Menu

Ignore this thread!

Ok! New policy at Matt's job! Are we ready?

Employees will now make themselves available every Saturday and holiday for overtime if necessary. If you have anything you want to do on those days you have to use vacation time. So if you want to go to the beach on a Saturday you either have to risk canceling your trip last minute or use a vacation day.

He said they dodged questions all through the meeting. He thinks it's illegal (use a vacation day whether or not you're required to work, just because you don't want to be available?) but everything was given orally so...

16 days.

• Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Slache said:

Employees will now make themselves available every Saturday and holiday for overtime if necessary. If you have anything you want to do on those days you have to use vacation time. So if you want to go to the beach on a Saturday you either have to risk canceling your trip last minute or use a vacation day.

He said they dodged questions all through the meeting. He thinks it's illegal (use a vacation day whether or not you're required to work, just because you don't want to be available?) but everything was given orally so...

16 days.

Wouldn't that count as being "on-call" and require some form of compensation?

22 minutes ago, Slache said:

16 days.

Like you said, 16 days. 

• Like 1

I am grumpy. My fingers hurt and i’m Mad because we have to buy one more thing....$&[£§&$# stove top. Could not get the baked on gunk off. And yes, we tried everything.$&€@#%+.  I have a horrible head ache and my fingers hurt.🤬

Please excuse the implied profanity.

• Sad 2

It was 80F today. This is not right. The boys said the air smelled like tornadoes and I agree. We went to the lake today, and now I'm actually sweating in bed with a fan on and the windows open, hoping it will cool off. Without tornadoes.

I do not like February.

• Like 5

I posted in the 1st and 3rd grade thread and now there's a 6th grade thread. I'm somehow very intimidated by that. I wasn't when they were younger but somehow prealgebra is just scary now. 

I looked at MFW geography again and still like my idea better. I need to get the books and plan out the lessons. After the move.

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Super long day today.  Three classes (10am to 2pm), Teen Hang-out (2pm to 4pm), then our homeschool 4-H'ers will continue to hang-out until our 4H meeting (7pm) and we'll order pizza.  I'll leave the house at 9am and return shortly after 8pm tonight.   

I better remember my Fitbit tonight because I will definitely get a ton of steps today.  

I woke up with a headache that isn't going away, possibly due to weather.   Tea is not helping so Advil it is.

• Like 6

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Tuesday!!!

Our House is on the market today. Hooray!!!! Now, hopefully someone will drop by this afternoon, cash in hand, and make us an offer.  Oh, oh, and then another guy drops by at the same time, cash in hand, and they get into a bidding war. And then a third guy comes by cash in hand, and offers us $20,000 over asking price.

That’s not very likely to happen.

Ever.

sigh.

So, back in the land of reality, we will do school and I will try to catch up on all the things I didn’t done yesterday. The stove did get clean. New razor blades helped a lot. And the moral of the story is.... always keep your stove top clean. The nice thing about the one in my new house is that I can take it apart and wash it in the sink. Clean up is a breeze.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Kitchen po:

Do y'all prefer non-stick or other surface for your main skillet?  If you don't cook with non-stick, does everything stick?  How do you avoid that?  (browning ground beef might be okay because of the fat, but what about frying eggs, or pancakes?)

I prefer non stick.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Kitchen po:

Do y'all prefer non-stick or other surface for your main skillet?  If you don't cook with non-stick, does everything stick?  How do you avoid that?  (browning ground beef might be okay because of the fat, but what about frying eggs, or pancakes?)

I prefer cast iron - which if treated properly is non-stick. 

• Like 6

I use cast iron for most things, but for eggs, I still like a small nonstick skillet. 

I am still tired, my head still hurts, but I'm writing and revising anyway! Got a deadline and I plan to make it this week. I want to be through with Chp 1-10 for initial revisions by the end of the week. I'm on chapter 9 today. 

The boys went to the dentist. One needs four teeth pulled and braces. Oh, joy. But at least it's one, not both of them. I found an art contest that I want to enter with one of my paintings, but I have to enter by the 17th of this month. Not sure I can make that with the current state of the painting, but if I work on it a little bit each evening, I think I can. I won't win, but still, I want to enter it. It's a theme contest, and this painting fits it really well. 

Other than that, it's gray, quiet, and I'm still working away.

• Like 4

Some woman was supposed to shadow us today and she just canceled. She texted me 30 minutes after she was supposed to be here and said that she decided this morning not to come because of the snow. I put the kids to bed late last night so they would get up late this morning and restructured our entire day to accommodate this woman who in the past was unwilling to yield even 30 minutes in her schedule and thought that I should restructure my entire week to accommodate her instead. After I said no she decided not to get together and then texted me last week saying that she would be in town at a convenient time for me and asked if she could come so I said yes and she does this. Mary has been extremely stressed about the move and was really excited about the kids coming over to play and cried when I told her they're not coming. So, I cancelled school for the day so they can watch Beauty and the Beast and eat chips. This is not what I had in mind for my day today!

Lynn, non-stick. Want a cast iron, but never got around to it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Kitchen po:

I don’t know what I prefer. Honestly, it’s one of those things I don’t pay attention to.

ok, I am such a dork. My cookware is Anolon, which is non-stick. So, there you go.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

In the Zombie Apocalypse, I will be the only one who can buy things.  Today computer systems were down at the pet store and I was the only one who could buy things because I had checks.  People were saying "Who has checks anymore?"  And I said "Me!  And I can buy things and you can't!"  Ha!  Sucks to be You!  I was also the only one out of a long line of people who could buy anything at the pharmacy - cuz again - checks.  (No one, including me, had cash.  😉  )

Of course in the real Zombie Apocalypse people will probably just loot things instead of using checks but who's keeping track of these things? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Run, Slashie, run!

Of course with a name like Slashie, I expect you to be good with a knife.  So Fight, Slashie, fight!

When I was in middle school people called me Godzilla. That was a good name for me. Large, awkward, and slow. Zombie food.

I was not fat in middle school, but I was in fourth grade the first time someone mistook me for a teacher.

• Like 4

I wish it would work on headaches. This one is reaching the level where I don't want to function, but feel more like curling up in a ball and covering my head with a blanket to block out the noise and the light. Time for more medicine. 

I wrote hard this morning, did a little revision this afternoon, listened to a writer who needed me to listen, and got absolutely clobbered in a critique on a first draft with not a single good thing mentioned about my writing. Reminds me to add extra positives to every critique I ever do. It didn't hurt--because this is first draft and I know very well that I have three rewrites ahead of me before it's in shape for Beta readers, but it would have been nice to have a small amount of positive feedback all the same.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3