Menu

Ignore this thread!

44 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We're back from kids' rehearsals.  Dd12 had to leave in the middle because her stomach felt very yucky.  No throw-ups though.  So she just reclined on the lobby sofa until the others were done with their rehearsal.  Notice how I avoided the use of lay/lie?

Susan is a Grammar Dodger!!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I have science experiments/projects chosen for the astronomy unit that we are currently working through.

Oreo moon phases:

OreoMoonPhases.png

Constellation flashlight: https://www.handmadecharlotte.com/diy-constellation-flashlight-discs/

Marshmallow and pretzel constellations: https://www.kcedventures.com/blog/astronomy-activities-for-kids-books-about-the-stars

Solar system necklace: https://www.handmadecharlotte.com/make-a-stellar-solar-system-necklace/

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Wait just a minute, Lynn.  Why is that room so clean?!?  Did I miss something?

Well, maybe.  We had some minor basement renovations done.  Damaged dry wall repaired, brick fireplace removed, closet built to enclose fuse boxes, half-bath redone as well, new canned lighting, and plumbed in de-humidifier!  New dry wall, new paint, new floor.  It was mostly finished by Christmas with the last few things finished after New Years.  Before all that we got rid of a lot of stuff - it had become the dumping ground.    

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

The scale is finally going down. Finally, finally, finally. It's been going up since I started keto and I've read on a lot of forums where that's normal, but COME ON PEOPLE! Let's get it together here.

Now I'm ready to be one of those success stories and lose 80 pounds in 6 months. That's healthy, right?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I woke up this morning and my breakfast wasn't made and waiting for me like it usually is.   Simply tragic.  So I had instant oatmeal with my tea, since then I only needed to boil one pot of water.

Hump Day!  The rest of my week is actually easier than the last two days so I'm happy.  

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I woke up to this on my weather app, which, I think, is confused.  Temp is true, but I can't find snow anywhere.  However, my facebook memories from 5 years ago today show a picture of my kids playing in the snow.  Mama, did you see any snow?

Screenshot_2019-01-23-06-52-50~2.png

Yes we did and my kids were happy!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

I'll do it with you!  We're talking about just reading the book and watching the videos right?

Yes! My library has it and all of the worksheets you need to write in are available on the website. I think the class is a fortune, which is not helpful to most people.

• Like 2

Good morning!  I'm exhausted, I woke up at 4 and dozed for the next few hours, never really going back to sleep.  I have an appointment today, piano and somewhere in there we have to get our lessons done, or at least most of them and church services this evening.  Ds actually has soccer practice tonight but, since he was sick this week and his team has no coach, I figured we'd stop by after service next week.  I guess I'll get up, I don't want too, and start my day.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

Yes! My library has it and all of the worksheets you need to write in are available on the website. I think the class is a fortune, which is not helpful to most people.

The class is a fortune but, my church has the videos that I can borrow!  I bought the book a few tears ago.  So, when do we wanna start?  

Edited by mama25angels
Never mind
  • Like 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Humph Day!!!!

I slept really heavy last night. And I dreamed I was in Law School. Being a lawyer would definitely interfere with my lifestyle. I need more COFFEE~D. 

Kids have Enrichment Academy today, which means I get to goof around the Big City. I think I will go to Hobby Lobby.

• Like 6

Happy Windsday!

Ducklings and Mama Duck are sickly. Fevers and such. We skipped school groups yesterday and again today. I have a dr appointment for myself, hoping to get antibiotics for a sinus infection going on three weeks now. Wish me luck!  

I’m also determined to shower. 

#loftygoals

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

I'm up. Okay--so yesterday, I was driving to writers' meeting and passed a store that had recently closed. Almost immediately, I had a sudden vision of a homeless cat wandering behind the store, and she gave me a look (a mental look) and said, "My name is Banjo, and you're going to write my story." 

Number one: I'm an adult fantasy writer. My attempts to write for kids so far have been pretty poor. I don't write kids all that well. 

Number two: On virtually every agent's list, it says, no talking animals!

Number three: I don't write for kids! Did I say that already?

This morning I have the cat, her backstory, her character arc, and have been introduced to her two best friends. I guess I'm writing this thing. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 2:25 PM, prairiewindmomma said:

Blacks have undertones.  We used to have a black front door and it took me a bit to get the right black.  

Tricorn black SW 6258 is a really lovely black--the most favorite from when I looked at black paint again last year. Benjamin Moore's Soot is also pretty nice.

I'm on team one black wall, just because light really does dark things with dark walls. It can feel oppressive, even in a room with a lot of expansive light.  Pinterest has a ton of pins of all black rooms---I'd show Ikslo Jr. some pics just to make sure that's what he's in for before you jump in. I've found that my teen boys don't visualize wall colors well. (We had a similar run in with cobalt blue paint.)

So weird - that's the black he picked (SW Tricorn).  I didn't even see your post first. 

It came out great, if I do say so myself.

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 6

I have to iron stuff today.  I figure if I'm not really mobile I will have to do all of the things that I have been putting off that don't require me to be mobile.

Today I can weight bear on the back of my foot and flex the front of my foot without too much discomfort so I don't think I broke a metatarsal.  I've been eyeing boots on amazon this morning. I'm still pretty sure that I broke toes.  Everything feels in alignment in my toes when I manipulate the joints and it's all pointing at the correct angle, so I think I might skip X-rays and just get a walking boot if I can't walk normally by the end of the day. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Slache said:

The scale is finally going down. Finally, finally, finally. It's been going up since I started keto and I've read on a lot of forums where that's normal, but COME ON PEOPLE! Let's get it together here.

Now I'm ready to be one of those success stories and lose 80 pounds in 6 months. That's healthy, right?

My scale is going down too- with the flu.  And other than the first day, my tummy and appetite have been normal so it isn't that.  And I'm only walking half of my normal so it isn't that either. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Warning!  MousePo!

(((Ducks and Ducklings)))  Hope you feel better soon!

I heard last night that the Big City Hospital ER was so overwhelmed with people over the weekend that they were sending them to other hospitals.  I'm guessing flu.  It's a bad one - and now that schools are back in session, it may be spreading fast.

It just started pouring outside.  Too warm for snow.

I am pretty sure I heard a mouse scratching around behind the bathroom cabinet when I got up this morning.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

Ds is supposed to go sledding up on the mountain this weekend with a group of friends and suddenly grew from a men's medium to a men's large. *sigh*.  He can still squeeze into his coat but I need to find ski pants at a thrift store before Saturday.   

I bought a bunch of men's medium stuff for him for Christmas and he fit into everything with room to grow a month ago.

How do they do this? I look at him, and he really is visibly broader through the shoulders. I just had him step on the scale and he's put on 10 lbs too. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I have to iron stuff today.  I figure if I'm not really mobile I will have to do all of the things that I have been putting off that don't require me to be mobile.

Today I can weight bear on the back of my foot and flex the front of my foot without too much discomfort so I don't think I broke a metatarsal.  I've been eyeing boots on amazon this morning. I'm still pretty sure that I broke toes.  Everything feels in alignment in my toes when I manipulate the joints and it's all pointing at the correct angle, so I think I might skip X-rays and just get a walking boot if I can't walk normally by the end of the day. 

Actually, I would have it looked at just in case.

This is the only time that you can maybe do something about it.

If you wait it may be too late.

You really don't want to spend the rest of your life with a limp.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

(((Ducks and Ducklings)))  Hope you feel better soon!

I heard last night that the Big City Hospital ER was so overwhelmed with people over the weekend that they were sending them to other hospitals.  I'm guessing flu.  It's a bad one - and now that schools are back in session, it may be spreading fast.

It just started pouring outside.  Too warm for snow.

I am pretty sure I heard a mouse scratching around behind the bathroom cabinet when I got up this morning.

Ack!  No mouse-po warning?  :Willy nilly:  

😂

ETA:  its a mouse-phobia booyah!

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Sleep depleted. 

Patience levels falling.

Irritation approaching critical mass.

All juvenile cerebral systems no longer functioning.  

Captain, we’re drifting toward the Februaries!  They’re headed right toward us!  I can’t stop them!

*throws self about in a Shatnerian manner*

This is awesome. Worthy of the ITT archives. 

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Sleep depleted. 

Patience levels falling.

Irritation approaching critical mass.

All juvenile cerebral systems no longer functioning.  

Captain, we’re drifting toward the Februaries!  They’re headed right toward us!  I can’t stop them!

*throws self about in a Shatnerian manner*

You're right, Capt. That's what it is! I'm giving it all I've got, but she won't hold together!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2