Menu

Ignore this thread!

Had a very grumpy afternoon yesterday, and continued grumpy today. I had to contact a writing buddy to reign me in before I exploded, which is what writing buddies do best. More writing today, and then I will cook something and clean something probably. That tends to be a good cure for grumpiness.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!!~D

Humph Day!!!!

Busy Busy day today. Fortunately 3 of the 4 families I see I will actually see in my town. I only have to drive to see the fourth family. Somehow I’m going to have to get school in for the little girls, then there’s piano lessons and Awana tonight. I just gotta keep aiming for Friday night. Friday night. Friday night. “What is Friday night?” You ask. Nothing. Nothing is Friday night. That is the end of the busyness. At least work busyness. Then it’s prep for Thanksgiving busyness, which is fine. I do need to get a turkey, though.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

I've decided that Dr. Google is an idiot.  Why are we not surprised? :laugh:  I had no shoulder pain all night or this morning after last night's heating pad. But then I iced my shoulder this morning and now the pain is so bad I can hardly stay upright.  I have the heating pad back on.

Gotta go - the kids need the iPad.

Coffee!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Go, Paradox! ITT is on your side. Elephant Ninja Brigade is on standby.

I did not coffee today because there was no more coffee. I had tea and will buy more coffee when we are out doing errands.

I'm wishing DH had a 9-5 job instead of a "boss feels perfectly free to call you on Sunday at 1PM" and "conference call with people in another time zone at 10 on a weeknight, but make sure to get in bright and early the next morning" and "never mind that you only see your parents twice a year, the Thing is Broken" job. But his field just appears to be like this, so IDK that it would be worthwhile to encourage him to apply elsewhere.

Edited by whitehawk
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

Well I'm functional again and practiced my orchestra music and made whole wheat sausage cheese muffins for me (I keep them in the freezer for a quick meal-on-the-go).  Kids are having chicken patty sandwiches for lunch.

Oh, and Way To Go all you last minute quartet Christmas music purchasing procrastinators!!  I've now earned enough to buy myself a replacement music stand light.  Though I can't get both that AND the McDonald's ice cream cones, so we'll have to set some priorities. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Well I'm functional again and practiced my orchestra music and made whole wheat sausage cheese muffins for me (I keep them in the freezer for a quick meal-on-the-go).  Kids are having chicken patty sandwiches for lunch.

Oh, and Way To Go all you last minute quartet Christmas music purchasing procrastinators!!  I've now earned enough to buy myself a replacement music stand light.  Though I can't get both that AND the McDonald's ice cream cones, so we'll have to set some priorities. 

Ice cream wins.  Duh. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a strange problem yesterday. This is what I told a friend: I'm doing a presentation for the online mom conference again (January), putting in a speaking proposal for the NMAEYC (March), and the state homeschool conference (June). I'm also writing the brand book, the family language course, and a workbook for the course. I have so many words in my head, I can barely communicate verbally anymore.

This can't be normal. Is this normal?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Renai said:

I had a strange problem yesterday. This is what I told a friend: I'm doing a presentation for the online mom conference again (January), putting in a speaking proposal for the NMAEYC (March), and the state homeschool conference (June). I'm also writing the brand book, the family language course, and a workbook for the course. I have so many words in my head, I can barely communicate verbally anymore.

Yes.

There are times when I've been wording so much that my worder is broken. If I need to communicate, I end up resorting to a lot of flailing hand gestures and the most basic language...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Yes.

There are times when I've been wording so much that my worder is broken. If I need to communicate, I end up resorting to a lot of flailing hand gestures and the most basic language...

Thank goodness this is normal. I was beginning to worry...

That must have been what I looked like yesterday when I was trying to express my opinion on a couple of things at a playdate. Thankfully, the people I was with know me, and probably chalked it up to an off day. Hopefully. 

Edited by Renai
  • Like 2

Random maize family trivia: I have relatives within one generation of myself born in fourteen different countries.

That's my aunts and uncles, my own and dh's siblings and their spouses, and our nieces and nephews and their spouses.

We have family gathering this week for a nephew's wedding and I was just thinking about what an odd family we are.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Renai said:

Oh, yes. Completely. I also struggle with what I refer to as exhaustion induced delayed nominal recall. It's why you want the thing in the cold box across the house instead of a drink from the fridge.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Servant4Christ said:

That is sooo COOL! I want a cool family like that and some serious sky miles to visit them all!

Yeah the visiting thing gets seriously problematic.

I haven't even made it down to Florida to visit my parents in something like five years. They fortunately have been able to come visit me--easier for two people to fly than nine!

We very rarely get everyone on the same continent.

• Like 2

Your ability to recall nouns is very different than your ability to recall adjectives or verbs. It uses a different part of the brain and that part of the brain gets tired faster. This is why we describe things without nouns at the end of the day. It sounds like Renai is struggling with something else, like the overuse of words has resulted in verbal exhaustion, but I would argue it's the same concept and caused by the same thing.

Edited by Slache
  • Thanks 1

The other thing that happened yesterday was I completely forgot how to say "one" in Mandarin. See, I was talking to one of the playdate dads who is French. We talk language a lot (his daughter is bilingual, too). I told the kids they had 5 minutes left in English, Spanish, Mandarin and German, and asked him how to say it in French. Got it!

I don't remember why I wanted to recall "one" in Mandarin, but I couldn't do it, and could only recall it in Japanese, which I haven't spoken consistently for years.

Oh! I was telling the dad that counting was similar in Hindi and Nepalese, as well as Japanese. Then I couldn't remember one in Mandarin. It was all quite strange. I finally remembered it (actually, one AND two escaped my brain. It happens that three shares the same word as Japanese) 20 minutes later while driving down the street as I asked Gymnast what it was.

I'm telling you, strange. I still don't want to talk much. I'm glad my Spanish classes are done until first week of December (today was the last day), and very happy the ESL classes are scripted. I can't anymore.

• Like 3

Books:
MacArthur's Ephesians study with hubby
The 5AM Club
Run Like a Mother
Basic Theology (Ryrie)

Up next: undecided with hubby, Gut, Psychopath Free and The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah

Generally working through Spark Joy as my body allows and the Boundaries Workbook as my emotions allow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Not for me. I rarely eat ice cream. 1-2 times a year and I'm all set til next year.

Yay!  More for the rest of us!

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

I took an exercise class today.  For seniors!!  Those guys are extreme!  It was fun, though.  My legs are shaky now.

Hardcore seniors!

Did I tell you about that PBS yoga series I tried to do for a while?  It was So. Hard!  And then I realized it was yoga for the elderly.  :blush: :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Honestly, I feel like labor is imminent, anyway, so Cheeto might make all the preceding moo like a cow's opinion. Points for guessing the reference.

Friends!

I would be against laboring on my birthday. Having DS's birthday close after mine means I can easily figure out how old I am, so that's nice. 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, maize said:

Random maize family trivia: I have relatives within one generation of myself born in fourteen different countries.

That's my aunts and uncles, my own and dh's siblings and their spouses, and our nieces and nephews and their spouses.

We have family gathering this week for a nephew's wedding and I was just thinking about what an odd family we are.

That is amazing!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

When I was first pregnant I had a subchorianic hemorrhage. It was so severe that the lady who did my first ultrasound privately thought the next time she saw me, it would be to confirm a miscarriage. I had three ultrasounds in a row, and the last one, where they finally told me he was viable and gave me a due date, he looked like a Cheeto shaped blob in the picture. He's been Baby Cheeto to me ever since, my little miracle fighter. 💞💞💞

How big is he now?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Reading:

ITT everyday

the Sea some days

any book Captain brings me over and over

family scriptures at night

I rented Dora the Explorer the Movie. It was so funny and cringy. The kids were rolling laughing. I also like the LEGO Ninjago series and RWBY. What does this say about me?

The new Dora movie was the incentive I offered my kids to get them to write essays last week.

They love Ninjago. 

What is RWBY?

• Like 2

Just now, ThatBookwormMom said:

They're guessing about 8 lbs right now. He'll likely be 9 or 10 lbs by the time he's born.

Have your others been that big?

Littlest kernel weighed in at about ten and a half pounds.

Dd11 was my smallest, only 7.1 lb. Easiest birth by far.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Junie said:

Currently reading:

Paradise Lost

Les Miserables

Mansfield Park

The Bible (Malachi, at the moment)

Impressive!

I don't read much these days, mostly listen to audiobooks while cleaning/doing laundry/driving. Currently listening to The Elfstones of Shannara.

And I've been watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade while running/walking on the treadmill, dubbed in French cause that way I can give myself brownie points for language practice 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Books:
MacArthur's Ephesians study with hubby
The 5AM Club
Run Like a Mother
Basic Theology (Ryrie)

Up next: undecided with hubby, Gut, Psychopath Free and The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah

Generally working through Spark Joy as my body allows and the Boundaries Workbook as my emotions allow.

How is Run Like a Mother.  Is it good?  Is it safe to run if I'm fat?  (Wish I was asking for a friend, but I'm not!)  😂

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

How is Run Like a Mother.  Is it good?  Is it safe to run if I'm fat?  (Wish I was asking for a friend, but I'm not!)  😂

Boring. No. Yes.

I probably won't finish it. I keep not picking it up. Have you seen the new marathon movie advertised?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I want brownies.  and ice cream.  

I went to Panera earlier while dd was at TKD since the gym is closed.  I had a nice salad and unsweetened herbal ice tea.  Leaving I really wanted to get a pastry of some sort to have after dinner, but I resisted.  Now I'm really regretting that I resisted.  Only thing here sweet to eat is chocolate oreos.  

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Slache said:

Boring. No. Yes.

I probably won't finish it. I keep not picking it up. Have you seen the new marathon movie advertised?

No, I haven’t. 

46 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I want brownies.  and ice cream.  

I went to Panera earlier while dd was at TKD since the gym is closed.  I had a nice salad and unsweetened herbal ice tea.  Leaving I really wanted to get a pastry of some sort to have after dinner, but I resisted.  Now I'm really regretting that I resisted.  Only thing here sweet to eat is chocolate oreos.  

The pecan braid is yummy!

• Like 1

Happy Evening!  I'm exhausted. Standing on concrete for 6 hours in the cold is not my idea of fun.  Garage is making real progress though!  And minimalist me and hoarder Dh are still on speaking terms. 🥳 He's actually super excited about what I'm accomplishing (and all the tools he's finding that have been lost in bins for years), so that's a huge blessing.  (He usually hates it if I organize his stuff, and will.not.throw.anything.away, but he's so happy about the pegboards that he's actually taking part in tossing away junk). Most of the tools, etc are on the wall now, in logical places, and where we can both see it anytime we need it. And there's a massive pile of rubbish by the driveway to trash this weekend. I still have to buy a few small bins for the shelves to hold towels, etc.  

And Dh hung shelving in the shed, too, so that's looking better and better. 

Tomorrow's piano lessons were cancelled, so I'll use the extra time to get the bins, and swing by the Donation Center.

Paradox -- so glad to hear the fantastic update!  I'm so glad that is behind you.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, maize said:

The new Dora movie was the incentive I offered my kids to get them to write essays last week.

They love Ninjago. 

What is RWBY?

This is an excellent idea.  Except I would turn it around and use it as a threat.  "You need to write an essay or I'm going to make you watch Dora."

3 hours ago, maize said:

Impressive!

I don't read much these days, mostly listen to audiobooks while cleaning/doing laundry/driving. Currently listening to The Elfstones of Shannara.

And I've been watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade while running/walking on the treadmill, dubbed in French cause that way I can give myself brownie points for language practice 😂

I enjoy watching familiar movies in foreign languages, too.  :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I am a mother. I do not run. I walk. Occasionally, I will speed walk. That is about as fast as I go. 😂

I ran for 3 or 4 years about 15 years ago. And I’m pretty sure that’s why my knees are in such bad shape now. I have no desire to bother with that running nonsense again! 😂

Besides, Fitbit says I’m in excellent cardiovascular health for my age, and I only walk/glider-thing and do very basic resistance training. 🤣

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

My babies ranged from 5 1/2 lbs (dd16) to 9 1/2 lbs (dd10). My biggest was naturally the one I had naturally with a midwife. I was fully dilated for about 3 hours and dd was still at -3. So I finally just sat straight up and she went from not descended at all to crowning in 15 minutes. That was quite the experience. 

• Like 5