Menu

Ignore this thread!

7 minutes ago, maize said:

If it's about Omega 3's have you tried fish oil capsules?

It's crazy I know but they were a favorite treat for one of my toddlers...

Random thought.  I am one of those people who can taste the fish oil in omega 3 eggs. At least, this is true when I'm pregnant.  It was produced such a disgusting omelet that I haven't tried it yet unpregnant.  

13 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Fish sticks or breaded and fried like chicken tenders might work. What type of fish? Some taste stronger. Also, small fish taste better to me (different texture I think), not those big mammoth size slabs big enough to be a steak. I hope you find something that works.

He won't do polluck, salmon and catfish under the right circumstances, loves tuna. So tuna sammiches and fried catfish.

5 minutes ago, maize said:

Did the Ped share their training?

I didn't think to ask at the time.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Slache said:

He won't do polluck, salmon and catfish under the right circumstances, loves tuna. So tuna sammiches and fried catfish.

I didn't think to ask at the time.

Polluck has a soft texture, the others are more firm, and have a stronger taste. That's a start. He may also like cod and/or shrimp.

You know, there's something about the taste of polluck that I don't like either, and I LIKE fish. 

Edited by Renai
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renai said:

Polluck has a soft texture, the others are more firm, and have a stronger taste. That's a start. He may also like cod and/or shrimp.

You know, there's something about the taste of polluck that I don't like either, and I LIKE fish. 

It's cheap. Catshish is cheap here too though.

8 minutes ago, Slache said:

It's cheap. Catshish is cheap here too though.

Yeah, there's almost a metallic taste to it (polluck). I don't know what it is, pero no me cae bien.

In our house, it's mostly catfish and cod. Dh will only eat salmon as salmon patties (canned salmon). He'll eat shrimp en coktel. (cocktail). Gymnast and I like shrimp, so we'll do lunch with it when dh isn't around.

ETA: also tuna. We eat tuna.

Edited by Renai
added info
  • Like 1

I avoid tuna because I opt for lower mercury choices. 

We don't do fish as often as I would like, when we do salmon is my favorite; my family also likes tilapia.

I do get fish oil capsules. I'm weird and like to chew them up.

Hey I got two booyahs in one day. Maybe I should make this one a booya.

Edited by maize
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, maize said:

I avoid tuna because I opt for lower mercury choices. 

We don't do fish as often as I would like, when we do salmon is my favorite; my family also likes tilapia.

I do get fish oil capsules. I'm weird and like to chew them up.

Hey I got two booyahs in one day. Maybe I should make this one a booya.

Oh, yeah. We like tilapia too. 

• Like 2

Slache won't let me eat tilapia because of gross farming practices.  My kids will eat baked salmon and fish tacos made from breaded frozen fish and canned sardines in masala.  I've never shown them the sardines before they get in the sauce - they're not pretty! :laugh:  For somme reason they also love tuna sandwiches.  I hate tuna unless it's in a really creamy and cheesy tuna-noodle casserole.

My shoulder picked a bad day to act up, with the hours of driving I had to do all afternoon and evening and then a concert to play.  But I'm in bed with some ibuprofen and it doesn't have to move for a while.

Tomorrow imma make my birthday cake - it's really a recipe for sugar/gluten free pumpkin cheesecake bars but I'm going to put it in a round pan and make it look like a cake.  Ds14 will get a regular cheesecake for his birthday cake.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Mine like it when I fry it. We call it 'fish cutlets' so ASD Boy will eat it. And eat it he does! like 5 servings! 

I don't like catfish. It tastes like dirt. I like the rainbow trout and haddock at Cracker Barrel. And the fried okra but that isn't fish.

Yeah, we like it fried too.

We like catfish Cajun-fried or blackened. We haven't branched out much. I do like fish Veracruz style too. 

I keep trying to like okra. My mom loves it and grows it. I've not liked okra, ever, but every few years try it again to see if my taste has changed, lol! I can now stand it fried.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Slache won't let me eat tilapia because of gross farming practices.  

I'm glad I could scar my fellow man with poop fish.

27 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

We don’t eat fish.🐠🐠🐠

That explains it!

25 minutes ago, Renai said:

Yeah, we like it fried too.

We like catfish Cajun-fried or blackened. We haven't branched out much. I do like fish Veracruz style too. 

I keep trying to like okra. My mom loves it and grows it. I've not liked okra, ever, but every few years try it again to see if my taste has changed, lol! I can now stand it fried.

Blackened catfish!

Have you had okra in gumbo? I am an okra lover, but it is slimey. You are allowed to not like okra.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Slache said:

I'm glad I could scar my fellow man with poop fish.

That explains it!

Blackened catfish!

Have you had okra in gumbo? I am an okra lover, but it is slimey. You are allowed to not like okra.

Okra in gumbo is my least favorite. I can't stand the slimy texture of okra, which is why I can only just stand it fried. I also won't try oysters for the same reason. Slime. No thanks.

• Like 4

Just now, Renai said:

Okra in gumbo is my least favorite. I can't stand the slimy texture of okra, which is why I can only just stand it fried. I also won't try oysters for the same reason. Slime. No thanks.

I have never eaten an oyster. I've had snake, alligator, spider. No oyster. Nope. Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My grand plan was to sleep in this morning since it's the only one I can kind of get away with it.  But alas, it was not to be.  I decided that an alternate treat would be to enjoy my coffee alone.  in the dark.  And I am, finally.  But first I had to face the cat and her dead trophy from night-time hunting (in the house).  I could not do it.  So, I woke up ds to do it.  Poor guy!  After donning several layers of grocery bags as gloves, he threw the dead "m" outside into the night to be a feast for some other prowling creature and peace has been restored to my home.  svengo.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Just now, ThatBookwormMom said:

Lynn, that's far too much drama pre-coffee! Here, have some chocolate.

Good morning! I'm working on meal plans and shopping lists, then we're doing Bible & math & LA, and braving the wide world for groceries. Also, I never cleaned those bathrooms. I was right. 2 weeks is FAR too long. 🤢

Thanks!  There may be more drama coming as the cat is still watching the basement door like her life depends on it.  At least dh comes home today so he can be the pallbearer for future prey.  

• Like 3

Good morning!

Just think, Jean, 9 days ago, you were skeptical that you'd make it past day 6, and here you are still going strong!! 🏆

I have a volunteer thing at church this morning, and a meeting this afternoon, but otherwise a quiet day.  Sleep was not great due to stupid shoulder, but maybe I can get in a nap later.

Coffee!

• Like 8

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!!~D

Friday!!!!

Work and school. I visit a new family this afternoon. They live waaaaay out in the boonies, so I am meeting them in a city half way. Near Costco. So I can meet with them and then go to Costco. I need to get my Thanksgiving Turkey.

I slept like the dead last night. My allergies were going berserk because of the hike we took yesterday. Although it was breathtakingly beautiful, it was also extremely dry and dusty. It hasn’t rained here since the end of May. I thought my sinuses were going to explode last night. I did take a shower and then drugged up.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Friday Happiness!  And coffee too.

It is cold but sunny and the neighbor is cutting up a fell tree with a chainsaw.  There is something oddly comforting about that distant whirr.  (Maybe it takes me back to lazy summer days?  Or maybe just the fact that it's a project I don't need to be in charge of?)

I'm told the oatmeal spice bread is now ready for (a very late) breakfast.  Happy morning, all!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

My grand plan was to sleep in this morning since it's the only one I can kind of get away with it.  But alas, it was not to be.  I decided that an alternate treat would be to enjoy my coffee alone.  in the dark.  And I am, finally.  But first I had to face the cat and her dead trophy from night-time hunting (in the house).  I could not do it.  So, I woke up ds to do it.  Poor guy!  After donning several layers of grocery bags as gloves, he threw the dead "m" outside into the night to be a feast for some other prowling creature and peace has been restored to my home.  svengo.  

Our hunter cat passed away. She loved to present us with bloody mangled mouse corpses every once in a while

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Just think, Jean, 9 days ago, you were skeptical that you'd make it past day 6, and here you are still going strong!! 🏆

I have a volunteer thing at church this morning, and a meeting this afternoon, but otherwise a quiet day.  Sleep was not great due to stupid shoulder, but maybe I can get in a nap later.

Coffee!

As far as goal streaks go, I have gone over 400 days in a row for some streaks.  My step goal especially.  Food has been harder at times because weekends make it harder.  What is difficult is that goal streaks can be pefect and long term and still not show up with any weight loss.  But hey, going for day 9.  (I was out walking in the dark at 10 o'clock at night to finish up my step goal.) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

What is difficult is that goal streaks can be pefect and long term and still not show up with any weight loss.  But hey, going for day 9.  (

True dat.

I’ve been working on goals instead of dieting. For the past two weeks I have been off sugar (except for a piece of pie at the wedding last weekend), I have upped my yoga to 5 days a week (don’t be too impressed, most days I only do the fifteen minute session, but hey, I’m doing something as opposed to not) and I am drinking 2 quarts of water a day. And I gained a pound. I was not really expecting to lose anything, maybe half a pound. My goal with these goals is to add a new goal every week or two and hopefully form habits instead of doing an extreme lifestyle change that I find impossible to maintain. And then slowly start to lose weight. I think that is reasonable and should work, right? Sigh!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I am critiquing and revising today. Also, I am in preparation for what appears to be the ghost of Christmas future. December is going to be really, really rough. I've got people gone, I'm working a lot more than usual, and it appears I have another revision to do on top of Beta critiques coming back on top of continued drafting of another novel. It's going to be madness around my house if I don't figure out exactly what I can do. Hopefully, I can get the revisions back over the Thanksgiving week (also working) and see how I want to schedule that work. I can do it. It's just going to be a lot.

Given the scheduling fun today, it's hardly surprising that I want to spend the entire afternoon napping, but there's words to write and chicken to cook. 

On fish: I like fish, and order it when we go out. DH is allergic, so I try not to cook it at home very often and make sure I clean up very well.

• Like 5

Speaking of Geography. :dry:

Remember the books I ordered that never showed up so they sent duplicates out free of charge? This was like 3 months ago. The originals showed up today. I called and they're sending an envelope to send them back. I was hoping they'd say keep em' because I'd have sent them to Servant. :laugh:

• Like 5

Dh came home from his morning dentist appointment and surprised by saying he was taking the rest of the day to install the garage pegboards and shelves.  

Good man!  I think I'll keep 'em.   I was anticipating doing as much of that myself as possible today, but instead I was able to do a real day of school.   And, hopefully, I'll have a clean and organized garage by early next week (which will also mean a clean basement again, and a cleaner crawlspace).  It's amazing how much this relieves my recent anxiety.  I'm definitely impacted by my space.  If I can't work/function in it properly, I really do get anxious and depressed.  

He's also still planning on making pizza tonight.  My hero. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My afternoon appointment was cancelled so now I get to do Other Things.  First I need to eat.  Then put the corned beef in the IP. Then maybe coerce dd16 away from NaNoWriMo for a bit so I can use the computer.  I have 4 more arrangements that are ready to be submitted.  Maybe only 3 - I have to check on the copy-write status of one.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

We are out of potatoes. This might qualify as a culinary emergency. 

ETA:

One potato, two potato, three potato, four,

When you eat them every day, my child, there won't be any more!

Booyah!

You may have mine.  Pounds of them from our CSA, but my darling little knuckleheads don't like them.  What kid doesn't like potatoes?!?  Even fries.  They'll only eat Chick-fil-a fries, and prefer the fruit side dish.  

• Like 3