Menu

Ignore this thread!

23 minutes ago, Æthelflæd said:

Does this look like a Cocker Spaniel x Dachshund to you? 🤬

Spaniel x German shepherd, I'd believe. Dachshund, not so much. But with dog breeding being such a recent thing, dice might be as good as anything else.

Why did you want to know?

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Æthelflæd said:

Does this look like a Cocker Spaniel x Dachshund to you? What a crock of 🤬. I spent $100 on this stupid test. I might just take to Twitter over this. 

PSA- If you have a crossbreed and want a DNA test, save your. money. At least with Embark. 

IMG_0415.jpeg.0a05643bda6b4691315705778c8515bc.jpeg

He looks Collie, maybe Aussie, has Spaniel ears and maybe tail (but more like a Springer, not a Cocker). 

• Like 4

Afternoon. I'm alive, as per the ITT regs. Just busy. About to get the week's schedules done and then take the boys and go do art with family. Then home to cook and write after that. And early bedtime. The cat woke me up very early for a Sunday and I'm sleepy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Æthelflæd said:

I got one of our dog's DNA tests back from Embark today and I think it's a load of 💩. Their references ranges have to be horrid. I wish I had had more info on exactly what their reference ranges are, but of course they won't provide them- proprietary. I am now thinking they use some dice with dog breeds on each side.

I purposely did not send a picture of him on his account to help blind it. This guy is an 80+ lb tank with a mane on him like a LGD and collie coloring and has killed coyotes. This is not a small dog. They sent me back he's huge percent dachshund. Sure. Whatever Embark dudes. I cannot believe I gave money to their corporation. This is why I hate commercial genetics companies-they're all crooked and full of it- I should have stuck with my inclinations. I am so ticked. 

Yep!

50 minutes ago, Æthelflæd said:

Does this look like a Cocker Spaniel x Dachshund to you? What a crock of 🤬. I spent $100 on this stupid test. I might just take to Twitter over this. 

PSA- If you have a crossbreed and want a DNA test, save your. money. At least with Embark. 

IMG_0415.jpeg.0a05643bda6b4691315705778c8515bc.jpeg

Aussie, Brittany. I am positive that's an Aussie. I almost see border collie. I'm not going to be legalistic about the type of spaniel. The temples clearly show the dachshund.

That was a joke.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Æthelflæd said:

He is a lovely dog. He was rescued off the side of a major Houston freeway at less than 5 weeks old by an offshore oil rig worker. He had a massive flea infestation, was starving and missing most of his hair. The gentleman saved him, took him to the vet and got him all fixed up, but sadly could not keep him with being out on a rig 30 days at a time. So we snatched him up when told about him and he has been my dd's dog ever since. One evening she was feeding the horses and a big pack of very large coyotes came up around her and this dog saw, escaped out of the dog yard to her rescue before we even knew what was happened, and attacked the whole pack, killing one. Our vet calls him the Coyote Slayer. We took him in and he didn't have a scratch on him. He is super sweetheart. And loves Jeep rides. 🙂

We have one cat for each dog. We are just animal people. 🙂 We always have to caution anyone who comes to our house- hey we have several cats and dogs, so if you're allergic, Zyrtec up, or we can meet you somewhere! 

Awwww, that story should be on one of those Dodo videos I love to watch. I love animal rescue stories.🥰

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

He looks Collie, maybe Aussie, has Spaniel ears and maybe tail (but more like a Springer, not a Cocker). 

Oh, I don't see any spaniel in him. Those are definitely not spaniel ears.

English Springer Spaniel illustration.

Edited by Ellie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Yes.

At least some portion Cherokee.

It's a Cherokee Booya!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

That was too much owrk.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Tuesday, the exhibitor invitations for our convention go into the mail. We only have room for eight exhibitors, so there's that. But we'll have 18 workshops, presented by actual homeschoolers and not authors or people who have homeschool products or services. Little convention with a big impact, we hope. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

**ETA: YouTube keeps changing the video. Either that or this particular one is continually playing video after video. I'll leave it up because hula; but it might or might not be the same group in the same competition 🙂 .

Edited by Ellie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Tuesday, the exhibitor invitations for our convention go into the mail. We only have room for eight exhibitors, so there's that. But we'll have 18 workshops, presented by actual homeschoolers and not authors or people who have homeschool products or services. Little convention with a big impact, we hope. 🙂

Squeeeeeeee!!  So exciting!

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Æthelflæd said:

Okay, since some of y'all have an eye for dogs, would you mind making some predictions on what you think is the genetic history of this girl? We got her at the SPCA so we have no idea. 

Dd and I are guessing Pit, Lab, and something like whippet or some sort of smaller sight hound. Maybe some small terrier too. She's probably the smartest dog I've ever had. She was wicked fast up until the last couple of months when the arthritis has gotten so bad, and could usually out run our Doberman except on a long distance straight away. In light of my predictions, I am guessing Embark is going to come back with something totally random like Poodle, Chihuahua, and Pomeranian that has no basis on planet earth. Although I could believe her having dachshund in her before I could the other dog. 

She has a double coat and sheds like the dickens, but no webbed feet. She is also about 80 lbs, and the right half of her face was completely brindle until she got old. First is close up so you can see her ears. She does not have a heavy/thick jaw though like our pit. Her muzzle is slender. She's almost 12, so her waist used to be more cut/slender which showed off her deep chest. 

IMG_0931.jpeg.a4b9db7366991ae8b87db6d9b131afb5.jpegIMG_0631.jpeg.316cd5e1de01c0d3ffb91c5766a02b59.jpeg

DAT'S A PIT! :wub:

I see hound, I do not see lab.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Æthelflæd said:

The only reason I think some lab is the double coat. I could make a whole wardrobe out of her shed undercoat if wearing dog hair fiber was a thing. She sheds worse than the alleged Cocker-Dachshund-Weimaraner. He has the occasional tumbleweed come across the floor, but you don't get a ton off him brushing. She can wear out a Furminator a couple of times a year. He is low shed. I would consider her Medium High to High shedder. 

All kinds of dogs will do that. I think hound. A sight hound but the pit is shortening the snout. I want to say some type of wolf hound but typically mutts are not made from fancy breeds. Matt says terrier. I could almost buy Airedale.

• Like 2

Good morning!

Babies, puppies, slumber parties, and new cars...this thread really is a magical place.

I live in a world where my fourteen-year-old geriatric beagle gets me up every morning at 2:00 am to go outside to pee!  

Is it wrong that I skip the majority of Monday holidays because I can’t figure out how to make the rhythm of my five day a week classes fit into four?!  We just keep plowing through...

Happy Mondaying, all!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I have no idea when it comes to dog breeds.  Though around town and at the park we have been seeing a lot of brindle mini long-haired dachshunds lately.  They are so cute!

Dh has off work today.  I think ds25 is working.  We are having regular school.  We will likely take off Friday for Fall Break since dd22 will be home for the weekend.

I forgot to put some laundry in the dryer.  Ugh.  Also, I need pantz.

Coffee!

• Like 3