Menu

Ignore this thread!

Gud mrnig. Snuffle, grunt. I am up. I did the school planning this morning because I never got to it yesterday. Fortunately, this is the last week of spring term, and the boys have vacation in a couple of weeks. I don't. I have to work. But...no school! Party!

Today's plan--focus on my French and Latin this morning, then do a critique for a friend, work on a rewrite of my query with another writer who is a lot more bare-bones than I am, and then spend a few hours finishing up the revision of the final scene in this tough chapter. I think the next chapter is easier. If not, I'm skipping ahead and doing the epilogue chapter which I love and is very easy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Junie said:

That was so much fun!  Let me know the next time your nearish me and maybe we can do it again!

Oh, and if you can find the picture of us can you PM it to me? 

Boy....I will look for it....

Yes, it was fun. I love meeting my tribe IRL. :-) And I will surely let you know next time I'm in-ish town. :-)

• Like 2

I don't think that I said good morning.  Good morning!  I got these new gf oatmeal "bowls" put out by Bob's Red Mill.  Today's flavor was blueberry and hazelnut.  It was ok.  It will be perfect for taking to camp for breakfasts when gf choices are slim.  I'm always looking out for new products that are portable and easy to prepare.  (Just add hot water.  Or add cold water and microwave.)

• Like 2

My SIL posted some artwork on her FB regarding some concert she was working or something and it had Japanese plastered across it. John read (as in sounded out, not comprehended) what it said and I realized I could do the same. That was a cool feeling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KrissiK said:

How did the dressing turn out?? Did I tell you that the magazine actually had two base recipes, one for oil and vinegar and one for creamy and then each base had 6 different things you could add to make different dressings? I’ll try to take a picture and post it here. It’s really quite awesome. Blue cheese is another variation on the theme.

It was perfect, as usual!  I will definitely try the vinegarette one as well!  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Junie said:

Maybe you could google Japanese kids songs or Japanese Bible songs?

I have Sing and Learn Japanese which sounded cool until I realized I had no idea what to do with it. Maybe we'll listen to it for fun.

Just now, Jean in Newcastle said:

What did you listen to?  I'm rushing out the door but I can give suggestions later.

"Japanese music" on Pandora, so I have absolutely no idea. Thank you. My high school boyfriend used to listen to pop his teacher recommended and I liked it. I'll pm him, too.

10 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I am taking dinner to another family tonight and I don’t even feel like cooking for my own....so frozen lasagna. It reheats well and should be enough to stretch to lunch if they’d like.

Ugh.

What do you guys usually take to other families?

Lasagna is perfect!  BBQ sandwiches or baked chicken with stuffing also work well.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I am taking dinner to another family tonight and I don’t even feel like cooking for my own....so frozen lasagna. It reheats well and should be enough to stretch to lunch if they’d like.

Ugh.

I usually make a pasta casserole.  One time I took salmon and fried rice because it was what we were having for dinner.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

What were your favorites for that age?

Have you made a thread on the main board?

We liked Little House (all, esp. Farmer Boy) books and The Mouse and Motorcycle, The Enormous Egg, The Trolley Car Family... amongst others.

I'm glad you're on the upswing, Susan. We're all on the downswing...just colds, but we're in the middle of a move, and we're just not sleeping as well as we should.

1 hour ago, prairiewindmomma said:

For other families, I like to saute some chicken strips and make cheese quesadillas- a safe bet for most appetites.

(For us, bring us Chinese take-out and we'll be happy as larks. Or Chick-fil-A. Or ice-cream.)

• Like 3

I tried to have Matt teach John his math so I could work on other things but Matt couldn't figure it out so I taught him how to do it. 5 minutes later John walked in and said "Daddy doesn't know how to do this" so I taught John his math. He's in 2nd grade.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I did not make dinner. I ate grapes and cheese. It was just too hot to cook today, and I couldn't bring myself to turn on the oven. I have been putting in revisions since I got home from meeting, and I'm almost done with this bear chapter. There's one more of these, but it's a character issue, not a plot issue. Character issues I love to solve. Plot issues give me ulcers.

• Like 5

We had the last of the soup for dinner.  Kansas City Steak soup.  Ds13 said it was time to make more.  :svengo:  I think we'll do more chef salads for the summer!

I got all the End of Year books ordered.  Very late.  Mostly used from abebooks.com, and a couple from Amazon.  I found relatively inexpensive Easton Press (leather bound with gilt) copies of The Talisman and Emma.  Did not resist.  :tongue:  Also got some Konemann Classics which are generally under $4 apiece and have the softest paper.  I love books with soft paper.  I snuggle them.  :blush:

Speaking of air conditioning, it's cold in here.  Dh and I have differing opinions on how cold it needs to be in the house.  I need a sweater.  :rolleyes:

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I'm compiling a list of books to read to plan my 3-4 grade book club. What were your favorites for that age?

The Melandy Family series - The Saturdays is the first book, I believe.  I also loved Eager's "Half Magic", "Knight's Castle", etc., Lassie Come Home, King of the Wind, the Betsy - Tacy series.

• Like 2