Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!  

We went to early service and are home already.  No Sunday School today.  I have a list of things to do and have given dh a list of some things to do.  I have no meals planned which is not a good thing.  

Bookie, Junie has a really good idea there.  If you can freeze a bunch of ingredients into gallon freezer bags, you can store quite a few of them laying flat and stacked up.  Things you can just throw in the slow cooker with water &/or canned ingredients.  Chili, stew, etc.  Frozen grilled chicken strips are pricy, but are really nice to have on hand to throw together with a sauce and rice or pasta.  Pancakes freeze well.  I also like to cook up a huge pork butt thing and freeze in family-sized portions - use for tacos and bbq sandwiches or w/rice.  If you can aim for having 3 or 4 meals ready per week, the other days can be easy sandwiches, cereal, and takeout.

More Coffee!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

3 tasks done.  People have been instructed to make themselves a sandwich if they are hungry.  Might quick register the kids with the umbrella for the school year.

Not. Quick.  It took 2 hours.  Now my brain is angry because I've been staring at a computer for 2 hours.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, KrissiK said:

So there is a chance you will need to attend a different congregation??

Yes. A very good chance. Right now, most of the people in our congregation live in a different subdivision; there's only a few blocks over here in our neighborhood that are part of that congregation (we call ourselves "the annex"). A few different things could happen but the most likely in my opinion is that we will get lumped in with the rest of our immediate neighborhood.

Which isn't a bad thing, I'd love to get to know more people who live within walking distance. We all have friends in our current congregation though and change is always hard.

I'll find out in less than an hour...

Edited by maize
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Am I considered a redneck if my primary decorating theme right now is "cardboard box" and I have a broken lawn mower on the front porch?

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Yes.

Ok - the broken lawn mower is now out back and most of the larger pieces of cardboard have been disposed of.  Do I still qualify?  :biggrin:

ETA: The porch railings are falling apart.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

And...I was right about the boundary change. We've been re-assigned and will now belong to a congregation that includes a big chunk of our subdivision. A few other families from our old congregation (the ones who live near us) are moving over as well. I do know one homeschool family who are in the new congregation, otherwise I'll be getting to know lots of new people.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Ok - the broken lawn mower is now out back and most of the larger pieces of cardboard have been disposed of.  Do I still qualify?  :biggrin:

ETA: The porch railings are falling apart.

How long is your average blade of grass?

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Am I considered a redneck if my primary decorating theme right now is "cardboard box" and I have a broken lawn mower on the front porch?

Of course not. You’re only truly a redneck if you have a plaid couch and a non-working refrigerator on the front porch and a car up in blocks in the front yard.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, maize said:

And...I was right about the boundary change. We've been re-assigned and will now belong to a congregation that includes a big chunk of our subdivision. A few other families from our old congregation (the ones who live near us) are moving over as well. I do know one homeschool family who are in the new congregation, otherwise I'll be getting to know lots of new people.

Well, that’s good, then. Getting to know new people is a good thing!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Of course not. You’re only truly a redneck if you have a plaid couch and a non-working refrigerator on the front porch and a car up in blocks in the front yard.

I didn't know you knew my grandmother!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don't understand the princess thread and feeling pretty. I think I'm pretty. Some days moreso than others, but it really doesn't matter to my feelings. I don't keep mirrors in my home because I don't like looking at myself. I'd rather look at art. My mom used to say she could tell I didn't feel attractive based on the way I carried myself, but I've never known what that meant. I don't feel unattractive. I don't understand!

Eta: I feel fat. I've always felt fat even when I was normal. I think that's probably the same concept. I've just never felt pretty/average/ugly because I emotionally prioritized being fat. 

Edited by Slache
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Well, that’s good, then. Getting to know new people is a good thing!

I'm feeling good about it. A few of the youth leaders for the new congregation already stopped by to invite my girls to attend Girls Camp with them this Wednesday-Friday. My girls already did camp with our former congregation two weeks ago, but going with the new group would probably be the perfect way to get to know the other girls their age.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'm up!  I'm here.  I'm driving a bunch today but the rest of the week is calmer.  Three kids are going to Writing Camp every day this week.  I have a long to do list - some related to school and having a senior.  <svengo>  (School profile, and counselor letter, and FAFSA, OH MY!)  Coffee first!

• Like 6

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩😩

I woke up early. Had a bad dream and then couldn’t go back to sleep because it was too hot. DH and I have this ongoing thing.... I bump the AC down to 73-74 degrees at night, he only goes down to 76. For me, that’s too hot.

Nothing going on today. I guess I will work on laundry and some housework, school stuff, work stuff. 

Lily-cat is having a conniption fit. The other two cats got let into the house this morning,  but she got herself stuck on the roof, so she is crying and crying and crying.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Happy Monday! On the docket today:

Food - trying out an "authentic" red beans and rice recipe. It starts with dry beans and needs to he simmered 5 hours the day before you want to eat it. I've never made red beans and rice before, so it will be a culinary adventure.

Lessons - just the usual, but I've got to figure out math lessons. There's something just chaotic about them, so I'm going to juggle them to a different spot in the day. Maybe that will help.

Work - I'm juggling 2 projects, and I find I can't do a good job on both in the same writing session. I'm going to try to find a way to break up my writing time into two or three sessions throughout the day. When, I don't know. The schedule looks pretty darn full, but I need at least 2 separate times. A third devoted to editing would be nice.

And I have to take all my kids to the OB's office with me to discuss the ultrasound last week, because my sitter bailed on me last night. The people in the office are always good about it, but it makes a quick trip into a circus.

Bring on the monkeys!

Let me know how your schedule goes! I've been able to do my WIP work on two in the morning session, but when I'm revising and rewriting, I can't work on WIP drafts in the same space. So I draft in the morning, revise and rewrite in the afternoon.

When I was doing line editing, I would actually do my editing in the morning, and rewrite/revise in the afternoon, but I didn't have time to draft when line editing. Just too much intense analytical work.

I'm actually in the process of thinking through how I want to juggle writing, school, teaching two boys to drive, and keep up with my website and start writing content for it regularly. It's going to be interesting.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

I'm up!  I'm here.  I'm driving a bunch today but the rest of the week is calmer.  Three kids are going to Writing Camp every day this week.  I have a long to do list - some related to school and having a senior.  <svengo>  (School profile, and counselor letter, and FAFSA, OH MY!)  Coffee first!

Oh, goodness. Writing camp sounds awesome. FAFSA sounds terrifying!

• Like 4

Okay. I spent three and a half hours dictating nursery cleaning tasks to the kids while I deep cleaned the kitchen, cleaned both bathrooms, reorganize the school stuff, sorted through the kids art, did two loads of laundry and made the bed, all while menstruating to death. I will take trophies now, please and thank you.

• Thanks 8

8 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I just watched a movie that had this happen in it. Twice. Of course, the two brothers who buried their cars on the farm were hiding them after a series of bank robberies. I hope that wasn't why your grandmother did it.

I meant to respond to this earlier. My grandmother was what you might call a little tacky. Whenever a car died she just buried it. It was the cheaper option. I think there was only one on the California property but she buried three or four at her house in Missouri. After she died they sold the property and the new owners levelled it to build a mcmansion because her house was literally falling apart. I fell through the floor in the hallway once. I can't imagine what they thought when they found the car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1