Menu

Ignore this thread!

Before I moved here everyone I knew that lived here would say "The bugs are horrible... The weather is horrible... All the plants are trying to kill you... oh look, another hurricane... We're all going to die from this drought... I LOVE TEXAS!"

I get it now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Renai said:

Are you bored?

I think I'm going to start 21 Day Fix since I'm still awake. Then, I can hurt all over just like Slash!

Am I bored?  Yep.  I think I might go to bed.  And if there's any program that can fix all that ails me in 21 days... sign me up!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

When we moved intot his house, it took 3 trips for my pest company (BioTech) and 4 Terro ant baits AND Scotsman sprinkling Ortho any kiler powder before they all died. Texas ants are persistANTS.

No.

7 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Wait?! Whhaat? You saw me but didn't say hi?? I'm so hurt now.

Don't swim in the sea (chat board). ITT rules and regulations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Slache said:

Good morning!

Again.

Coffee, laundry, breakfast, morning time, school, chores, pool, showers, screens, lunch, quiet time, free play, dinner, games, bed!

Are we ready?

Wait, what?

Habla mas despacio por favor.*

*Speak more slowly please.  And I'm not sure that I have the verb right.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Junie said:

*Speak more slowly please.  And I'm not sure that I have the verb right.

You are being more polite than is neccesary for our relationship. A lot of people default to that because it's better to be too polite than not polite enough.

I say "Puedes hablar más lento?" in this context or "Mas despacio" as like a COULDYOUPLEASECHILL kinda thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  It's hmph day!  Getting ready for work.  We're going out to eat with friends for supper.  

What is everyone's favorite individually wrapped chocolate/treat?  I usually choose individually wrapped because then I can eat just a couple, and I want some new ideas.

Lindor truffles are my favorite, but I have a bag of chocolate chips that I keep sealed and can grab a little when I want. A bag of chocolate chips is only $1 and lasts 2 weeks.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Slache said:

Lindor truffles are my favorite, but I have a bag of chocolate chips that I keep sealed and can grab a little when I want. A bag of chocolate chips is only $1 and lasts 2 weeks.

One of us is doing something wrong...

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Junie said:

One of us is doing something wrong...

That's why a pick chocolate chips. If I had resees there would be a problem. I will knock out a family size bag of pretty much any chocolate candy in about 20 minutes, and I'll do it daily, especially when I'm depressed, but chocolate chips are boring.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  It's hmph day!  Getting ready for work.  We're going out to eat with friends for supper.  

What is everyone's favorite individually wrapped chocolate/treat?  I usually choose individually wrapped because then I can eat just a couple, and I want some new ideas.

These.

1 hour ago, Slache said:

That's why a pick chocolate chips. If I had resees there would be a problem. I will knock out a family size bag of pretty much any chocolate candy in about 20 minutes, and I'll do it daily, especially when I'm depressed, but chocolate chips are boring.

You are buying the wrong brand of chocolate chips. 😉 But it's working for you.

This is our eighth day without the landline working properly. Utility companies suck. The cell phones are mostly working now. (DH had to get a new one, and mine can't send pictures or do group texts any more.) Yesterday was my nana's nirthday and she had to find my cell # to say thank you for her flowers, but once the LL works, DH will probably change my phone over and I'll have a new number again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Slache said:

Lindor truffles are also my favorite.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's amazing how much water is coming out of our air.  I collected over a gallon this morning and I didn't think that we live in a high humidity climate.  Humidity here is 66% at present, which I when I google is the same as Florida right now.  Huh.  But humidity is 87% in Manila and 92% in Tokyo.  I stayed in Tokyo one summer and I hated that we would go to bed and our sheets were damp from the humidity.  Humidity is usually less in my hometown of Sendai but google says that it is 99% right now so maybe that's why I always thought that the humidity was so low here? 

• Like 3

I'm back from all the places and am finally getting my foot up with some ice.  The van was sounding super scary earlier, but it's a little better now after I put some oil in it.  Dh is going to come home a little early to bring the girls to the baseball game (where their choir is singing the national anthem)so I don't have to drive the van again today.

I was scolded a bit this morning for doing my glider when I am limping.  Humph. It's like zero impact so surely it can't make the plantar fasciitis any worse.  Plus I wore my sneakers.  And then I was scolded because my sneakers are very old. :rolleyes:

I've decided that our School Anthem will be "Still Crazy After All These Years."

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I like ghirardelli (sp) dark chocolate salted caramel. 

Also, dark chocolate bark with pretzel pieces (I forget the brand). 

Also dark chocolate covered pretzel crisps. These might be my favorite. Also, kinda hard to find. 

I also like Ghirardelli! But the Lindsor is my fave.

• Like 3

Just now, Renai said:

I have to have an About the Author write-up by the end of today and I don't know what to say about myself.

Renai has been teaching bilingual education for _____ years.  She loves gardening and teaching.  She has a (how old now?) daughter who is graduated and a (how old now?) daughter who is being homeschooled. 

• Like 3

I love Theo chocolate.  https://www.theochocolate.com/

especially the dark chocolate with almonds.  It's local.

And I like the Endangered Species Dark  Bold and Silky chocolate.  https://www.iherb.com/pr/endangered-species-chocolate-bold-silky-dark-chocolate-3-oz-85-g/32747

This site says out of stock but my local grocery store always has it. 

• Like 2