Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Slache said:

O-friggen-KAY!

I just got off the phone with an awesome realtor. She explained to me everything I didn't understand about the local area, why we're having a hard time and how we're going to get out of it. We're going to go through a specific management company which wants to verify our income but doesn't care where it is. As long as we make enough to qualify it doesn't matter that it's not local. As a thank you for going through this realtor the movers will be there waiting for us when we get to our new apartment. :ohmy: We make enough to qualify for whatever we want so all we have to do is pick the best place within our means.

Boo-friggen-ya.

Yes, this was a double friggen post. Deal with it. :cool:

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

• Like 1

I am back. Spent an exhausting morning working out DS1’s future with Probation. Then, picked up the kids and went out to par-tay for my Birthday!! Lunch at Panda Express and saw “A Dog’s Journey Home”. That’s a crying movie if there ever was one, all you movie criers. It was good. I would recommend it to anyone. 

The painters are done. I paid them and then had to breathe into a paper bag.😩 don’t get me wrong, they did a fantastic job. I will be recommending this guy to everyone, and when we have some $ again and can paint this house I will be calling him back. But our old house needed soooooo much work.  And it’s like.... there’s a reason these people are professionals. They do a much better job than we ever did painting those rooms. But it cost a lot of $. I hope that house sells quickly.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Junie said:

Almost everything tastes better with butter.  And salt and pepper.  But mostly butter.

:drool:

We had corn on the cob with dinner.

Oh yeah. Butter is amazing.

Which reminds me.... I need some COFFEE!!~D

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

I seldom if ever have emotions reactions based on reading something. I am completely un-stirred by most dramatic speeches, emotional rhetoric, or movies. I have learned which movie moments I'm supposed to cry at by watching other people. If I do react emotionally to a movie or a book, it's usually the "wrong" emotion. So this is really stretching me both as a writer and a person. I'm forced to reach out to my critique partners for their emotional reactions to my writing because I'll never feel it until it is perfect. 

I am trying to think if I have emotional reactions to reading things.  Some things I do. I’m starting to get a feel for the kind of writing I connect to, but I haven’t really figured it out yet. I did that reading challenge last year and just blew open the kinds of books I read. Some of the books I read I connected with on a very visceral level, and others not so much and I am trying to figure out what is making me connect. I can’t figure it out, it is very elusive. But I can tell now, by the first 2-3 pages of a book if it’s even going to be worth reading, and what I’m looking for is that feeling I get. 

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

Hey ladies!

Slache- congratulations on that realtor and getting the help you need!

Krissi-glad you guys enjoyed your movie!

My brother got to hold his baby girl today, he sent me pictures! My cousin is doing ok today, she was able to get some much needed rest. We had a fantastic lunch and walk around the mall with Angi and kids, my boys had such a good time.  

• Like 4

I almost never cry during movies or books.  I'm another who sometimes reacts in the way I know I'm supposed to, even if I don't feel it.

I'm up way too late tonight.  I had to prepare for our second D&D meet-up tomorrow afternoon.  I'll have hours free at the classroom (except helping kids with math), but needed to print stuff so had to get it done at home.   I'm mostly off next week except one bird activity, tutoring, and three make-up classes, two on Thursday and one on Friday, and D&D on Friday.

Sometime I need to find time to enter all my business stuff into Quickbooks.  Going back to August.  Ugh.

I had a weird feeling of deja vu reading some of the most recent posts.  

• Like 4

Matt wants a mop and yellow bucket and a fancy shop vac backpack thing he used to use at work. He has weird hobbies.

I love having my bullet journal again. So much peace writing everything down and then having it for future reference even if you mistangingly counted the information as irrelefant.

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I like this plan.  Each bedroom gets 2 baskets - 1 for dirty, 1 for clean.  We wouldn't  need dressers anymore, either!

I LOVE THIS PLAN!

• Like 1

Good Morning.  Stayed up too late planning D&D.   Then slept oddly and was woken up by my alarm.  I usually wake just a little before it goes off and I hate when it wakes me up.

Long but easy day - 1 class first thing, then a loooooong break in the middle where I'm going to work with the kids on what they had trouble with this week, then maybe a trip to AFSA, then D&D, then tutoring, then home to collapse.  A two hour workshop tomorrow morning (mock trial), then a weekend full of laundry, cleaning and planning.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I like this plan.  Each bedroom gets 2 baskets - 1 for dirty, 1 for clean.  We wouldn't  need dressers anymore, either!

But, but, but..... wrinkles!  😜

However, I do prefer shelves over dressers.  So many of us seem unable to open drawers.  I think it's a modern mutation of some kind.  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Having the kids fold their own laundry certainly made my life easier.  I basically sort into baskets right from the dryer and then hand them over.  But my clothes have been sitting in a basket all week.  Which isn't good.  Need to get through that this weekend.  

I don't have 6 baskets in my house.  We have 3. 

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!

Getting laundry put away is a battle royale at my house.  Somehow, there are clothes that no one claims.  They put away some of the laundry (with lots of grumbles) and somehow there are always leftovers that no one seems to remember wearing.  "I don't care if it's yours!  Just put it in the closet!"  I may have yelled a lot last week... 😞

• Like 4

Just now, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!

Getting laundry put away is a battle royale at my house.  Somehow, there are clothes that no one claims.  They put away some of the laundry (with lots of grumbles) and somehow there are always leftovers that no one seems to remember wearing.  "I don't care if it's yours!  Just put it in the closet!"  I may have yelled a lot last week... 😞

This past time my kids brought out stuff that they said doesn't fit and they don't remember wearing.  That's because I cleaned both their rooms and found them buried in corners.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Good Morning.  Stayed up too late planning D&D.   Then slept oddly and was woken up by my alarm.  I usually wake just a little before it goes off and I hate when it wakes me up.

Long but easy day - 1 class first thing, then a loooooong break in the middle where I'm going to work with the kids on what they had trouble with this week, then maybe a trip to AFSA, then D&D, then tutoring, then home to collapse.  A two hour workshop tomorrow morning (mock trial), then a weekend full of laundry, cleaning and planning.

I *cannot* wake up to an alarm clock.  It completely ruins my day.  I feel horrible.  Most days I just sleep until I wake up.  Dh or one of the kids will wake me up (gently) if I absolutely need to get up by a certain time.

12 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

We're making plastics in class today - milk and vinegar, and melting styrofoam with acetone.  Fun but stinky.

I saw this on pinterest.  Is it hard?  Or is there anything tricky about getting it to work?

ETA:  Booyah!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 3

Just now, Junie said:

I *cannot* wake up to an alarm clock.  It completely ruins my day.  I feel horrible.  Most days I just sleep until I wake up.  Dh or one of the kids will wake me up (gently) if I absolutely need to get up by a certain time.

I saw this on pinterest.  Is it hard?  Or is there anything tricky about getting it to work?

Squeeze out the liquid really well, and make your shape right away.  Too much manipulation makes it crumbly.  

I can't believe I've posted 8 times and you got the booya!  😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Dd and I have some clothes now that look exactly the same.  So I'm stuck having to look at tags to see who it belongs to. 

and socks!  Socks are the worst.  We all have big feet so I can't go by size anymore. 

I finally gave up on socks.  Either the kids sort them themselves or the little girls' socks all get thrown in a drawer together.  Marie Kondo would serenely scold me if she knew.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning!

Jean is getting very close to a whole year of steps!

We have 8 laundry baskets.  2 for each room.  I only do laundry for my own bedroom - the kids do all their own laundry.  It is supposed to be folded and put in drawers/closet but their clothes are not usually folded nicely.  I suspect we would never know the difference (in appearance) if their clothes were just left in the basket.  Imma make them all watch the KonMarie show and inspire them to tidy.

I/we have nowhere to go today, so I'm not gonna get all dressed up.  :laugh:

Coffee!

• Like 3