Menu

Ignore this thread!

We is back!!! It’s pouring down rain again, but we had pretty nice weather during the day. Saw Hearst Castle. Wow!! The California residence of publishing magnate William Randolph Hearst. Then we drove up to San Simeon and saw the elephant seals and their babies. Those things are just nasty. Had a yummy fish dinner and then saw “Aquaman”.  Hmmm, that doesn’t sound right.😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Y'all! Sit down! True story. I went to the Spider-Man movie really thinking I would take a nap. I don't like Marvel I Don't Like Comics I don't like those things. This movie kept us all engaged and we laughed and it was really really good. I did not take a nap.

We had to decide between that one and Aquaman tonight. We picked Aquaman.

• Like 1

Good morning!  It's Sunday!

I have nursery this morning during the Sunday School hour, and then my day is pretty much free.  Dh will take dd16 to her cultural exchange interview this afternoon and then we'll try to find some way to watch a bit of the game but mostly we'll watch a movie or something.

Must Pantz.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!!

No COFFEE!!!~D because hotel room. COFFEE!!~D soon!!

Well, I guess we’ll be leaving the land of childless fun and frivolity and elephant seals and go back to reality.😩😩😩😩

You know, I wonder what Aquaman would look like in that kilt video.🤔😍😍😍😍😍

• Like 3

Good Morning.  I went to bed kind of normal time last night - about 10:40pm (usually 10pm) and got up around 10:05 am.  I'm feeling fairly rested.

Have to head over to the science center to set up computers, make sure they all have the same version of Excel and figure out the best configuration for everyone to see my teaching screen.  I have some ideas I think will work.  

Then finalize plans for my two tutoring students Monday - 1 new 1 I've had for a while, work on classes for the rest of the week, maybe finally put dh's laundry away (it's folded and nicely stacked on a table), set up school for the week (ds is switching to MUS algebra).  I think that's it.   Oh yeah, come up with an activity for 4-H on Tuesday.    I like to do bird themes this time of year because the Great Backyard Bird Count is this month but we've already done owl pellets, and building nests, and egg drop (okay that's not really bird themed), and beaks.  I'll have to search Pinterest for ideas.

• Like 4

I like making over wood furniture. I haven't done it since college. In the last 2 days I have decided to 1. Paint, distress and recover the dinning room furniture, 2. Paint and oil the bedroom furniture and replace the nobs with something victorianish, 3. Paint and lacker a cabinet for the living room and replace the doors with shutters.

Do you think I could turn this into a side hustle? I don't make very much furniture, but Craigslist is a thing and I think I might be able to flip it for a pretty penny. I do not like working with fabric (says the quilter).

• Like 4

I’ve had COFFEE!!!~D now. We’ll be heading out. It’s been a very nice weekend. Gotta get home in time to pick the kids up from Winter Camp. I hope they are ok, driving down from the mountains. Another storm is in the works and is supposed to drop a bunch of snow. And we people are not at all adept at driving in snow.

Super Bowl. Go Rams. Have y’all seen that video of the Rams’ head coach’s spotter?? His job is to pull the coach out of the way when he gets too close to the field or a ref is coming to run into him. It’s hilarious. Must watch for that.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Slache said:

Oh! Oh! And with my recent painting ventures I could paint murals into the sides of larger units like dressers and cabinets!

Eta: Not particularly amazing murals...

A couple years ago a lady was commissioned to paint murals on the sides of these.... I don’t even know what they are. The are like fuse boxes or something on the corners in our towns.  They are probably 3-4 feet tall and were kind of boring, but she painted them, and they are cool. One she painted with fish all around it, so it looks like an aquarium. My favorite one looks like a stack of books. It’s hard to explain, but they look really neat.

• Like 3

Just now, KrissiK said:

A couple years ago a lady was commissioned to paint murals on the sides of these.... I don’t even know what they are. The are like fuse boxes or something on the corners in our towns.  They are probably 3-4 feet tall and were kind of boring, but she painted them, and they are cool. One she painted with fish all around it, so it looks like an aquarium. My favorite one looks like a stack of books. It’s hard to explain, but they look really neat.

The ones in the big city closest to us are covered with what I think are wraps of some kind.  Sort of like wallpaper but not wallpaper. Some are woodland themes - ferns and the like.

• Like 2

I tired.  I stayed home from church to clean.  (insert slinking away emo).  I think I'm finished.  I spent nearly 2 hours on the kitchen.  We really need a mud room or something for coming in and out the back and dealing with dog and cat stuff.  I have been denying that the area near the back door exists, but today I had to face the music.   

I tried to make chipotle ranch dressing.  Have any of you done this?  I searched online and found instructions that basically have you make homemade ranch as usual (packet, plus milk, plus mayo) and add 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely minced.  Well, there weren't any minced options at the grocery, so I just cut them up a bunch before I put them in.  I didn't think it changed the taste much, so I used three.  It's in the fridge now so it will thicken.  I guess I'll taste it again later and see if it's worth eating or a total waste.  

Did I mention, I am tired.  

• Like 3

I'm back from the science center.  It is absolutely perfectly gorgeous here today.  About 50 degrees, sunny, just lovely.  I want to be outside doing stuff but I have too much stuff to do inside and everything is super muddy from the snow melting.  Oh well, I can open windows and at least enjoy some fresh air.

Dh is watching the Super Bowl I'm sure, but he was joking around about just watching last years (which he is saving on our dvr for eternity.

Had a milestone today, first time I had to tell someone a class was full.   Hopefully they are able to make a different time.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Slache said:

I like making over wood furniture. I haven't done it since college. In the last 2 days I have decided to 1. Paint, distress and recover the dinning room furniture, 2. Paint and oil the bedroom furniture and replace the nobs with something victorianish, 3. Paint and lacker a cabinet for the living room and replace the doors with shutters.

Do you think I could turn this into a side hustle? I don't make very much furniture, but Craigslist is a thing and I think I might be able to flip it for a pretty penny. I do not like working with fabric (says the quilter).

How do you have time for this???

I have coffee! I bought a caramel almond milk creamer thing. It's not good enough that I will necessarily go back to drinking coffee every day, but not so bad.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Go Lynn, Go!  Go take a nap!

Sorry your knees are being stupid, Junie!

Dh has taken dd16 to her interview for the summer cultural exchange.  I am worried that she won't be accepted and worried that she WILL be accepted.  :willy_nilly:  

Someone keeps honking their horn outside.  Might have to go glare at them.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I tried to make chipotle ranch dressing.  Have any of you done this?  I searched online and found instructions that basically have you make homemade ranch as usual (packet, plus milk, plus mayo) and add 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely minced.  Well, there weren't any minced options at the grocery, so I just cut them up a bunch before I put them in.  I didn't think it changed the taste much, so I used three.  It's in the fridge now so it will thicken.  I guess I'll taste it again later and see if it's worth eating or a total waste.  

Did I mention, I am tired.  

I’m sorry you are tired. 

I don’t know what you are looking for in your salad dressing, like a specific flavor, or just a more Mexican-ranch flavor, but generally, I mix  canned salsa in with my ranch dressing, about 1:3 salsa to ranch ratio and it makes a yummy dip or salad dressing for taco salad.

• Like 2

Dh called.  He wasn't at the Table of Interview (@ Starbucks), but from what he could gather from the interviewer's comments afterwards, it sounds like the interview went well.  Dh spent the time talking with an exchange student from Germany who came with the interviewer.  Now we have to wait (probably) until early May to find out!  Good gravy!  How do they expect parents to get their child ready to go to Japan in 6 weeks!?! We'd better get her passport now, just in case.

Chocolate Sauce is ready!

• Like 5

When I woke up, it was 34 degrees. It is now 22 and falling rapidly. We have had a very mild winter, and we are now going to get our coldest temps of the year (wind chills will bring it to sub-zero territory for the next couple of days.) I'm kinda not in the mood.😒

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

24 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

When I woke up, it was 34 degrees. It is now 22 and falling rapidly. We have had a very mild winter, and we are now going to get our coldest temps of the year (wind chills will bring it to sub-zero territory for the next couple of days.) I'm kinda not in the mood.😒

I think it’s time for you to come visit me in California. It’s beautiful early spring here.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Sounds yucky.  But only because I don't like floats.  But sounds way yess lucky than a root beer float.  But I DO love a dreamsicle!!  So maybe I could pretend.

I’ll make you one.

I’ll have to drink it myself because if I sent it to you it would melt and get messy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2