Menu

Ignore this thread!

8 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

I'm worried about the meeting Wednesday to go over ASD Boy's test results. It is the judgement of strangers I fear and the crazy fear of someone taking my kid away. That hits some PTSD that I do NOT want to and will NOT explain. Scotsman is coming with me as my knight in shining armor. Would y'all mind praying for me?

Kids enjoyed dinner. Scotsman and I ate a pint of rainbow sherbert for dessert while compainably watching different shows on our phones and holding hands. Le pant! (as in Pepe LePue the WB French skunk.)

Kids were tired tonight. They all dropped like flies after dinner! Normally, I have kids up til midnight, sometimes later. I hope this means they get up earlier tomorrow.

I'm going to watch a movie now and check back here a bit, then hopefully fall asleep. 

Thanks for listening.

AND I GET THE BOOYA!!! HAHAHA!!!

Praying for you.

Judgment is the last thing moms raising challenging kids need. I hope you find only support.

• Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

I've been awake since 5:45, but I just got up a few minutes ago.  Trying to knock off as many things as possible from my to-do list. 

So far this morning I have:

taken morning meds

read 3 chapters in Malachi

made the bed

practiced Spanish on duolingo

checked email, the chat board, and news to make sure the world hasn't fallen apart

checked to see if Coke has phosphorus

listened to next week's choir song

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Morning, Happy Tuesday!

Three classes, a meeting with a fellow Facebook page admin, three tutoring sessions, gym during TKD.   Another long day.   But next week I'm off of everything (except the kids doing school).  No classes, no 4-H, the house has to be already clean (since MIL is coming to stay).  I will have to plan classes and school but that is sleep in, plop on the couch, barely move work

I'm looking forward to it, even though I just had a week off.  That week wasn't really "off" since I had other meetings and stuff to do.   Next week I'll have to obligations that are schedule with other people, except I guess Thanksgiving dinner.  

• Like 3

I got to my classroom today and my cockroaches are having more babies.   I have one book that says they only breed once in their lives (which I didn't think was true based on what I read elsewhere) but EVERYTHING says they will only breed if the temperatures are over 80 degrees.  Which makes sense, they are from the rainforest.  So I took the heat pad away once they had their last batch of babies.  Those babies are about 1/3 the size of the adults right now.  But mommy cockroach (Marie) is right now giving birth to more babies.   I don't really need more cockroaches.  I had about 25 before this.

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I got to my classroom today and my cockroaches are having more babies.   I have one book that says they only breed once in their lives (which I didn't think was true based on what I read elsewhere) but EVERYTHING says they will only breed if the temperatures are over 80 degrees.  Which makes sense, they are from the rainforest.  So I took the heat pad away once they had their last batch of babies.  Those babies are about 1/3 the size of the adults right now.  But mommy cockroach (Marie) is right now giving birth to more babies.   I don't really need more cockroaches.  I had about 25 before this.

Give them to your students!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

Hmpf. She's probably one of those homeschooling mommy cockroaches.  🙄

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Junie said:

I'm still reluctant.  This kidney stone has been moving sporadically for about a month now.  I hope that it's about done.

9 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

You don’t drink it straight. You put one teaspoon into a whole glass of water. Apple cider vinegar is the best kind.  

Yep. My mom has done this for years, and she has nary a problem with her teeth. There were even books about ACV and healing benefits. I think my mom still has one of the originals...

4 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good morning!

Happy Tuesday, everyone! How are you this morning? Today is co op day, which I normally love, but today it sounds exhausting. It's Spirit Month, and today is Career Day. My kids are supposed to dress up as whatever they want to be when they grow up. Reader is torn between an actress and a princess (I puffy heart love how she's still such a little girl). Runner is going as a Bible translator. SuperDude wants to be a businessman, even though he's not exactly sure what businessmen do. And Squishy's going as Batman.

Coffee!

Reader can do both. She's an actress, being a princess.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Give them to your students!

22 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

My parents would LOVE me for that.

Now, my spring break homework assignment doesn't sound so bad. I had a class of prekers who had never played in the mud. I made it their homework assignment (written in the class newsletter!) to play in the mud over spring break. About 90% of them did (at least they said...). 😂

• Thanks 3

Good Morning, Tuesday!  Coffee!!

I had another rough night of sleep.  Too many things on my Urgent To-Do list, so my brain goes all willy-nilly on me at bedtime.  But at least today is low-key (and Dh made breakfast) so I was able to sleep in a bit to make up for it.   The kids are all doing their independent school tasks right now, so maybe I can knock a few more things off that list and get better rest tonight.

Saying prayers for you, Paradox, and sending hugs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, myblessings4 said:

That reminds me! I need to order tamales for Thanksgiving or Christmas or both.  I don't make them.  Just don't wanna.

See, my husband's aunt makes them, but she doesn't allow anyone near them to help, so I only somewhat know how to make them. That's okay. There's a great place down the street that makes the kind my dh eats (apparently, they're a bit different regionally), so I get those when we're not going to Albuquerque. Which is most of the time...(not going)...

• Like 2

Almost done with my NaNo words for the day. Cooking and chores are done. I have some printing to do, a little character work (will do that at the appointment because I hate not having something to do while waiting), and flash fiction to read and think about what I want to add and subtract. I like flash fiction, but it's super hard to do fantasy in 1000 words or less. Worldbuilding has to be so condensed and filtered through the main character's perceptions.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

After a double take, I reread and reread and yep, still the same words. Gah?! You're BREEDING cockroaches?! Shouldn't you be calling the exterminator?! Did I MISS something? 

Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches and, no I'm not trying to breed them. They are doing that on their own.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches and, no I'm not trying to breed them. They are doing that on their own.

Have you tried telling them they have to leave the door open?

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have never eaten a tamale 

This is odd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don't think I've ever had a tamale either.   And half my family is Hispanic, I live in a state with many many Hispanic immigrants, married into a family that is half Hispanic, and went to college in Texas for 18 months.  

I have had tacos, enchiladas, burritos, taquitos, fajitas, paella, quesadillas, nachos, empanadas (one of the ladies that comes to our annual lake party makes the most amazing empanadas), and probably a bunch I'm not thinking of but not tamales.    I may need to do something about that.

• Like 4

I evidently pulled my gluteus maximus while doing yoga this morning.   At the time it felt like a quick cramp but as the day went on, it was clear that I did something.  So instead of going to the gym during TKD, I sat on the couch on a heat pad.  It's helping.

Turns out the gym is evidently closed today because they are putting in new machines.  They had a sign up about new machines, but it didn't say anything about closing for it.  

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I may have eaten a tamale a long time ago.  We don't eat much food that contains peppers or seed-based oils due to allergies, so that eliminates a lot of Hispanic and Asian foods.  

There are sweet tamales as well, without chile (peppers).

• Thanks 1

Happy Humph Day.   Today is a long/short day.  Short with only three classes but long since two of them are younger kids and one is a full class.   But no tutoring or anything after so I'm done at 2pm.  

My gluteus feels better this morning.  Little achy but not bad.  Dh had suggested ice as well as the heat but no way I'm sitting on an ice pack when it's 30 degrees outside and barely hitting 70 inside.  Nope on that.

Still waking up with my ankle super sore but I keep forgetting to try the brace at night.  I should take it out now and put it on the bed, then I'll remember.   It's weird that it only hurts when I wake up, not when I've been on my feet all day or even jogging.  

• Like 6