Menu

Ignore this thread!

5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Go Lynn, Go!  Go take a nap!

Sorry your knees are being stupid, Junie!

Dh has taken dd16 to her interview for the summer cultural exchange.  I am worried that she won't be accepted and worried that she WILL be accepted.  :willy_nilly:  

Someone keeps honking their horn outside.  Might have to go glare at them.

Actually, only one of my knees ever bothers me.  My left hip, knee, and ankle give me a lot of trouble.  The right side of my body usually works properly.

I should have stayed home from church tonight.  I have been in a lot of pain most of the day today.  Well, except for my all-afternoon nap.  😉

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

That really was a question?  Photoshop, dear 

I thought it might have been a stunt double. Angi pointed out that they had the same teeth, so shopped.

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Did my fourth 5k on my fourth consecutive weekend. (Really proud of myself for this. And this time I think that I just might not get sick afterwards.   Knock on wood. 😉. )

Wow! Good job!

• Like 2

Good morning!  Is it just me or is it complete torture for anyone else trying to get to WTM?  Anyway, last week was not great, I was just so totally drained, I'm feeling a bit better after this weekend though.  We have regular lessons today, soccer practice tonight and some housekeeping in there somewhere, hope everyone's day is productive.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I’m sorry you are tired. 

I don’t know what you are looking for in your salad dressing, like a specific flavor, or just a more Mexican-ranch flavor, but generally, I mix  canned salsa in with my ranch dressing, about 1:3 salsa to ranch ratio and it makes a yummy dip or salad dressing for taco salad.

Thanks!  I'm not sure what I'm looking for either!  I thought the chipotle ranch was going to be hot.  I actually didn't end up trying it.  But the men said it wasn't hot.  So maybe it was just too ranchy.  I don't know.  Anyway, I'm definitely trying your salsa ratio next time instead.  Thanks!  

13 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Dh called.  He wasn't at the Table of Interview (@ Starbucks), but from what he could gather from the interviewer's comments afterwards, it sounds like the interview went well.  Dh spent the time talking with an exchange student from Germany who came with the interviewer.  Now we have to wait (probably) until early May to find out!  Good gravy!  How do they expect parents to get their child ready to go to Japan in 6 weeks!?! We'd better get her passport now, just in case.

Chocolate Sauce is ready!

:willy-nilly:!!!!!!!!!

13 hours ago, Slache said:

I think I might be dying of a gummy deficiency.

Please remember ITT regulations.  No dying allowed.  

9 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Good morning!  Is it just me or is it complete torture for anyone else trying to get to WTM?  Anyway, last week was not great, I was just so totally drained, I'm feeling a bit better after this weekend though.  We have regular lessons today, soccer practice tonight and some housekeeping in there somewhere, hope everyone's day is productive.

Go M25A!  Go!  You can do it!

We had friends over last night.  She and I didn't even watch the game - just visited which was nice.  They left around 10:30.  It doesn't feel like it should be a Monday.  Ack!  

• Like 6

Good Monday Morning,

We're in for another day hitting the 50's I think.   First day/week of new session so it's the fun time when I don't actually know how many kids I may have in some classes.  Some people let me know they are returning but haven't paid, others haven't told me either way.  Usually not a big deal except today when I have an Excel class and need to make sure I have enough computers.   I'm trying to keep costs down so I can keep prices down so we're using a big mix of computers, but I have to make sure they all have the same version of Excel.   Loads of fun.

Dh is the best.  He hadn't left for work when I woke up, told me he didn't make breakfast this morning because he washed the dishes overloading the sink instead.   But then when I was in the bathroom, he made me breakfast.  😍

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Thanks!  I'm not sure what I'm looking for either!  I thought the chipotle ranch was going to be hot.  I actually didn't end up trying it.  But the men said it wasn't hot.  So maybe it was just too ranchy.  I don't know.  Anyway, I'm definitely trying your salsa ratio next time instead.  Thanks!  

:willy-nilly:!!!!!!!!!

Please remember ITT regulations.  No dying allowed.  

Go M25A!  Go!  You can do it!

We had friends over last night.  She and I didn't even watch the game - just visited which was nice.  They left around 10:30.  It doesn't feel like it should be a Monday.  Ack!  

It really doesn't feel like Monday!

• Like 1

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!  :dry:

I woke up in a state of willy_nilly.  Tutorial registration has just opened up for next year so that has to be figured out and done.  It will be ds14's first year of classes there. Oy veh. Tonight is dd12's first Scout meeting and I just found out from dh all the stuff she is supposed to have completed by the meeting tonight.  I have't heard back from the girls' teacher yet if they can have their instrument lessons a half hour early this afternoon since children's choir location is changed and it will take extra time to get everyone where they need to go.

It's going to be warmer but raining.  All week.  Until it gets cold again.

Coffee!

• Like 3

We are taking the day off from school. I'm just too tired to do much, and completely wiped out from the weekend of driving and listening to lectures. We are going to go to the lake and I'm going to try to settle down and relax. Keyed up this morning because I made the mistake of problem solving when somebody just wanted me to listen. Why am I made that way? Gah!

Rant over. Tea and go sit in my corner and repent.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

We are taking the day off from school. I'm just too tired to do much, and completely wiped out from the weekend of driving and listening to lectures. We are going to go to the lake and I'm going to try to settle down and relax. Keyed up this morning because I made the mistake of problem solving when somebody just wanted me to listen. Why am I made that way? Gah!

Rant over. Tea and go sit in my corner and repent.

I so understand!  I'm that way too, always trying to fix it, I don't think it's a bad thing but, it sure can be hard.  I'm very slowly learning to ask if they need me to listen or if they want help.  Did I mention that it's slow going.

• Like 3

TaDa!

Page 3333 Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends
It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!!!

No COFFEE!!!~D, but soon. DH ran to the store for some half-and-half for me. #imaprincess.

DH took today off, too. I’m giving the kids independent work for school and DH and I are doing some finishing touches on the old house and then meeting with the realtor. It goes on the market tomorrow. (Insert very excited guy). Then hopefully I can stop writing checks to every Tom, Dick and Harry and cleaning guy and painter who comes around. (Svengo) I’m hoping we do well selling the house. It’s in a good neighborhood and the perfect size for a family with 2-3 kids.

• Like 5

Juliet is surprisingly refusing to go out and pee in the snow.  When we took her to the mountains to play in the snow she loved it.  Today she ran and hid in her crate.

She is on a snow playdate with her puppy bff from across the street and is now happily playing in the snow.  Or maybe just ignoring the snow in her delight with being able to play with her friend. 

• Like 4

Almost done for the day.  Just waiting on my last tutoring student, who comes from public school so can't get here before 4:30.  

Classes went well.  I need to remember to just let the kids explore the first day of Scratch Jr because when it's all new and exciting, they aren't ready to listen.  Better to just hover to help when needed and leave them to it.   My mis-match of computers for Excel worked pretty well.  I have one really small laptop, basically the size of a tablet, that nobody wanted to use but I had grabbed dh's on my way out the door so had one extra.   The little one is great for little kids doing Scratch though.

• Like 4