Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!  Wednesday!  Humph Day!

Bookie, the only con I can think of for subbing three picture books would be the increased cost.  Also, 3 sentences *may* be a lot for some third graders.  But no harm in requiring it up front and then seeing if Moms come to you requesting/offering less.  Sounds like it will be great!

It's coffee time!  

Critter, do you have your shades up yet?  I'm excited to see rain in the forecast for today.  I would love a cozy day!

• Like 5

Good morning!

Hey Luuknam!  Take care!  Don't take risks on treacherous roads!

Junie, how are you doing today?

I's so sleepy.  Moved into the "irritated coughing fit" phase of the 24-hour plague, so not much sleep last night.

JJM, I am so grateful that you recommended Clear Lungs a while back - it has really helped dh and dd11.

Must get pantz and go to the grocery store.  We have been without cheese for 2 full days and people are starting to panic.  Dd19 is coming with me so she can get food to bring with her to her summer job (camp counselor).  They pay for her room, but she has to provide her own food.  She'll have a full kitchen, so it's not too bad.

I'm definitely ready for a second cup of 

COFFEE!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!L~D

Wednesday?? Holidays really mess me up!!

i’m out On the patio this morning!! The kittehs were crying, so I thought i’d Bring them out and ITT and do devotions. It’s a beautiful morning. Not supposed to be quite as hot today.

Today is DS1’s last day of school.

• Like 7

I need to figure out what to do with my zucchini. Perhaps I will make bread today.

i also need to stay out of the sea. I was tempted to stick a toe in, but......best avoid treacherous roads. Cough....cough...Starbucks....cough....cough!!

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I need to figure out what to do with my zucchini. Perhaps I will make bread today.

i also need to stay out of the sea. I was tempted to stick a toe in, but......best avoid treacherous roads. Cough....cough...Starbucks....cough....cough!!

Agreed!  (Ack!  Someone on the internet is confused!.... Not my problem.....)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Good Morning!  Wednesday!  Humph Day!

Bookie, the only con I can think of for subbing three picture books would be the increased cost.  Also, 3 sentences *may* be a lot for some third graders.  But no harm in requiring it up front and then seeing if Moms come to you requesting/offering less.  Sounds like it will be great!

It's coffee time!  

Critter, do you have your shades up yet?  I'm excited to see rain in the forecast for today.  I would love a cozy day!

In my writing spot in the kitchen, yes. Every afternoon I drop them, but morning light is okay. I don't have them up in my room yet, but the moon kept me up last night, so it's time to put them up in there, too.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

EdPo:

We studied parasites today in science. Freaked my oldest DD out. 

That is all.

PS: make sure you wash your hands and everything you eat. Many many times.

I've had a parasite! Well, obviously I've had thousands, but I was diagnosed with one. Don't swim in man made lakes.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I planted my zucchini today -  Zach and Esmeralda.  I love zucchini bread.  Especially made with crushed pineapple and chocolate chips.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/30/2018 at 8:00 AM, Susan in TN said:

We have been without cheese for 2 full days and people are starting to panic.

Only starting too panic? Sheesh, my kids think cheese and milk are as essential as oxygen and water.

22 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Bookie, probably too low level, but we loved The Hundred Dresses.

Us, too. And Slave Girl/ Cowslip, and Homer Price, Mr. Popper's Penguins, Mrs. Piggle Wiggle stories, Freddy (the pig series), Betsy and the Snowstorm, and a second vote for Betsy-Tacy series, and Squanto, Friend of the Pilgrims, Rabbit Hill... That is such a fun age for literature! 

Bookmom, Squishy sounds cute! Have fun at the park!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends
It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by learning123
A BOOYAHED BOOYA OOPS!
  • Like 4

My bank card was denied at Aldi today!  :dry:  That's never happened to me before.  I called the bank and apparently they flagged the transaction as fraud.  :blink:  Come on, people!  I shop there almost every week!  I spent about $50 more than usual, but still, it was within the realm of reality.  After waiting on hold forever, the lady called whoever and said it was fixed, but it wasn't.  So she called again and it was fixed again but not.  Finally the 3rd time it worked and I was able to buy my food.  And cheese.  :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

I was hoping my cilantro plant would be big enough for me to harvest some for tonight's dinner (fish tacos with cilantro lime sauce) but it's not.  Still fairly wimpy.  I need to start harvesting some of the other herbs, though.  What should I do with all that mint?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I was hoping my cilantro plant would be big enough for me to harvest some for tonight's dinner (fish tacos with cilantro lime sauce) but it's not.  Still fairly wimpy.  I need to start harvesting some of the other herbs, though.  What should I do with all that mint?

I had yummy fish tacos at the beach!  ❤️  Mint - I dunno.  Mint Juleps?  (I've never had one, btw.)

7 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Putting on a funeral is almost as much work as putting on a wedding.  But with less lead time. 

Hugs!  A great reminder to makes plans ahead, to make it easier on those who are grieving, and generally having life disrupted.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

The next six weeks on my schedule are just insane. I've been calendaring this morning in between schooling and it seems the first half of our summer is already full.  How does that happen? 

You say yes too much.  

• Like 3

Jean, I think it's fine.  Alternatively, you could say, "Yes, they can help at the reception, but that's really all we can commit to since they are also doing xyz....."  If you think that's appropriate - it hi-lights what you've already agreed to and draws a line against further requests without commenting on the other cousins.  (Though what you have is fine too.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Is this too snarky?  SIL keeps texting with more and more requests for our family to do stuff.  Which I don't mind doing.  But there is never any mention of any of her kids doing anything. . .

"My kids can help at the reception.  I am assuming that other cousins could help as well." 

Not snarky at all. You need to draw a line. And then underline it. For some people.

i need some COFFEE

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Do you think squirrels would be afraid of a fake rubber bat?  It has creepy red eyes.

Oh, that kind of bat. I thought you meant a baseball bat. And then I wondered why a baseball bat would have creepy red eyes. Or any eyes at all, for that matter.

I really shouldn’t nap in the afternoon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

"Your next adventure awaits you"  

This is the email I get from Eddie Bauer several times a day now.  I just wanted some decent t-shirts.  I am not looking for adventure.  

I guessI'll return the European cruise tickets I got you. 

• Haha 2

Pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza, PIZZA!

Only mine is a breakfast pizza because DH wanted one, and we share. I have been ultra-productive on the writing front. I edited a chapter, brainstormed a rewrite of the scene in that chapter, rewrote a new query letter, composed a twitter pitch for a writing contest, and made PIZZA! I didn't clean the kitchen, but I did three loads of dishes and cleaned out the refrigerator, which frankly was scarier than editing...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, LauraBeth475 said:

Scribd is legit and it is fantastic. 

We've been spotted! :ph34r: Thank you. :happy:

14 minutes ago, LauraBeth475 said:

I impulsively joined Weight Watchers last night.  I wound up not eating breakfast until 1 pm today because I couldn’t find anything healthy to eat in the house.

Intermittent fasting! Make ahead breakfasts:

Paleo Breakfast Casserole

Sweet Potato Spinach & Feta Quiche

Banana Quinoa Breakfast Bars (we have not made these yet)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1