Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 hours ago, mama25angels said:

Good morning!  Yes, it's Friday eve!!!  I have nothing to do today except regular stuff, lessons, folding and putting away laundry and I need to figure out dinner, anyone want to help?  I don't mind buying stuff, just need low carbs..

Hmmm.... I'm the last person to give cooking advice, lol.  But youngest dd and I just had a wonderful lunch - leftover meatloaf, Bob Evans mashed potatoes (not low carb, but super quick to warm up), roasted sweet potatoes, and roasted zucchini and yellow squash.  Oh, my, the roasted sweet potato was to die for.  I'm only bragging because I rarely go to so much trouble for any meal, much less lunch.  😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mama25angels said:

Good morning!  Yes, it's Friday eve!!!  I have nothing to do today except regular stuff, lessons, folding and putting away laundry and I need to figure out dinner, anyone want to help?  I don't mind buying stuff, just need low carbs..

Our dinner tonight.  Though the salad isn't using escarole - but just a "spring mix" from a bag. https://saramoulton.com/2017/09/salad-dressing-chicken-with-escarole-and-bean-salad/

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
forgot link

I'm back from emissions testing, Whole Foods, and Aldi.  Groceries are mostly put away and the kids are having IP sweet potatoes (not as good as roasted), grapes, and potato chips for lunch.  Dinner is baked salmon with hollandaise sauce, a vegetable of some kind (probably green beans), and mixed greens salad.

I have to make a phone call.  Bah.

I slept so badly last night.  Every time I moved, I got a severely sharp pain in my knee.  The smart thing would have been to get up and take some ibuprofin, but by the time I managed to get my leg in a non-painful position, I just wanted to get back to sleep.  Repeat 4000 times until I gave up and got out of bed for the morning.

We settled dd20's university bill for the semester and I need a couple days of deep breathing to recover.  We are praying she can pick up some additional scholarships or maybe an RA position for next year.

JJM, let us know how the appointment goes!

Yay for Jean's sleep!!

It's a Miscellaneous Update Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends
It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm back from emissions testing, Whole Foods, and Aldi.  Groceries are mostly put away and the kids are having IP sweet potatoes (not as good as roasted), grapes, and potato chips for lunch.  Dinner is baked salmon with hollandaise sauce, a vegetable of some kind (probably green beans), and mixed greens salad.

I have to make a phone call.  Bah.

I slept so badly last night.  Every time I moved, I got a severely sharp pain in my knee.  The smart thing would have been to get up and take some ibuprofin, but by the time I managed to get my leg in a non-painful position, I just wanted to get back to sleep.  Repeat 4000 times until I gave up and got out of bed for the morning.

We settled dd20's university bill for the semester and I need a couple days of deep breathing to recover.  We are praying she can pick up some additional scholarships or maybe an RA position for next year.

JJM, let us know how the appointment goes!

Yay for Jean's sleep!!

In all your busyness, you forgot to booya.

Also, my computer recognizes "busyness" but not "booya."

That is all.

• Like 4

We just had a freezer delivered. Not a ginormous one, only 16cf, but still more freezer space than our poor fridge has. The delivery guy says it will take 24hrs to reach the correct temp.

You know you're the mom when you're excited about getting a freezer, lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I bought myself a couple treats today - parmesan crisps (made only of cheese) and sorghum grains to see if I can make a popcorn substitute.  Halfway through Aldi I realized that I will need to make Tzatziki sauce for Saturday's dinner and had to quick look up a recipe on my phone.  Also, blueberries were a good price and I had the brilliant idea of putting the cartons in a plastic veggie bag to avoid performing my biannual Annoying Customer Blueberry Dump. 🏆  It worked!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ellie said:

We just had a freezer delivered. Not a ginormous one, only 16cf, but still more freezer space than our poor fridge has. The delivery guy says it will take 24hrs to reach the correct temp.

You know you're the mom when you're excited about getting a freezer, lol

I love new appliances.💕

• Like 2

We are having homemade pizza for lunch.

I am waiting for carpet cleaner to be done.

I think one thing I am so stressed about is $$. I feel like we are just hemmoraging $ right now. Fifteen years of doing “minimal/only what is absolutely necessary” upkeep on the house is showing up now that we are trying to sell it. Painting, repair work, carpets. I am dying. And then, this D&C. Since we have Medi-share, I am going to have to pay for it. Which is fine.... I guess. Since we are on Medi-share we dom’t Have ginormous premiums and deductibles, etc. but, we pay for stuff. The money we save on premiums we spend on the procedures. Don’t get me wrong, Medi-share works well, and it is cheaper. We are financially ahead because of it. But, when insurance premiums are taken out of your check, you can tend not to notice it as much, whereas looking at a bill and writing out a check can make you choke.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I haven't started on taxes yet.  I hate doing taxes with kids in college.  So many extra stupid things to figure out - even with TurboTax guiding me through it, it gets confusing.  Do we report college expenses charged or only used during the calendar year?  What about expenses that were paid for one year but not "used" until the next year?  Can we deduct the emotional cost of mental anguish during a FAFSA audit?  Can we deduct expenses incurred while blowing up FAFSA?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I haven't started on taxes yet.  I hate doing taxes with kids in college.  So many extra stupid things to figure out - even with TurboTax guiding me through it, it gets confusing.  Do we report college expenses charged or only used during the calendar year?  What about expenses that were paid for one year but not "used" until the next year?  Can we deduct the emotional cost of mental anguish during a FAFSA audit?  Can we deduct expenses incurred while blowing up FAFSA?

I filed on the 16th. We're super simple though. My kids aren't going to grow up, so that will help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We go on the 15th of March for taxes.  I'm scared.  Dh upped his number of exemptions for some reason last year and with the new tax laws I think that might bite us in the ass.  We just finished paying off the bill from when he was self-employed.  Lucky for us, I'm not actually making any money at the science center yet.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

We go on the 15th of March for taxes.  I'm scared.  Dh upped his number of exemptions for some reason last year and with the new tax laws I think that might bite us in the ass.  We just finished paying off the bill from when he was self-employed.  Lucky for us, I'm not actually making any money at the science center yet.

You go in on the Ides of March?? Yikes!! Although that is also the 4th anniversary of ITT, which I’m pretty sure is stronger than the Ides of March, so you will probably be good.😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

https://www.target.com/p/perplexus-original-interactive-maze-game-with-100-challenges/-/A-53364350

They have this at the dentist. I think we might want it.

11 minutes ago, Junie said:

Matt was my other suspect.  John would have asked.

It was my fault. I set it on the table for him to finish when I'm done and I was distracted and set it down so he ate the whole thing.

5 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We have something like that - my kids still love it and it's especially awesome on long car rides.

That's what I'm thinking. I want to pick up a few things like that. I'll put them in the garbage bag in the back so no one can see them and just pull them out when they are overwhelmingly bored.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My kids all eat salads because that's what we do.  They will tattle on those who do not eat at least some at the meal.  Sometimes some of them will just take a handful of lettuce leaves and stuff them into their mouth plain just to get it over with, particularly if they don't like any if the salad dressings available.  Those are also the ones who were born in a barn.

#notreallyborninbarnsbuthardtotellsometimes

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am done with Tchaikovsky 1.  Not sad to say goodbye.  There are some pieces that I always hope to have the opportunity to play again, like Howard Hanson's Symphony #2, or the Saint-Saens Organ Symphony, or Beethoven's 3rd, 5th, 6th, & 9th, or anything by Vaughn Williams.  I don't feel that way about T1.

Here's some Howard Hanson for you.

(I have the music from minute 28 memorized because my eyes are always blinking back tears in that section and I can't read the notes.  I know - I'm hopeless.)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

Morning.  I'm tired.  I stayed up too late reading then got involved in a chat with someone interested in classes.   One class today, a run to the AFSA, swing by to pick up the kids, then back to the science center for D&D.   

Still cold today but it's supposed to hit 50's by Monday.  It will feel positively balmy.

• Like 3