Menu

Ignore this thread!

The neighbor moved out. Gave me 4 black garbage bags of girls clothes. We are talking pink, purple, sparkly, unicorn, mermaid, lace, bows and all things Mooies. Sizes up to I imagine a 14 year old Mooies would need. And a bike that says girls rule. And a Pinkalicous collection. And a unicorn canopy I have to Jerry rig to her closet somehow.

The boys got nothing. Ha!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, Slache said:

The neighbor moved out. Gave me 4 black garbage bags of girls clothes. We are talking pink, purple, sparkly, unicorn, mermaid, lace, bows and all things Mooies. Sizes up to I imagine a 14 year old Mooies would need. And a bike that says girls rule. And a Pinkalicous collection. And a unicorn canopy I have to Jerry rig to her closet somehow.

:wub:

• Like 1

Well, the nice thing about Hake is that all the teaching and review is right there in the text.  With R&S there is board work, oral review and I don't know what else in the teacher's book.  I always hated stuff set up like that.  Because I'm probably not going to do it.  And then people say you don't have to do all the assignment in the text - so then I have to decide how much to do.  I know Hake can get long too, but at least the mixed review is all different stuff so it feels like you're moving faster, lol.  And I do like letting them write in the book, but that wouldn't work if you used it with all of them of course.    #felpful  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I’m doing Hake, too. I love R&S, but I need something the girls can write in.

It just occurred to me that since dd10 is the last to use R&S, she can write and scribble all over the books as much as she likes!  :laugh:  I have never heard of Hake.  I live under a rock.  It's nice in here!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Morning, Happy Wednesday.  No camp and no jury duty so I have all day to run errands, clean house and do laundry.  Until 5pm when I have tutoring.  That I may need to spend 15 minutes working on before that.

I'm tired today.  I haven't been sleeping as well lately.   I wonder if it's due to the not so good eating habits from celebrations.  I kind of hope so because while it means I really need to be more careful with the three other birthdays we have coming up in the next month, it also means it's completely in my control.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

And then I want to clean my house.

Can you do mine, too? LOL. I feel the whole thing--although in my case, I'm not nesting. More like tearing my nest apart and deciding to go live on the edge of a cliff somewhere.

Revising like crazy today. I hit 116K in NaNo last night, and I think I will get to 120K before I validate sometime today. It's nice to have the win in my list, although I don't really care as long as I'm being productive. I did 120K last month and there wasn't any validation for that! But it does mean that I'm steadily bringing up my daily word count. However, August needs to be more sedate. Because nest needs to be torn apart and rebuild. 

• Like 6

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Humph Day.

Busy day. I have to have a total of 13-14 dozen zwiebach (German Mennonite bread roll thingies) for our family reunion this weekend. Specifically Sunday because I am in charge of that meal with my cousins, I have 3 dozen made already.😩 So, I guess I will be doing more baking. I am also meeting another family this afternoon. Yesterday’s meeting went splendidly. And tonight is the last high school swim night and I have to bring 2 pans of brownies and then stay and help serve dinner and clean up.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

It just occurred to me that since dd10 is the last to use R&S, she can write and scribble all over the books as much as she likes!  :laugh:  I have never heard of Hake.  I live under a rock.  It's nice in here!

I had never heard of Hake until this summer, either, I have no idea how I heard of it, either. Perhaps on these Boards?? I don’t know. Anyhow, I was under a rock, too.

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Hake is Saxon grammar.  😊

Yes.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

I am going to die. I was awake from 3 to 5 because Ds left at about 4:15. (He wasn't noisy. I just woke up in anticipation.). I fell asleep afterwards and my Fitbit says that I still got 6 hours 46 minutes, which is super good for me. But I feel like I was hit by a Mack truck, drug down the highway and hit again. But pets need me to get up so I will. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

I got dd11 off to Girls' Camp this morning, after a last minute scramble last night to get her packed and get a video audition made for the musical she wants to be in but will miss auditions for because of camp. 

Had to do a video audition recording for ds14 as well as he is leaving for a scouting trip tomorrow and will also miss live auditions. The funny thing is these kids have no trouble at all doing live auditions or performing live onstage but ds had a terrible time pulling himself together for the video audition--kept breaking down giggling--and dd had just as hard a time except she kept crying and curling up in a ball. Anxiety is a weird beast.

Ds's birthday was yesterday but we didn't manage to fit in our traditional cake and ice cream celebration because the entire afternoon and evening were taken up with running kids to and from classes and then getting the packing and audition videos done and we still got to bed way too late. Planning to celebrate today. Or maybe not because the youth group for our old congregation is having an ice cream social for all old-and-new members (they got a bunch of new people in the boundary reorganization as well as losing a few) and the older kids might want to go. We could wait and do the birthday celebration on Sunday when everyone will be home.

Logistics with a large family gets really complicated at times.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am going to die. I was awake from 3 to 5 because Ds left at about 4:15. (He wasn't noisy. I just woke up in anticipation.). I fell asleep afterwards and my Fitbit says that I still got 6 hours 46 minutes, which is super good for me. But I feel like I was hit by a Mack truck, drug down the highway and hit again. But pets need me to get up so I will. 

Same sleep pattern here. It's past 9:30 and I'm still trying to become functional.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, maize said:

I got dd11 off to Girls' Camp this morning, after a last minute scramble last night to get her packed and get a video audition made for the musical she wants to be in but will miss auditions for because of camp. 

Had to do a video audition recording for ds14 as well as he is leaving for a scouting trip tomorrow and will also miss live auditions. The funny thing is these kids have no trouble at all doing live auditions or performing live onstage but ds had a terrible time pulling himself together for the video audition--kept breaking down giggling--and dd had just as hard a time except she kept crying and curling up in a ball. Anxiety is a weird beast.

Ds's birthday was yesterday but we didn't manage to fit in our traditional cake and ice cream celebration because the entire afternoon and evening were taken up with running kids to and from classes and then getting the packing and audition videos done and we still got to bed way too late. Planning to celebrate today. Or maybe not because the youth group for our old congregation is having an ice cream social for all old-and-new members (they got a bunch of new people in the boundary reorganization as well as losing a few) and the older kids might want to go. We could wait and do the birthday celebration on Sunday when everyone will be home.

Logistics with a large family gets really complicated at times.

Solidarity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi all!

Popping in to see how everyone is doing.  I finally have my new laptop up and running (after old one died almost a year ago).  

So much easier to post than by pecking away at my phone.  Except that I trimmed the Japanese Maple and it was offended by my efforts and trimmed me back. So while my index finger is finally healing, the bandaid messes up my ability to find A-S-D-F.  I keep CAPS-LOCK-A-S-D-ing everything.

Ir auxka.  #iaISAUXKA.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I shocked DS with my language while driving today.

Me: *tells GPS to go home from next town over*

GPS: *tries to dump me on highway I don't like or need*

Me: *disobeys, knowing there's a better option 5 minutes away, though not exactly sure on direction because of massive new developments*

GPS: *drives me around in a big circle to bring me back to unwanted highway*

Me: YOU ARE A DOOFUS AND A HALF.

DS: 😲

Me: Name-calling like that should never be directed at people, but the GPS is behaving very foolishly.

I got us home the way I wanted.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I hate GPS and never use it.   I will pull over and pull up a map to find my way if lost.  But generally I look up directions ahead of time if there's a chance I may not already know where to go.

I never took a nap.  I ate two potato rolls (since they settle my stomach best) and drank a lot of water.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

We laundered.  Clothes, not money.  Then went to Ross and Target.  I bought four pairs of jeans for grandkids and two polos and a sweater for DD.  And lots of bottled water.  Oh!  And ds got a haircut.  Still working on payroll, but can finish it tonight.

Gotta pick up dh from class soon, and pick up food for the two of us.  Dc got Panda Express.

But laundering money is so much more fun!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

All I want to do this morning is scrap every plan and system I have and start over. I want to make schedules and photocopies and lists until my eyes cross. It's like organizational nesting.

I get this feeling every new school year. I guess it's kind of like nesting, but giving birth to lofty homeschool ideals...

11 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

And then I want to clean my house.

I also often have lofty thoughts of cleaning my house. It usually results in wishful thinking of owning a blow torch and burning everything in sight and starting all over...

8 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

No dying allowed.

3 hours ago, Slache said:

Money laundering! That's it!

BEST. BOOYA. EVER!

So, is the bank robbery off the table then?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Renai said:

I get this feeling every new school year. I guess it's kind of like nesting, but giving birth to lofty homeschool ideals...

I also often have lofty thoughts of cleaning my house. It usually results in wishful thinking of owning a blow torch and burning everything in sight and starting all over...

this is what the California Indians did when their houses got nasty. They just burned them down and started over.

No dying allowed.

As per rules.

So, is the bank robbery off the table then?

Never. We always like to keep our options open.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I. Am. So. Tired.

Fortunately ds14 has done a better job of packing than dd11 did and the audition videos are already in so I shouldn't have to stay up so late tonight.

I do need to run to the grocery store, pick up dd15 from dance, and put together the new table that was delivered today courtesy of Amazon. Our old table fell apart completely a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Renai said:

Just today I asked my child's other genetic contributor to kindly pick up some napalm at the Home Depot.

He failed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I went to the Spanish Bible study at my church again tonight.  I have really been enjoying it!

There was a different teacher tonight because the pastor was out of town.  He is a native speaker and pretty fast.  I knew that I would not be able to understand as much, but I did better than I expected.

When I was talking to some of the people after the service (read: listening in on conversations that I understood very little of) I told them (in Spanish) that I was tired and not understanding anything.  They laughed (not meanly) and one of the ladies said that she has the same problem at work where she is the only Spanish speaker.

• Like 6

What the carp!?!  I just got an email from the chamber orchestra concertmaster asking me if I wanted to do the 2nd violin bowings.  Uh, why would I want to do that?  Well, apparently because they made me 2nd principle and now I have to actually learn the music and lead the section.  I thought I would sit in the back like last time and get to loaf around!!  :dry:

The chili is done and in the freezer.  5 meals worth, plus 5 vegetarian portions for dd21.  

Sleep well, ITT.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6