Menu

Ignore this thread!

16 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I ran for 3 or 4 years about 15 years ago. And I’m pretty sure that’s why my knees are in such bad shape now. I have no desire to bother with that running nonsense again! 😂

I've taken up a barefoot toe strike running style partly in the hopes it will preserve my knees. With a forefoot strike the foot flexes to absorb the impact.

• Like 3

My babies were

7 pounds 1 ounce - water broke 4 weeks early, induced because no contractions at all, kept losing heartbeat so had to lie on side which made epidural only work on that one side while other side felt full pain, forceps delivery after 12 hours

7 pounds 9 ounces - induced 2 weeks late, kept losing heartbeat and I kept passing out, middle of the night emergency c-section.  Occurred to us that I may not react well to the induction medicines.

7 pounds 13 ounces - c-section scheduled for MIL's sisters birthday (and mil complained she didn't want dd to have her sister's birthday), started contractions on my own for the first time 4 days before her scheduled c-section so the one time things should have been completely predictable things still went screwy.   She was delivered by a covering doctor due to the early arrival. 

Tubes were tied during c-section with youngest so no more kiddos for me.  

• Like 3

Sleeping in another room doesn't help because he is so loud. He has started waking the kids at night. Actually he has started wasting himself and then he yells at me for waking him up.

He stopped wearing snore strips because he believed that they were injuring his nose, but he does wear an insert thing that used to work. The problem is that he has gained an insane amount of weight since we moved here because all he does is sit all day. I think I might make him stop eating.

Does anyone know all of the places in Scripture that have a list of character qualities for Christians like Ephesians 4?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Junie said:

(((Slache and Matt)))

Sleeping on his side would probably help.  And yes, the weight gain is probably a major factor in this.

It used to. It's gotten incredibly bad. I put him on a diet this morning. He's sulking. He's been telling me for years "I can lose the weight if I want to, I just don't want to." Well congratulations, now you want to.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning!

(((Slache))) Dh has worn Breathe Right (nose strips) for years.  No nose injury.  This situation needs to be First Priority on the Kanban board.  Can you soundproof a large closet somewhere and make him sleep on a cot in it?  

No tutorial until after New Years, so we just have regular lessons and cello lesson this afternoon and orchestra rehearsal for me tonight.  I feel like I'm a week ahead of schedule and a week behind and can't figure out exactly where I am supposed to be.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Hugs to everybody having a rough morning! A headache cost me some sleep, but I'm doing better now. We're starting a bit late, but making progress.

Is kanban Japanese for spreadsheet? Slache, that Techo diary thing is now on my wish list, even though I've never gotten very far with paper planners before. I don't necessarily plan to use it for school, though.

DS was well under 6 lbs. and got stuck anyway. I blame the continuous monitoring/preventive antibiotics/staying still.

Everybody at my house snores, even the kitty.

Edited by whitehawk
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, whitehawk said:

Hugs to everybody having a rough morning! A headache cost me some sleep, but I'm doing better now. We're starting a bit late, but making progress.

Is kanban Japanese for spreadsheet? Slache, that Techo diary thing is now on my wish list, even though I've never gotten very far with paper planners before. I don't necessarily plan to use it for school, though.

DS was well under 6 lbs. and got stuck anyway. I blame the continuous monitoring/preventive antibiotics/staying still.

Kanban is an organizational technique that limits the amount of projects you have going. Each section on the spreadsheet is only allowed a certain number of items.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, whitehawk said:

Kanban is a productivity flowchart used initially by Toyota. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Lost my phone for almost half the day yesterday. No one called so I gave up looking because I was running on fumes as it was. I eventually stumbled across it by accident somewhere in the middle of Mt Laundry.

I thought I lost my phone, but dh says he saw it yesterday in my purse.  I very rarely use it, and no one ever calls it because I don't give out my number.

• Like 2

Took my dog with me to the clinic I work at to do some workup on a leg problem. She's mad at me because I sedated her and then poked on her, and she thought we were friends, and then I had to go be a doctor, and she'd forgotten I did that periodically. Dogs. She's sleeping off her drugs on her bed.

Now I have to get some writing done. but it's gray, cloudy, and I want to eat rice pudding and go to bed.

DH are looking forward to the day when we can have separate bedrooms. He's not a horrible snorer, but I'm a very restless sleeper, and sometimes I get hit with ideas in the middle of the night, or have insomnia. It's absolutely on my list of things to do when we have the space.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Slache said:

The tried and true "you have to eat the lunch I packed for you, not say you don't have time then come home starving and eat a bunch of carbs and cheese" diet.

What keeps him from stopping off for snacks?

3 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Lost my phone for almost half the day yesterday. No one called so I gave up looking because I was running on fumes as it was. I eventually stumbled across it by accident somewhere in the middle of Mt Laundry.

Send me your number. I'll call you next time, then promptly hang up when you answer.

3 hours ago, Junie said:

I thought I lost my phone, but dh says he saw it yesterday in my purse.  I very rarely use it, and no one ever calls it because I don't give out my number.

How about text? Pass me your number so I can text inane things periodically. (don't want you to feel left out)

1st child - 40 weeks, labor, 46 hours, csection, 6 lbs 10 oz. 2nd child - 42 weeks and a day, labor, 12 hours (or so...don't remember), transferred to hospital and midwife continued to assist, got walking epidural, napped, woke up, pushed out, 8 lbs 10 oz. Which should have been impossible to grow a kid that big considering I'm only 4'11 and dh is 5'5 (or 6).

Dh introduced me to arroz con leche and I liked it before I realized that it was just a type of rice pudding (I think). It's all done on the stove top though. We make it on cold days. I may make some tomorrow morning.

It snowed today.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

In Japan, rice gruel (okayu)  (which admittedly isn't sweet like rice pudding) is "sick people's food".  So is Filipino Arroz Caldo.  So i don't associate mushy rice with anything other than being sick. 

I like that style too. I accidentally made something like it for Gymnast the last time she was sick. It was good! It was missing some essential herbs though...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I want to laugh at some of this and high five the rest 😂

Homemade rice pudding, right? None of that store bought stuff. I make it all winter long. With raisins. Oh, and homemade whipped cream for the top. Hmmmm. I might just have to raid the pantry soon and make some. The family will be so excited because I don't usually start making it until Thanksgiving.

Yes, homemade rice pudding. It was awesome.

• Like 2

Can someone share a super easy recipe for rice pudding?  I love rice pudding but haven't ever made it.  And pretty much never buy it.  I don't think I've had it in years, but I do like it.  I just eat it when it happens to be available.   I used to work for BASF Pharma and they had a really good rice pudding in the cafeteria. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Junie said:

I would have no idea how to retrieve a text.

Sounds like my husband. Flip phone extraordinaire. His boss still insists on texting him. And I have to retrieve them...

6 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Can someone share a super easy recipe for rice pudding?  I love rice pudding but haven't ever made it.  And pretty much never buy it.  I don't think I've had it in years, but I do like it.  I just eat it when it happens to be available.   I used to work for BASF Pharma and they had a really good rice pudding in the cafeteria. 

The only way I know how is to cook the rice first, add milk and simmer with sugar and cinnamon until desired consistency. That's all we do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renai said:

I like that style too. I accidentally made something like it for Gymnast the last time she was sick. It was good! It was missing some essential herbs though...

Adding garlic, ginger and tamarind  paste makes it so good tasting as well as good for you. 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 1