Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Krissi, in the spirit of the reading challenge, I strongly recommend that you read the next Harry Bosch novel.

Part of the challenge can be how many Harry Bosch novels can I read in one year??? I wonder if Tim Challies would approve of that???😂😂😂 Probably not.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Part of the challenge can be how many Harry Bosch novels can I read in one year??? I wonder if Tim Challies would approve of that???😂😂😂 Probably not.

It's flexible!

1 minute ago, Junie said:

My headache is still really bad.  😞

I think the party at Slache's house must be too loud. 😉 

Pipe down, Slacheys!

• Like 3

Good morning. I had a headache yesterday afternoon, but it's better. My hip is better too, but I hear the weather is supposed to turn cold on Monday night into Tuesday. Guess I'll enjoy my relief while I can. Writing a new chapter in one book, revising a chapter in my book that needs to be out on sub in March, and generally liking the whole "writing on a deadline" business.

• Like 4

I dreamed about baby birds hatching last night. Dreamed that DH brought me a paper sack full of different colored eggs, and two different kinds of birds were hatching. A lovely green and yellow bird swooped down and started building a nest near the house, and I picked out the three that were hers and put them in her next. I kept the little brown variety that looked like young blackbirds and made a place for them to be raised until their mother came for them. It was such a nice, sweet dream, I woke up happy.

I cannot remember dreaming about hatching baby birds, ever. Maybe this means I should get chicks this year? 😄

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I dreamed about baby birds hatching last night. Dreamed that DH brought me a paper sack full of different colored eggs, and two different kinds of birds were hatching. A lovely green and yellow bird swooped down and started building a nest near the house, and I picked out the three that were hers and put them in her next. I kept the little brown variety that looked like young blackbirds and made a place for them to be raised until their mother came for them. It was such a nice, sweet dream, I woke up happy.

I cannot remember dreaming about hatching baby birds, ever. Maybe this means I should get chicks this year? 😄

What a neat dream. I think it has something to do with your writing.

• Like 3

So my body's reaction to yesterday's 5k seemed mild.  I was "dead" afterwards and could hardly move for a long time but eventually got over that.  I did my normal pre-bedtime exercises (hips and bird dogs) and stretches.  But 4 am I woke up with terrible muscle cramps - all around my torso - rib cage, abdomen and the equivalent on the back.  It was strong enough that I felt like I was going to do the whole vomit thing again but fortunately I didn't.  I took extra gabapentin but I don't know if that helped or not.  After about an hour I was finally able to drift back to sleep where I dreamed about being in pain.  This morning all those muscles are so sore. 

I had magnesium first thing in the morning.  Then again after exercise.  Then again in the afternoon.  (But then I stopped because I can't take it too close to when I take the gabapentin or it will stop my gabapentin from working.) 

• Sad 4

23 minutes ago, Slache said:

Mornin'.

I woke up at like 2 am with no idea who this man lying next to we was and was very uncomfortable with the limited amount of clothing I had on. Does that ever happened to you guys? I know it's happened to me before.

Yes - many times!  I am usually very frightened and try to slowly and silently sneak out of bed without waking him up.  I once made it to the bedroom door before I woke up enough to realize who I was and who he was and where we were.  Usually I wake up before getting all the way out of bed.

It's a Bad Bedmate Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends
It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Also for the reading challenge, I want to read something by George Eliot.  Probably Mill on the Floss or Middlemarch.  I've always wanted to read one of her novels.  It could count in either the "over 400 pages" category or the "more than 100 years old" category.

I have Middlemarch, but haven't read it. I was going to re-read Silas Marner (read it in highschool) last year, but it stressed me out, so I stopped. I'm not a good fiction reader. 😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Mornin'.

I woke up at like 2 am with no idea who this man lying next to we was and was very uncomfortable with the limited amount of clothing I had on. Does that ever happened to you guys? I know it's happened to me before.

No....at least not the uncomfortable part...😄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Also for the reading challenge, I want to read something by George Eliot.  Probably Mill on the Floss or Middlemarch.  I've always wanted to read one of her novels.  It could count in either the "over 400 pages" category or the "more than 100 years old" category.

I would count it as over 400 pages category and then pick something fun by Mark Twain for the more than 100 year old category.

• Like 3

Hiya.  I've missed a day or two of posting here.  I think.  I'm kind of losing track.

I've never woken up forgetting who was in bed with me, but I have woken up really pissed off because of something that happened in a dream and woken up punching him. 😀

I'm being kind of lazy this weekend.  Did a workshop yesterday, then just came home and read my book (rereading one of the In Death series), updated some Facebook groups with Events for the science center.  Today I stayed in bed until 11, then went with dh to pick up a hutch we were taking from my mom, posted a schedule to a Facebook group I help admin, went by the science center to feed the fish and pick some stuff up, and I'm doing some laundry.  

That actually doesn't sound that lazy so why do I feel like it is?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I have Middlemarch, but haven't read it. I was going to re-read Silas Marner (read it in highschool) last year, but it stressed me out, so I stopped. I'm not a good fiction reader. 😂

I'm the opposite.  I have a hard time with non-fiction.  Though this book we're reading on aging/retirement will count as Christian Living, so there's one down.

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I would count it as over 400 pages category and then pick something fun by Mark Twain for the more than 100 year old category.

Good thinking!  

Does the Challies thing specify on whether you can or can't re-read a book?  Because I read one of the books (The Snow Child) about 10 years ago, but only vaguely remembered the basic concept of the book.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Everybody watch out!  There's a dangerous polar vortex about to descend on some places!  Mostly in the North!

Hmm. I wish we’d get a bit more winter here. My redwoods are blooming and giving me the worst headache. You can hear the bees buzzing and every time one lands on the tree, this huge poof of yellow pollen appears.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I took Slache's advice and went to Ulta.  I ended up with a couple products from PUR.  Not very many because $$$.  

I need to take my advice on this too. I found a product that I really like but I think it's going to cost me more than $20 a month to keep buying it and I don't really want to do that.

• Like 1

OK, I got the Reading Challenge Notebook set up. I use a handy-dandy composition book (I'm using the one I used last year) and put the check-off list in it and then write a brief summary of the book as I finish it. As the year went on the summaries became briefer and briefer.  I wasn't going to do it this year, but y'all talked me into it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1