Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning.  I've decided my bird activity is on for today.  Snow is supposed to start midday, may be mixed with rain for us, but the worst isn't supposed to come until tonight.  I did tell people to use their own judgement based on where they are coming from and how they feel about driving in it.  Some people will be coming from an area where it's supposed to be worse.  

Now I need to decide if I still want to bring my snake.  I was going to bring here because everyone loves to see her (and she really seems to like visiting), but it is going to be cold.  My space is toasty but what if something happens on the drive? But then again, she's a NJ native and worst that happens in cold is she brumates.  Plus, I could just stick her under my shirt to stay warm.  decisions...decisions....decisions....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Oldest dd and I are supposed to go to lunch tomorrow since this is my week off and that's her day off.  I'm hoping the weather is cleared up enough that we can.  

I also have a Game Day and Tutoring tomorrow afternoon.  I hate when I don't know what I'm doing because weather might happen.  I like to know what's coming up.  

• Like 5

I"m letting my kids stay home today.  It's going to be mostly little kids, the activity is one they've done a ton and won't be interested in, and having two scowling teenagers there isn't going to accomplish anything.   I'd normally have at least dd come and help but this is a family activity so parents will be staying to work with their kids.

• Like 6

Except if I wouldn't actually get the reward points.  We order everything on oldest dd's Amazon account because she had a student Prime account.  So, she gets all the emails for anything.   So unfair since we order 99% of the stuff on the account.

Edited by Where's Toto?
Grammar, usually don't bother but this bugged me
  • Like 2

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Tuesday!!!

I slept in this morning!!! It felt good to just coast for an hour. You know, that never-land between not quite being asleep, but not quite being awake.

School!!!

Cleaners are coming this morning, but late. Doesn’t matter to me. 

Hugs and hot chcolate to all you affected by Cold-mageddon.

The Island has an ap, now, Slashie??? Wow, Gordon, the IT guy must have been working overtime.

• Like 5

So I'm at the science center.  We have about an inch of snow.  Landlord didn't do anything about the parking lot yet so I'm scraping the snow out of my entry and parking spaces.  I'm not sure how many people are going to come, seems to be a lot of people around here that don't like to drive in any amount of snow.   Which honestly, would include me if I wasn't the one hosting this event. 

ETA: A snow-driving booya.

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

After revising all day yesterday, I ended up in bed at 8, just exhausted. DH didn't sleep well, and I woke up with him a few times. Got up this morning, and it was cold. I revised my problem section again--2hours for less than 1000 words. Ugh. I'm doing laundry, cooking, I have writing and revising to do, and all I want is a housekeeper and a chef to fix meals and take care of my house while I go to the island and get a massage! I'm so behind (or it feels like it) that I'll never catch up before I die! And I can't die, per regs, so I'm stuck being behind. Forever. In the cold.

Arrrrgh! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I'm still behind. But at least the food has been cooked and the last load of laundry is in the dryer. I still have to write, do more revisions, and run errands in town before the writers' meeting tonight. But at least I ate lunch and some things got done.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

The field trip was good.  We saw the Grumpy Cello Man.  (True story, which I posted on the forum 5ish years ago when it happened.  I took the kids to the symphony instrument petting zoo. Ds14, who had been learning the cello for about a year, made a beeline for the cello as though he hadn't seen an old friend for years.  So the elderly man in charge of the cello told ds to sit all the way back on the large chair, which meant ds's legs were swinging in the air.  So when he was handing ds the cello, ds carefully scooched up to the front of the chair because you don't play the cello sitting against the back of a chair with your legs swinging. The Cello Man, despite the fact that I was standing right there and told him that ds knows how to play the cello, got visibly angry and was shaking and said he could clearly see that ds didn't know what he was doing.  So at that point I just said that we were done there and went to see the trombones.)  Should have had ds14 get his picture taken with him.  :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Shoveling snow in the cold made my knee angry.  I love my snow boots but they are very stiff at the ankles which means I walk oddly and it throws off my knee.  Tried to go to Y and do some bike but it didn't work for long.

I had 8 kids at my bird event, 4 I knew already 4 who were new.   

• Like 7

DD3 made brownies for math today. She is learning about teaspoons and tablespoons. Her math Light Unit has a recipe for brownies from the Montezuma Mennonite Cookbook from Montezuma, Georgia. They sure smell good. DD3 likes to cook and she’s good at following recipes.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We have started reading Frankenstein. 

I read it long ago when I was young. I don't remember much about it, other than learning that "Frankenstein" was the scientist, not the monster, and wasn't the monster pretty articulate? o_0

• Like 5

I was able to park my car in the garage last night for the first time since the first week of December. It was so awesome.

We decided on a tile for the kitchen and laundry room backsplash, and Mr. Ellie is willing to pay for the contractor to install it. We're *this close* to being completely, absolutely finished with the remodel and whatnot.

That is all.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

DD3 made brownies for math today. She is learning about teaspoons and tablespoons. Her math Light Unit has a recipe for brownies from the Montezuma Mennonite Cookbook from Montezuma, Georgia. They sure smell good. DD3 likes to cook and she’s good at following recipes.

Well, this also turned into a food science lesson. Dumb Mom gave her baking soda instead of baking powder.😩😩🙄🙄 Anyhow, we made a second batch, that turned out much better and will taste test just to... you know... whatever.... provide closure, satisfy our curiosity.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

I dunno, Junie. Maybe the garage is too short?

Exactly.  You would think that builders would understand that if you are buying a large house, you might actually have enough kids to fill it up.  And you might want to take them places in a large vehicle.

Of course, our neighbors on either side have no kids.  That's a lot of empty space, imo.  😞  There are days when I'm tempted to loan them a couple of mine.  :)

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Well, this also turned into a food science lesson. Dumb Mom gave her baking soda instead of baking powder.😩😩🙄🙄 Anyhow, we made a second batch, that turned out much better and will taste test just to... you know... whatever.... provide closure, satisfy our curiosity.

Krissi! What on earth is wrong with you? You must taste the brownies in order to assess your precious child's learning and to provide valuable feedback to her on her experiment. "Closure." "Satisfy our curiosity." Hmph. WE know that you are just trying to show us all up as Homeschool Mom of the Year™.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

Krissi! What on earth is wrong with you? You must taste the brownies in order to assess your precious child's learning and to provide valuable feedback to her on her experiment. "Closure." "Satisfy our curiosity." Hmph. WE know that you are just trying to show us all up as Homeschool Mom of the Year™.

😂

Well, the taste test is complete. The “Baking Soda Batch”  tastes “weird” and the “Baking Powder Batch” tastes “good”. So, there you go.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I'm just good!  Actually, we have completed a packing and move within a couple of days before.

I've done this, too, but it was just me.  I got a job offer on Monday and started the job (in another city) on the following Monday.  It was crazy and I don't recommend it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, KrissiK said:

😂

Well, the taste test is complete. The “Baking Soda Batch”  tastes “weird” and the “Baking Powder Batch” tastes “good”. So, there you go.

See? Science AND math.

We need more of this kind of science at my house. 🙂

Coffee!

• Like 6

Good morning!  We did school at the library yesterday and it was fun!  Today we'll be home because I need to run people places and do laundry but, I sure wish we weren't going to be here.  The februaries have taken hold and I just don't want to do anything, I know that there are other contributing factors but, I just want to blame it on February, lol.  

Edpo:  Ladies, we are not doing any consistent writing, not even my older boy, the 10th grader.  Help us to write something daily, I have IEW, which I love, and a ton of other writing resources, why aren't we writing?

• Like 4