Menu

Ignore this thread!

28 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Not you too! Ugh! You're all making me feel like a lazy sloth for not getting all "YIPPEE!" for exercise. I'm pretty sure I could get more exercise cleaning my house than I would on a giant treadmill. Upbeat music I can dance to while doing said cleaning is the key.

Did you not notice the rolled eyes emoji at the end of my comment?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

What's on the menu tonight? I need ideas. With my stomach doing gymnastics, nothing is even remotely appealing to me but the rest of the family will still be hungry at dinnertime.

In theory, French lentils and mushrooms. I need to make sure to start cooking on time. In retrospect... I could've just now cooked the lentils during quiet time. Oops.

• Like 3

Charging along, getting things done. About to start cooking with one boy, but the other one is making his own homemade French Fries, and he gets grumpy if I get in his way in the kitchen.

Dinner is brisket, roast potatoes, and caramel apples for dessert.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Dinner dilemma solved. They asked for leftovers. It's rare for us to have enough leftovers for a meal, I know, but what a blessing! I don't have to cook tonight!

We eat leftovers about half the time. It is a part of our family culture that came about due to my chronic nausea which leaves me unable to cook much of the time. It's also cheaper.

• Like 1

Well, for this brisket, I roasted it with high heat in the oven, and now I've got it in a pot with carrots and onions, about a half-cup of liquid (water and V-8), a few bay leaves, and some thyme to braise it until it's tender. It takes hours and hours in the oven. But it's good.

• Like 2

We’re having Krissi’s famous creamy potato soup for dinner.  

I have been working on Christmas-at-the-in-laws menus and trying to accommodate both my diet (no sugar or white flour) and dd21’s diet (vegetarian) without getting too weird for the in-laws or their grandson and not having to bring SO much food that we can’t fit the sleeping bags or sleds in the van.  I don’t care about skipping desserts too much, and dd will eat bread & potatoes so that will cover quite a bit. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Paradox5 said:

Susan, I must have missed it. What did you do to yourself?!? Don’t you know getting hurt is against ITT rules?!

I want brownies.

I’m not exactly sure what I did, but I think it’s just rotator cuff tendonitis. Dh is concerned that it’s a bone spur, but the pain comes and goes (I only have trouble with it a couple times a year). This episode is hanging on longer than usual. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

The majority of the time, leftovers (if there are any) are eaten for lunch the next day. New meals are cooked in the evening. It makes getting lunch ready so much easier (ahem, faster) during the day. 

This is what happens to most of our leftovers, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paradox5 said:

Must have details...

Well, lets see. I salted it (it was the 5 lb flat cut), peppered it, and stuck it in my Dutch oven. Then I put it in the oven at 500 for about 30 minutes, flipped it, and roasted it at 500 for another 30. I chopped up 5 carrots and 3 onions and cut the top off a head of garlic, and roasted all that on a pan at the 500 for about 30 minutes or so. Then I put it all together, added 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 cup of V-8, two bay leaves, and a sprinkle of thyme and covered it with the lid. I then braised it at 275 for 3.5 hours. 

I was supposed to roast it again at 500 to get it smoking again, but I got hungry. It smelled too good! 

• Like 2

We did calorimetry in 4-H STEM tonight.  I swear it seems like every middle and high schooler I know loves playing with fire.  Except my son.  Class or 4-H, if anything is on fire, he leaves the room. 

Dh fixed my sink so it works again.  Thankfully since I now have dishes to do from tonight's 4-H.  I'll do them in the morning.    But he fixed the sink when we would normally be heading to the gym so we skipped the gym/TKD tonight.  

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

And I just ordered two more presents.

What did you get me?

13 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

:laugh:  You know what I'm NOT doing?  The dishes, cleaning, practicing my orchestra music, tidying, vacuuming, bathroom scrubbing, or laundry.

That's ok. I did those things. All of them.

10 minutes ago, Renai said:

Dinner: https://www.plantoeat.com/recipes/13727390/30858236, except with purple cabbage instead of green.

You have to share the regular link, not the plan to eat link. They can't see the plan to eat website unless they are members.

5 minutes ago, Junie said:

Eating chocolate is good for kidney stone pain, right?

Yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, whitehawk said:

In theory, French lentils and mushrooms. I need to make sure to start cooking on time. In retrospect... I could've just now cooked the lentils during quiet time. Oops.

This was, as always, better than i expected. I don't like the smell of lentils cooking. But the finished product doesn't taste lentilly--lemon, garlic, and thyme cover it.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Dinner was leftovers for dh and the kids, and spring rolls and steamed dumplings from my favorite vegan place.  I'm not vegan but I really love their food.  "Chinese" food (in quotes because it's the American version of Chinese food) that doesn't give me a headache or make me feel sick.  

I"m not vegan either, but that sounds really good!

39 minutes ago, Junie said:

No.  I think beer is recommended.  Sorry.  

12 minutes ago, Slache said:

I'm tired.

Amen and Amen.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Slache said:

You have to share the regular link, not the plan to eat link. They can't see the plan to eat website unless they are members.

Yes.

I can see it and I'm not a member.  It offers me a free trial but I can see the recipe.

Not that I'm ever going to cook it.   But I use purple cabbage to make pH indicator.  Does that count?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I can see it and I'm not a member.  It offers me a free trial but I can see the recipe.

Not that I'm ever going to cook it.   But I use purple cabbage to make pH indicator.  Does that count?

Cool! It used to just take you to the sales page.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Junie said:

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Yes.

Thank you, Dr. Slache.

28 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

No.  I think beer is recommended.  Sorry.  

I've never had an alcoholic drink, so I guess I'll just stick with chocolate.  Especially since I already ate a bunch.  :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Junie said:

I read somewhere about drinking vinegar, but I don't think I'm that desperate.  Plus, I would be worried about what it would do to my teeth.

This isn't really a thing. The only study to come to the conclusion (I believe) that this might be a bad idea involved drinking 2 cups of vinegar a day for 6 months. If I were you I would introduce a tablespoon of ACV with dinner to my diet to see how it affects my kidney stones and general well being in relation to my blood alkaline levels.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Slache said:

This isn't really a thing. The only study to come to the conclusion (I believe) that this might be a bad idea involved drinking 2 cups of vinegar a day for 6 months. If I were you I would introduce a tablespoon of ACV with dinner to my diet to see how it affects my kidney stones and general well being in relation to my blood alkaline levels.

I'm still reluctant.  This kidney stone has been moving sporadically for about a month now.  I hope that it's about done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

And just to ruin my false sense of sleeping children: The Girl comes in to ask if she can watch a movie with me to fall asleep. I said yes.

Thanks for the hugs, Slache. You guys feeling better? Hot lemonade works for us.

SUPER cranky baby and slightly cranky husband the past two days which is never a good sign, but mostly yes.

• Like 3

I’m back. Busy busy day. We had potato soup for dinner with corn bread. That’s for whoever asked what’s for dinner. Of course, it’s too late now. Bell choir tonight. We are going to play at the Nation’s Christmas Tree Ceremony thingie up at the General Grant Tree in King’s Canyon National Park next month. That should be kind of neat. Handbells in the forest. Hopefully there will be some snow by then. This is like one of the driest Novembers on record.

• Like 6

Good morning!

We've got yet another cold going through the family. I feel like I've had not more than a handful of healthy days since August.

I need to schedule flu shots, I really don't want to deal with a real flu after all this.

Edited by maize
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4