies risking their lives like that. We're so lucky.

Why do you watch things that make you sad!?

• Like 3

Afternoon. I am doing all the things. It's incredibly windy and we have fire danger posted (because it's dry and windy). So much for a bonfire in October. We'll wait for November. Bigger chance there will be plenty of rain to make things safe. It's a huge brush pile. We need a lot of rain to make it safe.

My thoughts on the dog is Catahoula Mix.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Junie said:

At least he didn't pray for triplets.  That's what my ds prayed for once upon a time.  He figured that having triplets would increase his odds of getting a brother.  (He got three more sisters over a period of six years.)

They prayed for twins, one of each. I told them the pregnancy from twins would be so hard I'd hand them each one and go to bed until they were potty trained.

7 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

What happened?  It was beautiful a couple hours ago!

Mary happened.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

So the kitchen ceiling has been mostly knocked down.  Tomorrow I start bagging construction debris.  It was interesting to remember that the last time we did this level of construction was when I was pregnant with my almost 19 year old.  Hauling the big bags of construction debris sent me into contractions and my OB/GYN yelled at me for trying to be "Xena".  I am almost 19 years older now but I"m also not pregnant, so it might even out.  😉 I am still trying to be Xena. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Junie said:

We finished Esther last night (I love Esther!) and tonight we began Luke.

Ooooo. I had a pastor who rotated old and new testament. Maybe we should do that.

7 hours ago, Junie said:

After the younger two went to bed we watched Maleficent.  I really enjoyed this one. 🙂

I loved that one. The sequel, too, and I never say that. My favorite in the new live action thing is Cinderella. I did not care for the cartoon, but the live action has got to be one of my top 5 movies of all time.

• Like 4

Our construction has been on hold for two days due to rain.   Dh is going to end up working from home when he can't work on the house, then working on the house whenever he can.  Evidently his boss is fine with this because he still gets all his work done.

I'm not okay with it because that means my house is going to be a disheveled wreck longer, but it's not like I can control the weather so I guess I just go with it. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

I need a name for a class.   My other teacher does classes called Pre-K Explorers and Junior Scientists.   When the new session starts, I'm going to be switching some classes to the "Junior Science" type, which is a general explore science class for K-2nd graders.   It's always been my most popular classes since I started doing this.   I want the Jr Science classes I teach to be called something different than the ones she teaches because I've had people ask about doing both.   This is certainly possible because we have VERY different styles and things we do, but I dont' want to have to keep explaining that.  She does themes, with songs, games, experiments, etc. I tend to do very messy experiments/demonstrations randomly.   I don't want to change the name of her classes because she's already been doing them this year, mine will be new so I'd rather use a different name for mine.  

Help? 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Slache said:

Ooooo. I had a pastor who rotated old and new testament. Maybe we should do that.

I loved that one. The sequel, too, and I never say that. My favorite in the new live action thing is Cinderella. I did not care for the cartoon, but the live action has got to be one of my top 5 movies of all time.

We didn't rotate on purpose.  Someone asked for Job and I said no. 😉

And I'm glad to hear that the sequel is good, too.  I'm always afraid of sequels. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning!

My dad had to go to the ER last night because something dropped on his head and gave him a giant gash.  My mom texted pictures.  Gah.  He's doing OK.

Dd14 and I went to the Slow Jam last night.  We played some fun tunes, and learned that there are words to, and a whole legend behind the song Red Wing.

Lessons today, more zoom orchestra tonight.  I need to make a phone call and deal with a couple emails.

Coffee!

• Like 2

In other news, my shoulder pain made a sudden appearance this morning.  It was severe enough that I was having trouble breathing.  I had it x-rayed the last time it popped up and there wasn't anything to see there, so I am wondering where I should take it to get looked at.    

I feel pretty certain that it's nerve pain, and it seems weirdly connected to my digestive system.  (I think the breathing issue is only because my lungs expanding must somehow press on the nerve area.  Once the ibuprofin kicked in, I could breath fine.)

I suppose it could be a tendon or something.  The pain generally comes on very suddenly and goes away after a day or two.  And then I'm fine for 6 months or a year.

Is this something I should take to a chiropractor?  There are a couple highly reputable ones in my area who do scans and whatnot.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I don't think it's heart related.  I checked into pancreatitis, but I don't have any other symptoms.  Being a violinist, I kind of expect to have shoulder and/or neck issues, so that's kind of where I'm starting - it just seems to hit so randomly.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

I have to go four different places today and there will be no time for a nap and I was so stressed out about it I couldn't go to sleep til midnight last night. I might have to break ITT rules. ☠️

Just to remind you...

whitehawk, on 22 May 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

ITT rule Section WTM-4.6J, No ITTer shall die for any reason.

--------------------------------

1 hour ago, 30 May 2018 - 3:13 PM ikslo said:

One can say yes to mint juleps.  ITT rule WTM 56.96.

------------------------------

ThatBookwormMom, on 19 Jan 2018 - 6:56 PM, said:

There need be no valid reason for chocolate. Chocolate is its own reason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, DorothyNJ said:

I need a name for a class.   My other teacher does classes called Pre-K Explorers and Junior Scientists.   When the new session starts, I'm going to be switching some classes to the "Junior Science" type, which is a general explore science class for K-2nd graders.   It's always been my most popular classes since I started doing this.   I want the Jr Science classes I teach to be called something different than the ones she teaches because I've had people ask about doing both.   This is certainly possible because we have VERY different styles and things we do, but I dont' want to have to keep explaining that.  She does themes, with songs, games, experiments, etc. I tend to do very messy experiments/demonstrations randomly.   I don't want to change the name of her classes because she's already been doing them this year, mine will be new so I'd rather use a different name for mine.  

Help? 

Pint-size Scientists?

Fizz-Bang Science?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Dorothy, how about science apprentice?

speaking of Dads, @Slache how is yours?

Susan, have you investigated cardiac related issues?  Heart issues can present differently in women. 💓

Spuds!  4 places!  Svengo!

He's fine. It's a surgery that he has needed for a long time and he's not going to have it until he has the money for it. 

• Like 2

Well, it has been a fun and exciting morning. I took DD to school and on the way my tire pressure light came on. I am proud of myself for not panicking, I was not far from her school, so I drove near there and parked on a side street where I was safe. DD got out and walked the rest of the way. I had a large nail in my tire. I called DH, who works 45 minutes away, but still offered to come change it for me. Instead I called DS who was a 15 minute skateboard ride away (so glad we live in a small town) and he changed my tire for me. We drove to Les Schwab and they are fixing it.  I am proud of myself because I have a tendency to freak out when things like this happen and I was very calm this time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3