Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 minutes ago, Junie said:

:ohmy:

This was worthy of looking for an emoji.  I am shocked.  You need to visit Pennsylvania. 🙂

I lived there for 7 years without having to try it. 🙂

Also, I take my cheesesteak with just steak, cheese, and yellow mustard on bread.

#picky

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Carolina Wren said:

Mustard by itself is not a great meal.

No, it is not.  However, it was what my father gave my sister and me for lunch one day.  I guess he had no food in the house.  We drew pictures on the formica table with the mustard squeeze bottle, and then used our fingers to scoop up the mustard and eat it. 😞

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I don’t like sauerkraut. I’ve never had it before, but the name is off-putting. 

It is sour and has a very strong flavor so it overpowers the entire meal. If you don't like it then you will hate the whole meal. Like me.

But not this time. Heeheehee!!

I'm recovering.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I ignore my German heritage.  I embrace my (non) Japanese heritage.  😉 

I cook almost all of our meals separated.  That way the kids can choose what parts of the meal they want.  It makes life easier in the long run.

• Like 3

I would love to visit Pennsylvania.

It's nice there.  We mostly drive through on our way to NY, but we stayed in Philly for a couple days a while back.  Also, we drove through Scranton and went to The Office gift shop in Cooper's Seafood.  It was awesome!

Dh has been to Pittsburg a couple times for work and says it is a very nice city.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

It's nice there.  We mostly drive through on our way to NY, but we stayed in Philly for a couple days a while back.  Also, we drove through Scranton and went to The Office gift shop in Cooper's Seafood.  It was awesome!

Dh has been to Pittsburg a couple times for work and says it is a very nice city.

Philadelphia isn't Pennsylvania. (Just kidding.  Sort of.)

And I've never been to Pittsburgh.  It's a good 5 hours away from where I grew up.

I've never been to Scranton, either, but my grandpa was from near there.

Pennsylvania is a huge state.  Not as big as Texas, but it is really, really big.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Coffee comin' up!

I've never had sauerkraut.  But didn't they used to serve it in the school lunch cafeteria?  I'm sure it wasn't a very good sample, but I never ate it there either.  But that's what I think of when I hear it.  A scoop on a mint green mellamine lunch tray.  

Co-op day.  😱  Must start moving faster!

So, I had a bug bite on my foot.  So, I was looking for something to kill it and found "Ivy Dry" in the medicine cabinet.  Now, a week later, I have an itchy red patch with bumps.  I'm wondering if the Ivy Dry turned my bug bite into poison ivy.  😜    I switched to a benadryl cream - but I can't tell if it actually has steroid in it or if it's just Benadryl Brand.  (#can'treadingredients  #oldageproblems )  I seem to have a pattern of pro-longed recovery from skin irritations.    

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Good morning!

The Big Excitement around here today is that dd22 is coming home for fall break. 🎉 I took the pup for a short walk in the park, and noticed how much better he has gotten at walking.  He is still very curious and especially interested in blowing leaves, but I would say we actually got a decent walk in!

Breakfast and family devotion are done and I'm finishing up my coffee (thanks, Lynn!!) before taking high schoolers to tutorial and going to Aldi.  I'll bring the Youngers with me later this afternoon to tutorial pickup to bring them to the dollar store to buy something for dh's birthday (which is in a few days).

Coffee!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Coffee comin' up!

I've never had sauerkraut.  But didn't they used to serve it in the school lunch cafeteria?  I'm sure it wasn't a very good sample, but I never ate it there either.  But that's what I think of when I hear it.  A scoop on a mint green mellamine lunch tray.  

Co-op day.  😱  Must start moving faster!

So, I had a bug bite on my foot.  So, I was looking for something to kill it and found "Ivy Dry" in the medicine cabinet.  Now, a week later, I have an itchy red patch with bumps.  I'm wondering if the Ivy Dry turned my bug bite into poison ivy.  😜    I switched to a benadryl cream - but I can't tell if it actually has steroid in it or if it's just Benadryl Brand.  (#can'treadingredients  #oldageproblems )  I seem to have a pattern of pro-longed recovery from skin irritations.    

Two old age solutions I use:

I turn on the flashlight on my phone and can sometimes read labels that way. 

I google the name of the product and read the ingredients on my computer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why aren't there cat parks?  

Cat Park Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, maize said:

One of my teeth has been hypersensitive to cold for the past couple weeks. It is a tooth with an old filling.

Do I need to see a dentist?

Brush with baking soda for a while to strengthen your teeth. I know it sounds silly but I was a drug baby, used to get at least 2 fillings a year, was told to switch to baking soda and have not had a new cavity in over 10 years. I mix baking soda with hydrogen peroxide or Listerine, let it sit overnight and drain the excess.

• Like 3