Menu

Ignore this thread!

The garden shed is finished. 

I've spent the day calling people to try to find someone to take care of our window trim issue.  I'm coming up with NOTHING before mid-September. Shoulda probably made those phone calls for bids back in February, when that first hit my to-do list. My procrastination has come to bite me in the butt.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, learning123 said:

Only starting too panic? Sheesh, my kids think cheese and milk are as essential as oxygen and water.

Us, too. And Slave Girl/ Cowslip, and Homer Price, Mr. Popper's Penguins, Mrs. Piggle Wiggle stories, Freddy (the pig series), Betsy and the Snowstorm, and a second vote for Betsy-Tacy series, and Squanto, Friend of the Pilgrims, Rabbit Hill... That is such a fun age for literature! 

Bookmom, Squishy sounds cute! Have fun at the park!

1st post on a page gets to edit their post amd add a "booyah"!  You will have to choose which spelling team you are on:

1.  Booyah (the correct spelling)

2.  Booya (the incorrect spelling which is stubbornly clung to by Certain People)

We will love and accept you even if you choose the wrong team.  :wub:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

You show a great deal more self control than I possess!  

It is more that I am cheap ?.  I hated the idea of paying all that money and then not having lost anything next week.

I have now been to the grocery store, and had fruit and stir fry.

B38E893A-08DF-48E5-9769-9EBA4FCF417E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

1st post on a page gets to edit their post amd add a "booyah"!  You will have to choose which spelling team you are on:

2.  Booya (the incorrect spelling which is stubbornly clung to by Certain People)

IT'S BOOYA, NOT BOOYAH. THIS IS ACKNOWLEDGED BY ALL ITT FOUNDERS, THE ORIGINAL BOOYA BABE, AND THE QUEEN AND RESIDENT SPALDING GEEK. Go climb a mountain. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

"Your next adventure awaits you"  

This is the email I get from Eddie Bauer several times a day now.  I just wanted some decent t-shirts.  I am not looking for adventure.  

I’m too tired for an adventure. I would prefer a week at the ITT Island being waited on hand and foot by Rocco,  binge watching Hawaii Five-0 and eating chips and salsa. And Mint Juleps.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I watch my weight. I watch it creep up, then stall, then creep up, then stall....?

At least yours stalls. Mine doesn’t even do that. It keeps going up and up and up.

a Fafsa on peri-menopause.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Or you can please everyone (or no one) with the hybrid Booya/h.

57 minutes ago, Slache said:

IT'S BOOYA, NOT BOOYAH. THIS IS ACKNOWLEDGED BY ALL ITT FOUNDERS, THE ORIGINAL BOOYA BABE, AND THE QUEEN AND RESIDENT SPALDING GEEK. Go climb a mountain. 

Hmph!!?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I made chili, washed dishes, and started reading A Girl of the Limberlost. Not for book club, but because it was a free Nook book and I wanted to.

A number of years ago, I read A Girl of the Limberlost, because my new friends loved it and said that life would not be worth living if I did not also read it, and I wanted to be one of the cool kids. And so I did. Faithfully. To the bitter end. Hoping until the final period of the last sentence that I, too, would adore this book.

But no. I thought it was dreadful. Also, it's a sequel (to "Freckles"), and not having read the first book caused some confusion.

Hope you have better luck with it. o_0

And it's a Girl of the Limberlost BOOYA!!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

At some point later today I have to drive dd19 back to the university so she can start her summer job.  I totally expect to hit weather bad enough that I have to pull over on the highway.  :rolleyes:

Slachey, how are you all doing today?

The 6yo(?) granddaughter of a lady in dh's office fell/tripped during her dance recital last night - she finished the dance, but afterwards they found she was bleeding and in a lot of pain and had to take her to the ER. Poor thing.  Not sure how she is doing this morning.

Coffee!

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Good Morning!!

I realized late last night that the overnight guests that I thought were coming on Friday are actually coming today.

:willynilly:

Prepare the "guest room" -- not really a bedroom, but it does have a daybed

Prepare ds17's room (he has to give up his bed for one night)

Clean the bathroom

Figure out what I can make for dinner to accommodate for extra people, including one with food allergies different than mine

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

7 hours ago, Tsuga said:

Not ketchupped. Looking for jobs is hard. I will make it. I will prove myself. Also @critterfixer Editors are paid to find sales, not excellence. HTH

Well, yeah...but I'm paying them to make me more excellent and help me make a sale to an agent. I hear good, good things about the one I'm working with in June. Hope that helps me do what I need to do to either make the book good enough that an agent will want to find a buyer for it. And if not, my next job is going to be learning how to market the book myself and writing the next one, because I've got all the stubborns.

• Like 7

I love cute kittehs! My birds flew away this morning. They've grown from little featherless peepers into big fledglings, and now they are gone. The boy saw them all flying out for the cedar tree around seven. I wonder the the parents will lay another clutch this year. It's a good site--they built the nest on my hanging light fixture under the eve of the back porch. No predator can get to it, and it's out of the wind and the rain. The fights over it are fabulous in the spring. 

• Like 8

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!

Temps are all wonky around here. Tuesday it was 101 degrees, today 79 degrees, Sunday it’s back up to 99 degrees. I guess I will just enjoy the cool days while they last. Summer here will be brutal.

This afternoon I go with IRL BFF to visit a nursing home in our small town. Her childless widowed aunt had an “episode” (doctors don’t really know what) and will now be in assisted living. BFF is her.... I don’t know, whatever you call it when you legally make the decisions.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I love cute kittehs! My birds flew away this morning. They've grown from little featherless peepers into big fledglings, and now they are gone. The boy saw them all flying out for the cedar tree around seven. I wonder the the parents will lay another clutch this year. It's a good site--they built the nest on my hanging light fixture under the eve of the back porch. No predator can get to it, and it's out of the wind and the rain. The fights over it are fabulous in the spring. 

We had a dove’s nest under the eaves on top of a light fixture for years. I think they kept adding to it so much that they couldn’t get there anymore. Critter, if DH cleaned it out, do you think they might nest there again? “I don’t know nothing about no birds’ nesting habits.”

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!!

I realized late last night that the overnight guests that I thought were coming on Friday are actually coming today.

Prepare the "guest room" -- not really a bedroom, but it does have a daybed

Prepare ds17's room (he has to give up his bed for one night)

Clean the bathroom

Figure out what I can make for dinner to accommodate for extra people, including one with food allergies different than mine

((Junie)) 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

At some point later today I have to drive dd19 back to the university so she can start her summer job.  I totally expect to hit weather bad enough that I have to pull over on the highway.  :rolleyes:

The 6yo(?) granddaughter of a lady in dh's office fell/tripped during her dance recital last night - she finished the dance, but afterwards they found she was bleeding and in a lot of pain and had to take her to the ER. Poor thing.  Not sure how she is doing this morning.

Coffee!

Stay off treacherous roads, Susan. Don’t take unnecessary risks!!

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza, PIZZA!

Moooom, Critter's teasing me. :/

13 hours ago, Slache said:

And Slache is yelling!

And *my* cute fuzzy gray kitty (who is advanced in age) is standing in the kitchen meowing because she's all alone and nobody's brushing her and how can she eat if nobody loves her??

• Like 5

6 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I've already stumbled on the "It's a sequel and I never read the first one!" stuff a bit, and I'm about 50 pages in. I don't love it, but I've read worse. Actually, it reminds me of about 75% of what Lamplighter publishes...am I allowed to say that? ??

What would you recommend for a next read?

(((TatBookWormMom))) Glad to know I'm not out standing in my field on this one. :-)

Have you read "Daddy Long-legs"? Quite a charming book. And a warning: if you ever see an advertisement for the movie by the name, with Leslie Caron and Fred Astaire, do NOT, under any circumstance, watch it. Worst.adaptation.ever. Bad movie on its own, too.

• Like 1

Happy Thursday to all. :-)

For many years, Thursday was my Official Field Trip day. Even though I haven't actually homeschooled in, oh, 20 years, I *still* want to field trip on Thursdays. :-) Today, that field trip will consist of driving 10 miles in *that* direction to the feed and grain store to buy bird food, then 10 miles back and a right turn in *that* direction to pick up a beautimous dress I bought last week (on Field Trip Day) which needed to be altered and should be ready. Yay me.

Mr. Ellie is having dinner with a friend after work tonight, and then picking up someone's computer to bring it home and work on it. I will be All Alone until about 8 p.m. More yayness. :-)

I don't do coffee, but I have had breakfast, washed my hair and my face, taken the sheets off the bed to wash and dry (in the dryer now; I will wait until it finishes to leave the house), and goofed off on the Internet.

That is all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, whitehawk said:

Moooom, Critter's teasing me. ?

And Slache is yelling!

And *my* cute fuzzy gray kitty (who is advanced in age) is standing in the kitchen meowing because she's all alone and nobody's brushing her and how can she eat if nobody loves her??

Whitehawk’s kitty.

meowing.

Alone.

in the kitchen.

It’s Hemingway for cats!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I have not, but I'll check my library for it! I usually hate hate hate movie adaptations (except The Notebook, which was weirdly better than the book). I want the t shirt that says, "Never judge a book by its movie."

I love book talk. Makes me so happy. Oh, I joined a book club! Did I tell you?

I had trouble finding it because I was not hyphenating "long-legs." :-) It has a sequel, "Dear Enemy." :-)

I cannot bear to watch the LOTR movies. So many hours, so much book-devastation. ::weeps:: Conversely, my children and I love "The Wizard of Oz" movie and book, even though the movie made so many changes. My mother, OTOH, saw the movie when it was first-run in the theater; when she left the movie, she went to the library to check out the book. She brought it home, got up on her bed and sat in the middle of it (why do I remember those details??) and started reading. She.hated.it.

And similarly, we love "Mary Poppins," both book and movie, even though the movie is a mash-up of a couple of books.

But LOTR....::weeps::

I have never joined a book club. I have not heard of any close to me. See? Yet more proof that my tribe is on the Internet and not IRL. :-)

• Like 1

Also, y'all, I have to new kittehs. Well, they're about a year old now, so not really "new." They were rescued from a parking lot, poor babehs. I named them Lupin and Minerva. The people who found them thought they were siblings, because they were together, but I don't believe they are. They just don't act like siblings.

Lupin is all black, lean and mean, and tailless. Minerva is a cream tabby. They are beautimous.

But y'all, I gotta tell you that owning kittehs after being kitteh-less and puppeh-less for a couple of years is rough. Now we have to think about pet-care when we go to Disneyland for the week. ::heavy sigh::

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I've already stumbled on the "It's a sequel and I never read the first one!" stuff a bit, and I'm about 50 pages in. I don't love it, but I've read worse. Actually, it reminds me of about 75% of what Lamplighter publishes...am I allowed to say that? ??

What would you recommend for a next read?

Yes you are allowed to say that, although my kids would not agree with you.? We have quite a few Lamplighter Theater CDs that we have listened to over and over again on road trips. They are a bit moralizing, but we do enjoy them. And there’s nothing wrong with moralizing in this day and age, I suppose.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Also, y'all, I have to new kittehs. Well, they're about a year old now, so not really "new." They were rescued from a parking lot, poor babehs. I named them Lupin and Minerva. The people who found them thought they were siblings, because they were together, but I don't believe they are. They just don't act like siblings.

Lupin is all black, lean and mean, and tailless. Minerva is a cream tabby. They are beautimous.

But y'all, I gotta tell you that owning kittehs after being kitteh-less and puppeh-less for a couple of years is rough. Now we have to think about pet-care when we go to Disneyland for the week. ::heavy sigh::

Our persnickety cat, Socks, was rescued from the woodpile behind the FastStrip gas station in a neighboring town as a wee little one. My mom is the designated babysitter when we leave. She doesn’t like that job much, but she does it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Well, yeah...but I'm paying them to make me more excellent and help me make a sale to an agent. I hear good, good things about the one I'm working with in June. Hope that helps me do what I need to do to either make the book good enough that an agent will want to find a buyer for it. And if not, my next job is going to be learning how to market the book myself and writing the next one, because I've got all the stubborns.

Oh me too, I also have the stubborns.

I get it, I guess what I'm saying is, I know you need to sell and want to sell but it's not your fault that there's no accounting for taste.

• Like 2

Hi. Coffee. Stuff. Work today.

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Much better. Alex had it the worst and he's running around shooting everyone wearing *all* of Mary's jewelry. 

2 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Both loads of laundry are now on the line.  If I get nothing else done today, chore-wise, I'm okay with that 

We're out of detergent! 

• Like 2